8 replies to this topic

#1 Nugget

Nugget

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:37 PM

My 2011 roadster came with a Fast Intentions exhaust system on it which I'm told is about 1 year old.
I like the look of the FI set and mostly enjoy the sound especially on a longer journey, but there are times when I would prefer to have a standard system.
I am looking to change to a standard exhaust system.
Does anyone want to swap?
Does anyone that has a modified system still have the original that I could buy?
Any recommendations where I could get a standard system? Other than Nissan

#2 ProfessorZ

ProfessorZ

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:01 PM

I drive a 2011 Z and have a Milltek exhaust fitted and have the standard exhaust in the shed.

I don't know what the standard exhaust is worth? 

I live in Weston super mare.  Don't know how far away you live.

Edited by ProfessorZ, 16 May 2018 - 06:02 PM.

#3 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 32,558 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:15 PM

To be honest, the standard exhaust has very little value at all.  I know Jeff tried to give one away and ended up scrapping it.

I think, given a little time, the back boxes will be worth something because they fail on the welds and people will start needing them.

• Chubbs likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

#4 Dave G

Dave G

Zedlet

• Members (10)
  • 268 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:16 PM

Hi Nugget

An interesting direction to take, most can't wait to put something 'louder' on the 370Z!  Me included.  I have a 2014 coupe with a standard exhaust and I am looking to change to an aftermarket cat back exhaust system at some point in the future.  So, I could be interested in a swap if 2011 and 2014 systems are compatible?

Before we get too far though. where about are you based?  Also, (and apologies for the very subjective question) but does the exhaust 'rasp' at higher revs?  I was planning on getting an Invidia Genini CBE as from all the research I have done, they do not rasp (if you've ever heard a Mercedes Black V8, that the kind of deep sound I am after, not an F1 style rasp).  Thoughts?

Can anyone else comment who has either an Fast Intentions or Invidia Gemini?

Dave

#5 Daz JDM

Daz JDM

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:59 PM

https://www.ebay.co....rkAAOSwy~BaRjEE

£80... bargain :-)

#6 Jeff-W

Jeff-W

OCDT

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,827 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:29 PM

Dave, there are quite a few Invidia Geminae out here on the forum. I have had one on my last 2 370s. They do not rasp - they growl loudly under right foot pressure, and recede to a pleasant burble at motorway cruise speeds. Audible - yes, but intrusive in the cruise - no. Many, many fitted by Club members. Current cost is about £1250 and available from traders on here.

If you search through all forums on here for Gemini, you will see that there is almost universal praise, except from those who wish for even louder!

Jeff.

Fred I - 350Z 2007 Gunmetal. 6 CD changer, full leather, reverse sensors. SOLD.
Fred II - 370Z GT 2011 Gunmetal. Premium connect. GT spec. Seriously un-modified. See-through windows, and a wheel at each corner. Sold 13 July 14. Gone.
Fred III - 2014 facelift 370GT. Magma red. Reversing sensors. Invidia Gemini CBE. Sold 2 April 2016.
Fred IV - 2016 Daytona Blue 370Z GT. Reversing sensors. K & N panel filters. Invidia Gemini CBE.

#7 mattross1313

mattross1313

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:06 PM

Shameless plug - but I have a Berk Technology system for sale. Super rare in the UK. Sensible volume when desired, but opens up nicely when you press the loud pedal.

• Paul_S likes this

#8 Dave G

Dave G

Zedlet

• Members (10)
  • 268 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 12:02 PM

Dave, there are quite a few Invidia Geminae out here on the forum. I have had one on my last 2 370s. They do not rasp - they growl loudly under right foot pressure, and recede to a pleasant burble at motorway cruise speeds. Audible - yes, but intrusive in the cruise - no. Many, many fitted by Club members. Current cost is about £1250 and available from traders on here.

If you search through all forums on here for Gemini, you will see that there is almost universal praise, except from those who wish for even louder!

Jeff.

Jeff, thanks for your feedback on the Gemini.   :D   It confirms my Youtube research!  This is exactly the sort of aftermarket exhaust I want.  I had a Scorpion system fitted to my 350Z and when under load it rasped.  Nothing wrong with it I'm sure, it just wasn't the sound I was after.

Nugget, apologies if I misled, but I will save my pennies up for an Invidia system.  Good luck with you search, I'm sure there will be someone along soon with a standard system just taking up room that they want to get rid of.

Shameless plug - but I have a Berk Technology system for sale. Super rare in the UK. Sensible volume when desired, but opens up nicely when you press the loud pedal.

Hi Mattross - nothing wrong with a shameless plug!  I think I'm heading for an Infinity Gemini system.  Plus, not saved up yet (still feeling the dent from the car purchase!).  Good luck with the sale...

#9 Medium

Medium

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 07:47 PM

If you're anywhere near Warrington (or prepared to travel...) you can have my stock system for free  :thumbs: 

• Chubbs, Paul_S, A Pair Of Flabby Wings and 1 other like this