Posted Image

Photo

The nissansportz Summer Event 2018 (a Subsidised Members-Only Event)

EVENTS 2018

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#1 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,522 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 June 2018 - 02:10 PM

To all our paying Members - here's an event just for you! :bounce:

The Committee would like to invite you to a weekend away including a subsidised karting event.  It works like this:

Friday 13th July

If you want to start the weekend event early then book yourself into this Premier Inn and join us for an evening meal.

MILWAY%202.jpg

MILWAY%20(2).jpg

At the time of posting the 'saver' price is £47.50 and there is a £5 parking charge.  Breakfast is extra.

Saturday 14th July

Starting at the Premier Inn we will take a drive out and then have lunch before the main event.

The main event is karting at Formula Fast in Milton Keynes starting at 16:00.  We have reserved seats for 10 drivers so get your name on the list now.  We have 10 laps of qualifying followed by a 20 minute race.  The £35 cost will be paid by the club! :)  There is an additional £2 balaclava charge if you don't have one of your own to bring along :ninja:

grand-prix-event-box-header-1-368x245.jp

track5inc3d.jpg

That evening we will be staying at the De Vere Horwood Estate and we have reserved rooms at a special rate of £80 B&B (based on 2 people sharing a room).

We have a meal booked for 19:15 in the restaurant (menu attached - we need your choices by Friday 29th June)  :gathering:

Attached File  nissansportz Summer Event Restaurant Menu.pdf   56.11KB   61 downloads

122386768.jpg

If you do not want to take part in the karting then you can either be a spectator or we can drop you off at the hotel so you can make use of the pool and spa facilities there.  Paid up Members who do not take part in the karting will receive £35 towards their stay at the hotel.  All guests can make full use of the facilities on offer.

122387588.jpg

Sunday 15th July

After breakfast we'll head home so people will be back in time to catch up with various sporting events.

If you are familiar with the area then feel free to suggest some activities for Saturday and Sunday morning and some good places to have lunch.

So, get your name on the list and state if you want to drive in the karting and if you need a room at the Saturday night hotel :)

Even if you aren't available for the whole weekend then it would great if you could come along for part of it  :group:

Edited by LESmo, 28 July 2018 - 02:33 PM.
Nothing whatsoever to do with a typo

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#2 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,522 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 June 2018 - 04:53 PM

Remember, this event is only open to paid up 'Members'.  If you wish to join then details can be found here :)

Attendees list

1. Paul_S & Sarah - Fri / Paul karting (Sarah enjoying the hotel) / Sat night
  2. Chubbs (karting only)
  3. Lesmo & Cazza (Hotel) - Sat night
  4. Sean & Cathy - Fri / Sean karting (Cathy at the hotel) / Sat night
  5. Gav C - Fri / karting
  6. Bikeracer1098 - karting only
  7. Sprucey01 - karting and maybe a little drive out

Edited by Paul_S, 10 July 2018 - 08:27 PM.

#3 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,305 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 June 2018 - 04:59 PM

May I sign up for just the karting? (is there a typo on the 'sign-up' date for food requests? Should it be June, not July?)

• Paul_S likes this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#4 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,522 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 June 2018 - 05:04 PM

May I sign up for just the karting? (is there a typo on the 'sign-up' date for food requests? Should it be June, not July?)

You can indeed sir! :)

(what typo? :whistle:)

• Chubbs likes this

#5 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,305 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 June 2018 - 05:58 PM

You can indeed sir! :)

(what typo? :whistle:)

Thanks & apologies - I didn't realise you could eat your meal a couple of weeks before you choose it, these days. That's technology for you.

(Not wanting to tread on anyone's toes, I'm already starting to wonder if I can organise a convoy of anyone else going up on the Saturday - meet for breakfast at the Silver Ball Cafe, then pootle on up to Milton Keynes).

• Paul_S likes this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#6 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,522 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 June 2018 - 06:11 PM

Yes, by all means start up a convoy thread :thumbs:

#7 Neutreus

Neutreus

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 2,514 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 June 2018 - 06:54 PM

Oh man, that's seriously bad timing sadly. It's RAF Fairford that weekend and being the 100th Anniversary of the RAF, I couldn't miss that so we bought tickets last year.  :plane:

2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - Optional extras: Dynamic pack, black styling pack, Audi sound system, cruise control, reversing camera, advanced key, electric folding body coloured mirrors, electrically adjustable lumbar support and non smokers pack.
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition (manual) - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers, Black 'Z' badges, removal of GT Edition stripes - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

#8 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,522 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:04 PM

That's a downer.  It sounds like you'll be having fun though!

#9 ChasGFL

ChasGFL

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 June 2018 - 08:15 PM

Great job in organising this, looks fantastic, but unfortunately I'll be at 2000 Trees that weekend, so close to home too.

#10 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,523 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 June 2018 - 08:32 PM

We will join you all for the Saturday Afternoon and until Sunday Morning.  Looking forward too it.

• Paul_S likes this

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

sml_gallery_123_431_228285.png

#11 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,522 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:56 PM

Great job in organising this, looks fantastic, but unfortunately I'll be at 2000 Trees that weekend, so close to home too.

