• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 CWM370z

CWM370z

Zedlet

• Committee Member (10)
  • 643 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:23 PM

That keeps  the front edge of the upper spoiler at a better angle to make down force  instead of being fixed to the tailgate on its own 

was it easy to fit , (like i said in previous post)  or did you fit it in a different method?

2016 370z NISMO v2 ebisu black   Nismo shoulder pads, Nismo valve caps.cargo net. Nismo wheel transfers. AAM competition tail pipes .Carbon doorhandle covers.

2018 toyota c-hr dynamic ,decuma grey /black roof . hybred/petrol 1.8 auto.

2004 Black .KURO 350Z,nismo seatbelt pads,35Oz mats, ztax disc holder, garmin satnav.stubby aerial.z frt bumper badge.dealer collector box set of Zs.black led rear lamps.NISMO hightone Z horns.volk gt-c 19"wheels.Toyo proxes t1rs,carbon frt leds,carbon frt air guide panel.NISMO oil cap. gold custom bolts.carbon engine cover,clear rear bumper lights,red harness covering.carbon bonnet lifters.samco set of red hoses,jim wolf air filter and stainless air intake pipe with red hose connections.
 now passed on to matty bacon,  now coming back to daddy

2014 NISMO JUKE . BLACK AUTO ,4X4SOLD .                                                  

>gallery_245_77_67379.png

#22 zedbedee

zedbedee

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:52 PM

It wasn't that it was easy to fit, it's just that I am clever. <--- my wife made me type this,  :lol:   aren't they just priceless.  :lol:

To answer your question seriously..., I drilled four holes through the lip spoiler, for two or three reasons, first it put the Nismo spoiler at the right angle without any alterations, it limited the damage to the tailgate should I want to take it off, It negated the need for removing the lip spoiler and all the problems that went with it.

I made up a simple jig with four holes in the correct place for the bolts to pass through and taped it to the centre of the lip before I drilled the holes, putting a bolt in each hole before I drilled the next one to hold the jig in place.

#23 zedbedee

zedbedee

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 March 2018 - 08:22 PM

I finished drilling the holes in the lip spoiler and through the steel hatch underneath.

In the picture, the yellow arrows point to holes which were already there and line up with the Nismo spoiler when in situ above.

The white arrows are where there were no holes, which had to be drilled for the threaded stud to come through.

I also removed the hatch weight to make it easier to lift.

drilling holes  (1).JPG

drilling holes  (2).JPG

drilling holes  (3).JPG

Edited by zedbedee, 14 March 2018 - 08:25 PM.

• Paul_S and CWM370z like this

#24 Greg Warnes

Greg Warnes

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 4,332 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 March 2018 - 11:56 AM

The Nismo spoiler is a lot larger than OEM one, from memory I think it picked up on two of the OEM holes leaving two more to be drilled.

I would be happy with how you mounted the spoiler  :thumbs:

• zedbedee likes this

If you cant explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

#25 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,515 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:48 PM

Nice work! :clap:
  • zedbedee likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#26 zedbedee

zedbedee

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:49 PM

I have finished drilling and have bolted the spoiler on now.

For anyone else wanting to do this, it does have its problems with fixing nuts and bolt heads to an angled surface under the OEM lip spoiler and inside the double skin.

I will need to remove the spoiler for it to be sprayed.

I did consider spraying it myself but cans of spray paint are hard to find, not something I was aware of until I recently looked for them. 

Now bolted on  (2).JPG

Now bolted on  (3).JPG

Now bolted on  (1).JPG

• LESmo likes this

#27 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,513 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:16 PM

Looks great mate.  Have you got a picture from directly at the rear?  You have done a nice job there - it will look mega when the body shop has painted it.

• zedbedee likes this

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

sml_gallery_123_431_228285.png

#28 zedbedee

zedbedee

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:01 PM

Is this the view you were looking for

I thought of spraying it myself with aerosols, you can get good results from them if you do it properly which I have done in the past when you are spraying just a small item like a spoiler,  but I can't find anyone who sells them anymore.

A final fixing place  (2).JPG

A final fixing place  (3).JPG

• LESmo likes this

#29 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,513 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:07 PM

Looks good mate :clapping: .  Like the twin level effect - I do like a big wing. 

• zedbedee likes this

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

#30 zedbedee

zedbedee

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:09 PM

Here are two more of the zed with the rear spoiler

350z with nismo spoiler fitted  (1).jpeg

350z with nismo spoiler fitted  (2).jpeg

• LESmo and ChasGFL like this

#31 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,513 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:23 PM

Nice shots

• zedbedee likes this

#32 zedbedee

zedbedee

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:55 PM

I have finally found time to finish the rear hatch spoiler, I also decided to have it sprayed at my local bodyshop and not do it myself. the colour match is just superb and I think the spoiler looks all part of the zed now.

rear spoiler finished  (1).JPG

rear spoiler finished  (2).JPG

rear spoiler finished  (3).JPG

• Paul_S, CWM370z and ChasGFL like this

#33 mattross1313

mattross1313

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:03 PM

This looks so much better than I thought it would from the first few pictures. Fair play to you for doing the drilling and fitting, also to your paint shop on the colour match.

Not too sure on the 350 badged each side of the boot, but each to their own :)