Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,446 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:22 PM

Wow... 1st Use..  Wow

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

£5.64 Delivered with Prime.

I have been looking at a way of bringing my 4 year old steering wheel up a bit.  This little brush may be a answer.  I have only briefly used it tonight but the wheel felt soft again.  I will likely still replace the wheel at some point, and I need to try it a bit more, but this seems a cheap option to bring the wheel up.  Its not a massive brush with mid stiff bristles. 

41qeMVhrZSL._SX425_.jpg

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

sml_gallery_123_431_228285.png

#2 blobbish

blobbish

Club Secretary

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 March 2018 - 09:16 PM

Interesting Les. I find my Nismo wheel gets mucky and is quite difficult to bring back to life.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  • LESmo likes this

Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

#3 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,446 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 March 2018 - 04:05 AM

I have had the same situation, its loses its softness - I haven't driven the car yet I parked it and did the wheel - but it felt softer.  I have avoided chemicals so far - only using a damp microfibre and a dab of hand wash, but over the 4 years - it has started to feel less soft.  Almost flat to the touch.  This may well be a cheap fix to the problem, as I brushed a small amount of debris came off the wheel.

While the Nismo Wheel is great it loses its touch over time, 

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

#4 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,446 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:32 AM

Ok, I had a go in daylight yesterday, it does definately make the wheel softer again, after 4 years its hard to remember what it felt like when I picked the car up.  You do need to gently rub the wheel with a microfibre as bits come off, not sure if they are warn bits of the wheel or just rubbish the wheel has accomulated.  But it definately seems to be the most effective way to clean it.  

#5 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,446 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 March 2018 - 09:41 AM

Definitely this little brush as done wonders.  It does seem to remove the old warn pieces from the Wheel - but if anyone saw DOYSOS with the touching episode with the Lancia they shaved the seats - so I can see why it would help.  Anyway it does fluff the wheel back up.  Best its felt in a long time

med_gallery_123_430_788876.jpg