#1 Ooozit

Ooozit

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 12:40 PM

Hi,

I'm new to the club, so I'm saying hello for the first time,.........."Hello".

I have been the owner of a Skyline 350GT Coupé for 12 years, I still love it and I can't imagine what I could replace it with.

Like me, it's getting a bit long in the tooth now and, unfortunately, I am having a few issues. One happening last night requiring RAC attendance. Of course, they don't have the correect code file, so I suggested trying 350z and the following codes were logged:-

DTC: P1122,Electric throttle control function circuit
DTC: P2122,Accelerate pedal position sensor 1 circuit
DTC: P2127,Accelerate pedal position sensor 2 circuit
DTC: P1126,Electric throttle control motor power / Thermostat function

Basically, the engine suddenly dropped to tickover only, but whether its the throttle actuator or another part of the system has yet to be established.
I am seeking help from a mechanic, but if anyone can shed any light on the problem, I would be extremely grateful.

#2 CWM370z

CWM370z

Zedlet

• Committee Member (10)
  • 621 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 08:35 PM

Hi welcome to nissansprtz  :welcome: 

its a silly question, I dare say you've checked but could it be a fuse ??? as you say you've got fault codes pointing to sensors and throttle motor .

someone will be along with more to help  .,I'm sure . :thumbs:

• zedbedee likes this

2016 370z NISMO v2 ebisu black   Nismo shoulder pads, Nismo valve caps.cargo net. Nismo wheel transfers. AAM competition tail pipes .Carbon doorhandle covers.

2014 BLACK NISMO JUKE  black 2-4 switchable wheel drive ,auto,and 6speed selectable gear box,bonnet guard, nismo vale caps,nismo seat belt pads , Rokblokz mud flaps

2004 Black .KURO 350Z,nismo seatbelt pads,35Oz mats, ztax disc holder, garmin satnav.stubby aerial.z frt bumper badge.dealer collector box set of Zs.black led rear lamps.NISMO hightone Z horns.volk gt-c 19"wheels.Toyo proxes t1rs,carbon frt leds,carbon frt air guide panel.NISMO oil cap. gold custom bolts.carbon engine cover,clear rear bumper lights,red harness covering.carbon bonnet lifters.samco set of red hoses,jim wolf air filter and stainless air intake pipe with red hose connections.
 now passed on to matty bacon  

>gallery_245_77_67379.png

#3 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 32,655 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 April 2018 - 08:44 PM

Hello and welcome :)

Sorry to hear you've got problems.  I haven't got an answer for you, but I am giving it some thought and will see if I can find anything.

In the mean time, have you got any photos of your car?  They are very rare and I expect there are a few on here who don't know what they look like!

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

#4 Kev T

Kev T

Zedling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 April 2018 - 10:19 PM

Hello and welcome.

#5 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 9,877 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 April 2018 - 04:59 AM

Welcome Sorry you have problems - does it re-learn when reset?  Is it still on tick over only.  I know when I did a full reset last year I had a number of readiness sensors which had to reset and did it over a 20 mile round trip.  Have you got a ODBII reader to see if they are still flagged.  Certainly when re-learning the car wasn't in limp mode though.

Anyway welcome. 

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate)

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Check out our -  2014, 2015 & 2016 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Drive Tribe

#6 zedbedee

zedbedee

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:13 AM

Hi

Welcome.

It all sounds like a fuel supply problem,

did the RAC check the fuel pump was working properly

or look for a blockage in the fuel filter or line

#7 Daz JDM

Daz JDM

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:05 AM

may be a bit of a pointer??     http://pmmonline.co....rmittent-fault/

#8 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,544 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:35 AM

A very informative read. Well found!
62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly