As you may know, I have been playing with in car PCs and Android tablets for quite a while now. They've never quite worked out for me because the final integration with the car wasn't quite there.
Head units seemed to have caught up with what I was trying to achieve recently so I decided to invest in a cheap-ish Android one and I fitted it last weekend. I'll go into detail about the ins and outs / pros and cons of the unit and how I fit it, but for now here are a few pics in the mean time:
It has a 10.1" screen and I think these pictures make it look more 'stuck on' than it does when you're actually in the car.
I've removed the original head unit but I need to keep the old face plate for a while because I still need the A/C controls. That will hopefully change at some point. It's early days and still in the 'proof of concept' stage.
There are quite a few things I need to iron out, but so far, pretty good.