#1 davebr1963

davebr1963

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:52 PM

Hi there,

Took my 2007 350z out at the weekend (first time in ages!) and after about 10 miles or so, the exhaust got louder like it's blowing. Tried to take a look but couldn't see where it was blowing from - did check the exhaust isn't falling off!!

The exhaust is standard currently.

So before I go into a local exhaust dealer - if there's a better exhaust to the standard one or particular type/brand that Zed owners have used, could some one let me know please?

I'm not looking to scare old ladies with the noise as I go down the street nor am I looking to frighten my insurance company with blistering performance gains.

I see talk of Stainless steel exhausts and different configurations but i'm just looking for a good solid replacement - if Stainless steel is the way forward, then fine but the prices look horrendous! And for what gain?

Anyway, as you can probably tell, i'm not techy but I love my zed and obviously want the best "standardish" replacement - or at least want to be able to ask about options in the exhaust place when I visit.

Should I even visit a local exhaust dealer?

Any information gratefully received.

Thanks

Dave

#2 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,238 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:58 PM

If it's blowing from the area of the back box it may be possible to get it welded far more cheaply than buying a new back box. I did.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#3 Greg Warnes

Greg Warnes

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 4,329 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:15 PM

As Chubbs has mentioned it's cheaper to repair as long as the rest of the exhaust system is intact.

Common place for the exhaust to blow is where the back box meets the centre pipe.

Loads of replacement exhausts available, Milltek, Invidia, cobra sport and Scorpion all make reasonably priced systems

If you cant explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

#4 davebr1963

davebr1963

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:38 PM

Thanks Guys, I'll see what the local exhaust people say is wrong and take it from there.

Thanks for your speedy replies, very much appreciated!

:D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: exhaust, 350z