• Chubbs likes this

#2 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,294 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:29 PM

Lovely looking car, but 340bhp is at least 60-100bhp too little, even for starters.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#3 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,668 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:33 PM

I know what you mean, but it depends how it puts it down.  From the sound of it it puts it down quite well. And we all know that horsepower figures are just for pub bragging rights, and it's a long time since Toyota worried about that*.

*Well, around about the Supra Mk IV. :lol:

2007 350Z (my second Zed) - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Better gearbox though.

#4 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,668 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 05:43 PM

Good news: https://www.pistonhe...n-the-way/38807 .  No, make that very (ad infinitum) good news . . .  Talk about an early birthday present. :lol:

I'm not overly surprised considering the premium that Mk.IV (and older) Supras carry nowadays, and the fact that some of them still go to Toyota garages for servicing - I've seen a few service books of those for sale over the last few years that have had twenty or more Toyota stamps in them . . .

2007 350Z (my second Zed) - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Better gearbox though.

#5 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,512 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:24 PM

Good news.  Is this prototype testing dragging on somewhat?

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings likes this

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

sml_gallery_123_431_228285.png

#6 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,668 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:00 PM

Perhaps, but if it's perfect from day one that'll be a first for this type of car.  If it is - if it doesn't use any oil, if it doesn't quickly overheat its diff, if its CD player doesn't skip when its cool and damp, if the gearbox isn't so intransigent when cold, if the rear lights don't mist up, etc, etc* - won't it be worth the wait.  And I hope Toyota get the credit for holding it back until it was perfect.

*More modern-era Japanese coupe teething troubles may be added here . . .

#7 Neutreus

Neutreus

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 2,514 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:55 PM

So has anyone put a deposit down then ..............

https://www.toyota.c...FUQ10wod5EEGSg#

2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - Optional extras: Dynamic pack, black styling pack, Audi sound system, cruise control, reversing camera, advanced key, electric folding body coloured mirrors, electrically adjustable lumbar support and non smokers pack.
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition (manual) - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers, Black 'Z' badges, removal of GT Edition stripes - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

#8 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,294 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:33 PM

Screenshot 2018-11-09 at 17.25.43.png

You know, if it looked like the concept (above) even at £50k it would be tempting, despite the lack of power. Sadly, from what I can make out it will be a great deal more mundane-looking than that so, to coin a phrase, I'm out.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#9 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,512 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:39 PM

You mean this mate. 

Attached Thumbnails

• toyota-concept-cars-overview-ft1-2014-article-gallery_tcm-11-123891.jpg

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

#10 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,294 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:45 PM

Nope. I prefer the grey, but thanks anyway.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#11 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,512 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:57 PM

So has anyone put a deposit down then ..............

https://www.toyota.c...FUQ10wod5EEGSg#

£1k refundable deposit.  I guess its worth a punt for someone.  Have you put one down mate?

#12 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,512 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:59 PM

It was a 2014 prototype which I think everyone hoped was the Supra - but alas...

#13 paul_k

paul_k

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 5,874 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:21 PM

I need to see the car uncamouflaged before making my mind up.
I think the engine has far less lag than the GTR and at 390 Lbft of torque will demolish a 370z.
Am disappointed it does not have a twin clutch gearbox but like the track focused design.
I don’t think the price has been stated yet.
2016 GT-R Recaro Black. A younger model is not necessarily better...

No 1 GT-R Black Black from Marshalls. Helmet signed by Mizuno...
Paul_S Reversing Camera - Sold.

Sept 01 2004 Z GT gunmetal Alezan gone but not forgotten

#14 Neutreus

Neutreus

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 2,514 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:38 PM

£1k refundable deposit.  I guess its worth a punt for someone.  Have you put one down mate?

I'm interested to see what it's like but I'm not one to put down a deposit without at the very least seeing what it's like uncamouflaged and knowing the price. If I'm honest I was also hoping it would be closer to 400bhp (as I still am the new Zed when it's announced in 23 years time). However, you know the aftermarket will undoubtedly love this car, so there is potential.

My eyes are elsewhere for next year however so we'll see what develops in the meantime.

PS. I'm looking at a potential new car option (for next year) tomorrow to see what it's like and whether it fits in my garage! Still may keep the RS3 and fettle with it yet - who knows!

• Chubbs, LESmo and Paul_S like this
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - Optional extras: Dynamic pack, black styling pack, Audi sound system, cruise control, reversing camera, advanced key, electric folding body coloured mirrors, electrically adjustable lumbar support and non smokers pack.
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition (manual) - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers, Black 'Z' badges, removal of GT Edition stripes - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

#15 milanored

milanored

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:35 PM

So £1000 deposit are they doing a limit run so we need to worry about not getting one.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

#16 fastfu

fastfu

Zedlister

• User (10)
  • 94 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:52 PM

I hate the very concept of the car. The mark iv is a legend, massively over engineered in Toyota's heyday but this attempt is nothing but a rebadged bmw..It even looks like a z4 coupe.

#17 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,668 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:03 PM

I love it, and I generally still attend the old school.  I've already offered my local dealership first refusal on any single bodily organ as a deposit.

That said, I also added that if they could get hold of a 2000GT for me they could have first refusal on the every part of me.

#18 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,294 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 November 2018 - 09:16 AM

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2018-11-09 at 17.25.43.png

You know, if it looked like the concept (above) even at £50k it would be tempting, despite the lack of power. Sadly, from what I can make out it will be a great deal more mundane-looking than that so, to coin a phrase, I'm out.

You mean this mate. 

It was a 2014 prototype which I think everyone hoped was the Supra - but alas...

Whoretastic, mate!

Les, your posting is reaching new heights of ultramegawhoreism. Keep it up! :)

(pots/kettles/black - I know, I know)

• LESmo and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B