5 replies to this topic

#1 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,064 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:39 AM

I started using Event Tyres way back in 2006 - I had used them for nearly all tyres since then for both cars.  Found they were great, looked after the alloys and were reliable.  However, last time I went to buy my postcode was no longer supported and went with another company (who now seem to have nearly no tyres for the nismo listed).  I am now looking at tyesonthedrive

https://www.tyresonthedrive.com/

Anyone had an experience of these guys, they seem to have a good range of tyres available.  But I have no experience of them.

Its such a shame about Event Tyres they were a really good outfit - I even recommended them to other people.  I don't need tyres for a while but when I do I would like to know the best options for come out and fit.

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate)

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Check out our -  2014, 2015 & 2016 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Drive Tribe

#2 Wayne370Z

Wayne370Z

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:34 PM

I started using Event Tyres way back in 2006 - I had used them for nearly all tyres since then for both cars.  Found they were great, looked after the alloys and were reliable.  However, last time I went to buy my postcode was no longer supported and went with another company (who now seem to have nearly no tyres for the nismo listed).  I am now looking at tyesonthedrive

Anyone had an experience of these guys, they seem to have a good ranger of tyres available.  But I have no experience of them.

Its such a shame about Event Tyres they were a really good outfit - I even recommended them to other people.  I don't need tyres for a while but when I do I would like to know the best options for come out and fit.

I used TyresOnTheDrive last year for 4 new tyres on the Zed and found the service was great.

I was a bit dubious at first having always gone to a local place where I had been going for years before we moved but now I didn`t know anywhere really around Lincoln so decided to try a fitting at home service.

Prices seemed okay compared to others on the internet, although, I didn`t price them up at local tyre fitters.

Booked the appointment for a convenient time/day and the chap turned up and fitted all 4 on the driveway with no dramas or problems or marks on the wheels or anything.

I guess it`s down to the fitter who covers your area though as to how good a job they do on the day.

• Chubbs, LESmo and Paul_S like this

Wayne.         2013 370Z GT Edition Storm White

#3 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,663 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:12 AM

FWIW.. I've totally changed the way I get new tyres fitted. I used to go to a very reliable tyre shop near Reading but since moving West I've had to look for alternatives. And as you may know I've had wheels re-finished down here, a set for the Z and two for the R. When they did the R we were discussing it needing new tyres and they said they'd be happy to do them and would I like a price. Quote for 4 was within £50 of my old local shop so I told them to go ahead. This was particularly useful as run-flats can be a b*gger to fit and I have previously had wheel rims damaged by tyre fitters, even with the best of equipment to hand.

So next time the Z needs a set (wont be long now) my first port of call will be the wheel refinishers. At least I know they care about not damaging the rims!

• Chubbs, LESmo and Paul_S like this
62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

#4 John_K

John_K

Zedlet

• Moderators
  • 697 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:49 PM

Les

I've used these before, and had no complaints

https://www.ecotyre-services.co.uk/

I'm sure you could drive to somewhere convenient to meet

J
  • LESmo likes this
Black Pearl 2010 370Z Auto GT Pack Connect Premium - 'Cool Dad'<br>EBC Ultimax (slotted) front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads

#5 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,064 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:41 PM

Thanks guys, I prefer the mobile fitters you can stand and watch over them,  I find handing them a drink at the start and saying "Oh just so I don't forget" sets a contract from the start that they know you want the Rims looked after :lol:

I will check out all the options, thanks for the useful feedback guys :thumbs:

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate)

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Check out our -  2014, 2015 & 2016 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Drive Tribe

#6 Ste_ac

Ste_ac

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:22 PM

Anyone had an experience of these guys, they seem to have a good range of tyres available.  But I have no experience of them.

The last time I used Event Tyres about 18 months ago, the fitter told me they were being bought out by The AA.