7 replies to this topic

#1 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 11:22 PM

Drove my 2018 Nismo today for the first time in 3 weeks.
It was an hour and a half drive and for the whole journey couldnt turn on the air con as the heater pannel was dead. Tried switching the iginition on an off a few times but no joy.
After arriving at my destination left the car locked for an hour and then miraculously the heater pannel lit up and the air con worked as normal.

Anyone else had this issue or know the cause of the problem?

Thanks

#2 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 9,685 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 April 2018 - 05:04 AM

Never and I have left the car for 3-4 weeks 3 times in its 4 year life.  Very strange.

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate)

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Check out our -  2014, 2015 & 2016 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Drive Tribe

#3 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 15,629 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 April 2018 - 08:06 AM

Never heard of this happening with a heater panel either. Hopefully it was just one of those unexplained little glitches.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

#4 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,427 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 April 2018 - 08:13 AM

Not a 370 but on two of my GT-Rs the control panel has failed to boot successfully (stuck on logo screen) from time to time with controls (multi-function, satnav, media, heater) not working. Sometimes it would clear on restart, sometimes it would stay for a day (really annoying when you want to use SatNav). When I talked to the dealer about it at service time, it was not able to be replicated (not surprisingly) and no fault codes shown in logs. Hasn't done it for quite a while (reaches for wood to touch) so I'm not pursuing at the current time..

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

#5 Greg Warnes

Greg Warnes

Zedling

• Moderators
  • 4,290 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 April 2018 - 08:17 AM

The 350z did/does this.

The three rotary switch's for the aircon are connected via a ribbon cable to a small amplifier box behind the centre console, if the ribbon cable is not fully connected all sorts of strange things happen. Quite common following aftermarket stereo installations.

Items 15 & 16 here:

https://www.courtesy...and-gauges-scat

• Paul_S likes this

If you cant explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

#6 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 15,629 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 April 2018 - 08:25 AM

...When I talked to the dealer about it at service time, it was not able to be replicated (not surprisingly) and no fault codes shown in logs...

May be an idea to video it next time it happens?  It's one of those problems the dealer will never be able to replicate. If you've got video evidence they surely have to do something about it?

• Paul_S likes this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

#7 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,427 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 April 2018 - 08:46 AM

That's a good idea. Thanks.

Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress

#8 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,427 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:39 PM

Well beggar me - car did it this morning upon leaving Wickes. Stayed like it for two power off cycles. Left it for half an hour, and then came back and all ok.

I did video it Chubbs, so now booked in for investigation next Weds (3-year warranty expires 29th April!)...

• Chubbs and Paul_S like this