29 replies to this topic

#1 Dave G

Dave G

Zedlet

• Members (10)
  • 310 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:48 PM

Hi everyone

It's has been along time since I was on here but I am very close to returning to the 'Z fold'!  Back in Nov 2008 (can't believe it's nearly 10 years ago) I bought a 350Z after months of looking/watching the classifieds;  

http://forums.nissan...gs-one-and-all/

To say I loved the car was an understatement.  I enjoyed every minute and every drive.  However, with the arrival of kids a little while later, the two-seater was on borrowed time.  I managed to hold out for a further 18 months after our first son was born but in the end I had to sell it as I just I couldn't afford to get a second car.  I remember the day the Zed went - for all the wrong reasons :(  Ever since, I have longed to own another Zed.  I had (have) the bug and couldn't shake it.  If I see one coming the other way I still to this day drop the window so I can listen to it!  So, getting to the point... I am in the position now where I can purchase a second car and it will be a Zed (370Z specifically).  It will become my daily drive with my existing car being for when I need to get the kids about.  I am quite picky about my requirements (that's ok right?) and would like the following:

370Z GT in black (black-black (Ebisu?) not Rose Black that can look purple in the light at an angle)
11 plate or newer (I have a personalised 11 plate that I want to put on it)
Manual
Coupe (not a soft top)
<50k miles (I plan on keeping the car for a long time so fewer miles the better)

There are some examples on autotrader and I test drove one last weekend but it was not in good shape aesthetically or mechanically.  I don't have a massive budget which is why most of the dealer options on Autotrader are out of my price range or just too far away (Scotland!).  Looking to spend between £13k to £15k but of course depends on the car.  I'm based just north of Cambridge.

So posting a speculative thread to see if any nissansportz owners are thinking about selling - please let me know!  It would be nice to purchase from an enthusiast who has looked after the car and given it the love it deserves.  Not sure if this post is therefore in the right section as didn't see any actual cars wanted in the wanted section.  Mods, if more appropriate, please move this thread to the wanted section.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to 'returning'!  :D

Dave

• Paul_S and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

#2 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,495 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:26 PM

Hello Dave, and welcome back. :hello:

I wondered what happened to you - it's good to hear you might be on the way back too. I got back into a 350Z again early last year after looking at many on Autotrader - and sometimes in the flesh too - over the course of a few years, so I'm sure if you keep looking within 50 to 100 miles of home you'll soon find one if one doesn't find you.

Michael :)
2007 350Z - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2004 Yaris 1.3 - It takes a little longer, but you'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.

#3 Dave G

Dave G

Zedlet

• Members (10)
  • 310 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:44 PM

Hi Michael

Good to hear from you!  :D   I must admit, I have been lurking on this forum for a couple of months now so I had seen the odd post from you!  Great to hear that you are a Zed owner again.  I plan on keeping an eye out on the classifieds and I'm sure (hope) a Zed will turn up soon...

Dave

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings likes this

#4 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,335 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 March 2018 - 07:16 PM

Welcome Back mate :thumbs:

II hope you find the the spec you want.  I am based in and around Cambridge / South Cambs - so I look forward to seeing you at a meet when you get the car.  We have a members only event in Cambridge in September and also in the summer we are at Kimbolton - which won't be far - if you manage to get one. 

• Dave G likes this

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

sml_gallery_123_431_228285.png

#5 zedbedee

zedbedee

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:11 PM

Hi

Try Evans Halshaw, that is where I bought mine.

Our zed was in York when we found it online, a 680-mile return trip.

It is true to say that when EH discovered we were so far away they delivered it to us on approval.

We also did this two years ago when we found the Mercedes we wanted.

When we saw the Mercedes online we caught an aeroplane to the North with Flybe.       :plane:  

Mercedes from the North .JPG

We always feel that when you find what you want the distance becomes irrelevant.    

#6 Dave G

Dave G

Zedlet

• Members (10)
  • 310 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:55 PM

Welcome Back mate :thumbs:

II hope you find the the spec you want.  I am based in and around Cambridge / South Cambs - so I look forward to seeing you at a meet when you get the car.  We have a members only event in Cambridge in September and also in the summer we are at Kimbolton - which won't be far - if you manage to get one.