That's a shame mate, it would have been good to catch up with you both again.

We will join you all for the Saturday Afternoon and until Sunday Morning.  Looking forward too it.

Nice one, will you meet us at the karting or the hotel?

#12 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,523 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 June 2018 - 10:32 PM

Likely at the Hotel Paul.  We may get there in time to watch the Karting but I suspect it will be hotel

• Paul_S likes this

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

sml_gallery_123_431_228285.png

#13 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,815 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:42 AM

I shall do my best to attend part or even all of this. Just need to sort my calendar as there is something else in for Saturday at the mo....

• Paul_S likes this
62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

#14 ChasGFL

ChasGFL

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 June 2018 - 09:34 AM

Now I've got over my initial disappointment I realise I can join you for Sunday lunch at least on my way home. As this is on my doorstep here's a few things you may want to consider:

It might be a bit leftfield but for something cheap and cheerful Abbey Hill Golf Centre (http://abbeyhillgc.co.uk) have a really good pirate themed crazy golf course, they do discounts for group bookings too, Dedicated website: https://mrmulligan.com/milton-keynes/

Abbey Hill also do footgolf if you want something a bit more energetic.

As well as the expected watersports, Willen Lake itself also run a few other activities, including a Go Ape style aerial assault course/high rope thing, not that you'd catch me anywhere near it. https://willenlake.org.uk

There's also Xscape next to the shopping centre, with various activities and eating places. https://xscapemiltonkeynes.co.uk

There's also a really good world buffet place within walking distance of Xscape: http://www.mkbuffetvillage.co.uk

Or for a complete change of pace there's the quaint market town of Olney just up the road (famous for its pancake races held along the high street on Shrove Tuesdays), including a nice straight stretch of dual carriageway along the A509 leading out of MK up the hill towards Sherington where your car can really stretch it's legs if you feel so inclined (allegedly ;)). Can't tell you much about the eating establishments (although there's a really good chippy in the high street) but plenty of pubs so with a bit of googling I'm sure you'd find something.

http://www.olney.co.uk

• Paul_S, A Pair Of Flabby Wings and vjordon like this

#15 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,522 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:36 AM

I shall do my best to attend part or even all of this. Just need to sort my calendar as there is something else in for Saturday at the mo....

Fingers crossed John :)

#16 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,522 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:38 AM

Now I've got over my initial disappointment I realise I can join you for Sunday lunch at least on my way home. As this is on my doorstep here's a few things you may want to consider:

It might be a bit leftfield but for something cheap and cheerful Abbey Hill Golf Centre (http://abbeyhillgc.co.uk) have a really good pirate themed crazy golf course, they do discounts for group bookings too, Dedicated website: https://mrmulligan.com/milton-keynes/

As well as the expected watersports, Willen Lake itself also run a few other activities, including a Go Ape style aerial assault course/high rope thing, not that you'd catch me anywhere near it. https://willenlake.org.uk

There's also Xscape next to the shopping centre, with various activities and eating places. https://xscapemiltonkeynes.co.uk

There's also a really good world buffet place within walking distance of Xscape: http://www.mkbuffetvillage.co.uk

Or for a complete change of pace there's the quaint market town of Olney just up the road (famous for its pancake races held along the high street on Shrove Tuesdays), including a nice straight stretch of dual carriageway along the A509 leading out of MK up the hill towards Sherington where your car can really stretch it's legs if you feel so inclined (allegedly ;)). Can't tell you much about the eating establishments (although there's a really good chippy in the high street) but plenty of pubs so with a bit of googling I'm sure you'd find something.

That's brilliant.  Thanks for the suggestions!

What do people fancy doing? :bounce:

It would be good if you could make it Sunday lunchtime :)

#17 paul_k

paul_k

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 5,874 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:07 PM

Sally will be doing a loop the loop Wing walk for her birthday at exactly the go karting time so can’t make it unfortunately
2016 GT-R Recaro Black. A younger model is not necessarily better...

No 1 GT-R Black Black from Marshalls. Helmet signed by Mizuno...
Paul_S Reversing Camera - Sold.

Sept 01 2004 Z GT gunmetal Alezan gone but not forgotten

#18 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,674 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:12 PM

I'm planning to be around from late Saturday morning, so I should be joining you for lunch.  We can sort out where and when much nearer the time.

Otherwise, I'm not bothered about the karting, but I will probably watch, and will be around until more or less the bitter end.  :thumbs: 

2007 350Z (my second Zed) - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Better gearbox though.

#19 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,674 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:15 PM

That's brilliant.  Thanks for the suggestions!

What do people fancy doing? :bounce:

It would be good if you could make it Sunday lunchtime :)

Ditto.  I quite fancy the golf - something easy going after the karting - and then the Xscape for something to eat.

2007 350Z (my second Zed) - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Better gearbox though.

#20 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,305 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 June 2018 - 07:57 AM

Looks like it's just two of us for the free karting so far.

I'll probably come second :happy2: :#2:

• Paul_S and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: EVENTS 2018