4 replies to this topic

#1 TheAirRover

TheAirRover

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:22 AM

With less than 200 miles covered in the first week of ownership and the up-change indicator set at 4000rpm, not really been able to give the car a good ‘shake down ‘- but loving every moment

I get a double buzz, firstly walking up to it and than opening the door and seeing the cabin- I’m hooked!

I have one question, should the orange padlock light stay on constantly, even when the door mounted unlock button is pressed.

The light even remains illuminated when the car is locked and left in unattended, the manual seems to imply it should time out after 1 minute

Not a big problem just need to know if it’s something to have sorted at a later date

Thanks for any advice
  • dj370zNismo likes this

2018 Storm White 370z Nismo

#2 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,231 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:46 AM

Glad you're enjoying it.

The padlock light should only be illuminated when the doors are locked.

Edit - ...and I think it goes out after a while when you lock the car from the outside - although I'm normally not around to notice it!

Edited by Chubbs, 17 March 2018 - 08:49 AM.

• LESmo likes this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#3 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,446 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:57 AM

Yes - it stays on while the keys I think are in range.  Try locking it, leaving the keys in the house and going back to the car a few minutes later.

If you have auto lock set on the car so it locks the doors when driving the light will be on all the time.  Some people do tape over it to get rid of it.

• Chubbs likes this

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

sml_gallery_123_431_228285.png

#4 TheAirRover

TheAirRover

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:03 AM

Thanks Chubbs and LESmo for the quick reply, I’ll experiment and see what combination turns the light off - if any

2018 370Z Storm White

2018 Storm White 370z Nismo

#5 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,231 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 March 2018 - 12:11 PM

Fair point, Les. I never have 'auto lock' switched on, so I wouldn't know about that.

• LESmo likes this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B