Hi LESmo
Thanks for the warm welcome back. I'd like to think that by Sept I'll have a Zed so I'll look up the Cambridge meet! May even be able to make the summer one too...
  • LESmo likes this

#7 Dave G

Dave G

Zedlet

• Members (10)
  • 310 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:58 PM

Hi

Try Evans Halshaw, that is where I bought mine.

Our zed was in York when we found it online, a 680-mile return trip.

It is true to say that when EH discovered we were so far away they delivered it to us on approval.

We also did this two years ago when we found the Mercedes we wanted.

When we saw the Mercedes online we caught an aeroplane to the North with Flybe.       :plane:  

attachicon.gifMercedes from the North .JPG

We always feel that when you find what you want the distance becomes irrelevant.

True, I agree that distance is irrelevant once you have the car, the only concern I have is if I need to return the car to the dealer after purchase for a warranty issue then a dealership 300 miles away becomes a pain!

That said I am tempted to jump on a plane to Scotland...

#8 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,248 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:16 PM

Hi Dave, welcome back! :clap:

As we always say, those Zeds really get under your skin! :teeth:

I hope something turns up very soon.  In the mean time, there's no reason you can't come along to meets and start getting involved again :bounce:

Good luck with the search mate :)

• Dave G likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#9 zedbedee

zedbedee

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:47 PM

We were lucky, the one we have was bought through a national company with national warranty & guarantee cover.

We also saw two other zeds we liked, one in Bristol the other in Essex neither one were national companies so was a slight concern.

All things considered, we ended up with the right zed for us with the right dealership.

Our Zed from York   (2).JPG

Our Zed from York   (1).JPG

There were original Rays fitted but we changed them to these new 19"  five-spoke from choice and we still have the Rays.

We also bought a private registration number plate for the zed too, it reads my name with a 'z' on the end, as in-... johnys z

• Paul_S likes this

#10 zedbedee

zedbedee

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:53 PM

Hows this?

everything you asked for  :)

http://www.evanshals...-coupe-LX61WHU/

#11 Dave G

Dave G

Zedlet

• Members (10)
  • 310 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:46 PM

Hows this?

everything you asked for  :)

http://www.evanshals...-coupe-LX61WHU/

Hi Johnny

Thanks everso for taking the time to look for cars for me, much appreciated. Unfortunately the one in the link is an auto and I'd much prefer a manual. I'll keep looking...!

The dealer in Scotland is a Scottish only dealership which is why I am hesitant.

PS Your private plate sounds cool!
  • zedbedee likes this

#12 ChasGFL

ChasGFL

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 March 2018 - 07:37 AM

Welcome back, all the best in your car hunt

• Dave G likes this

#13 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,335 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 March 2018 - 03:48 PM

I had a look on Facebook Market nothing the age you want.  There are a couple of black ones but they are older.

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

#14 Dave G

Dave G

Zedlet

• Members (10)
  • 310 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 08:30 PM

Thanks again for looking. One will turn up soon! I may have to increase my budget if my impatience gets the better of me!
  • Paul_S and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

#15 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,335 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:48 AM

There is the perfect can out there.  You will know when you see it.  What did you move too after the Zed?

#16 Dave G

Dave G

Zedlet

• Members (10)
  • 310 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:56 AM

Nothing exciting at all. I bought a 'temporary' Honda Civic and guess what I still own nearly 7 years later?!? There was always something that meant no spare cash for a change of car (second child, moved house, extended house...). So jumping on the opportunity while I can!
  • LESmo and Paul_S like this

#17 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,335 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:12 AM

Sounds Like a plan :lol:   Nowt wrong with a Civic!

#18 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,248 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:13 AM

You might find it worth finding a newer one nearer you at a dealer and being cheeky with your offer.  You never know... ;)

#19 Dave G

Dave G

Zedlet

• Members (10)
  • 310 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:16 PM

Yeah, not a bad idea Paul!

#20 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,248 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:58 PM

Yeah, not a bad idea Paul!

Having read on here about the deal some have got on new cars then I would definitely give it a go :)