Posted Image

Photo

Invidia Gemini vs Invidia Q300tl exhausts...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 15,973 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:47 PM

I emailed Invidia's European distributor to see if they could explain the difference between the two exhausts (the older Gemini and the newer Q300tl) and this is their reply:

"In regards to your questions, it is only the rear muffler that differs , the Q300 is a little more quiet then the Gemini , that said we only carry the Gemini in stock as that outsells the Q300 10 to 1."

The reply doesn't surprise me, as that's exactly what it looks like when you compare pictures of the two systems. So I suppose you pays yer money and you takes yer choice. Therefore I've ordered the Gemini (found a place in Scotland that delivers them for £992 - They import them from America. I'll let you know what they're like as a company when the part arrives - http://www.funkypower.com/index.php/).

• Paul_S and Gav C like this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

#2 milanored

milanored

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:58 PM

That is a good price a canny shopper I paid about that over a year ago and tarmac are about £1100 now I think. Learn from my mistake and check the serial number on the box to the invoice before you go to far. They sent me the 350z gemini in error very similar in looks etc but of course don't fit and I had to send it back I real pain
  • Chubbs likes this

#3 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 15,973 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:59 PM

Learn from my mistake and check the serial number on the box to the invoice before you go to far.

Absolutely - I shall do. Thanks for the reminder.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

#4 moonshine

moonshine

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:55 PM

you wont be disapointed with the gemini , looks and sounds great

• Gav C likes this

#5 Jeff-W

Jeff-W

OCDT

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:19 AM

you wont be disapointed with the gemini , looks and sounds great

Wot Moonshine says above, Geoff. Now I’ve moved house I have a new set of neighbours to wake up on a winter’s morning with the Gemini.
  • Chubbs likes this
Fred I - 350Z 2007 Gunmetal. 6 CD changer, full leather, reverse sensors. SOLD.
Fred II - 370Z GT 2011 Gunmetal. Premium connect. GT spec. Seriously un-modified. See-through windows, and a wheel at each corner. Sold 13 July 14. Gone.
Fred III - 2014 facelift 370GT. Magma red. Reversing sensors. Invidia Gemini CBE. Sold 2 April 2016.
Fred IV - 2016 Daytona Blue 370Z GT. Reversing sensors. K & N panel filters. Invidia Gemini CBE.

#6 Dave G

Dave G

Zedlet

• Members (10)
  • 282 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:53 AM

Nice on Chubbs!  Thanks for sharing the information.  :clapping:  Knowing this information I too plan on a Gemini soon, just need to find some spare cash!  Do please let us know on your thoughts on the supplier once you have formed them!

• Chubbs likes this

#7 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 32,933 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:39 PM

I've purchased some stuff from Funky Power in the past and they good to deal with.

It's good to hear you're finallly upgrading Geoff!
  • Chubbs likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#8 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 15,973 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:32 PM

I've purchased some stuff from Funky Power in the past and they good to deal with.

It's good to hear you're finallly upgrading Geoff!

That's reassuring, thanks Paul. As for 'finally upgrading' - yes - I couldn't hold out any longer. The car's just too d*mn quiet! I need to get back to a good old 350z-type growl - I miss it so much.

Anyone got any tips for when the mechanic fits the exhaust. I know one or two bolts might be rusted on, but is there anything else I should know about the fitting procedure?

• Paul_S likes this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

#9 milanored

milanored

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:39 PM

I wanted mine to look as much like the original as possible when I got it back the tips were sticking out to far which I don't like so I took them off to push back the right one the bend stops you going back as much as you would like and I failed, but on MOD day chilli husband sorted it straight out. Just me being useless with mechanics. Useless post really sorry

That's reassuring, thanks Paul. As for 'finally upgrading' - yes - I couldn't hold out any longer. The car's just too d*mn quiet! I need to get back to a good old 350z-type growl - I miss it so much.

Anyone got any tips for when the mechanic fits the exhaust. I know one or two bolts might be rusted on, but is there anything else I should know about the fitting procedure?

• Chubbs and Paul_S like this

#10 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 32,933 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:34 PM

I made a post in the garage area when I fitted mine. It's pretty straight forward (other than the rusty nuts and bolts). I needed to bend the heat shield a little for one of the final pipes as I recall.
  • Chubbs likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#11 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 15,973 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:21 PM

I made a post in the garage area when I fitted mine. It's pretty straight forward (other than the rusty nuts and bolts). I needed to bend the heat shield a little for one of the final pipes as I recall.

Here's a link to your thread on the subject of fitting the system, for anyone getting one in the near future - http://forums.nissan...invidia +gemini

...now I'm off to read it.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg