• Chubbs likes this

#2 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,169 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:29 PM

Lovely looking car, but 340bhp is at least 60-100bhp too little, even for starters.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

Most cars are A to B. Mine is A to Z.

#3 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,501 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:33 PM

I know what you mean, but it depends how it puts it down.  From the sound of it it puts it down quite well. And we all know that horsepower figures are just for pub bragging rights, and it's a long time since Toyota worried about that*.

*Well, around about the Supra Mk IV. :lol:

2007 350Z - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2004 Yaris 1.3 - It takes a little longer, but you'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.

#4 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,501 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 05:43 PM

Good news: https://www.pistonhe...n-the-way/38807 .  No, make that very (ad infinitum) good news . . .  Talk about an early birthday present. :lol:

I'm not overly surprised considering the premium that Mk.IV (and older) Supras carry nowadays, and the fact that some of them still go to Toyota garages for servicing - I've seen a few service books of those for sale over the last few years that have had twenty or more Toyota stamps in them . . .

2007 350Z - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2004 Yaris 1.3 - It takes a little longer, but you'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.

#5 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,338 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:24 PM

Good news.  Is this prototype testing dragging on somewhat?

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings likes this

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

sml_gallery_123_431_228285.png

#6 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,501 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:00 PM

Perhaps, but if it's perfect from day one that'll be a first for this type of car.  If it is - if it doesn't use any oil, if it doesn't quickly overheat its diff, if its CD player doesn't skip when its cool and damp, if the gearbox isn't so intransigent when cold, if the rear lights don't mist up, etc, etc* - won't it be worth the wait.  And I hope Toyota get the credit for holding it back until it was perfect.

*More modern-era Japanese coupe teething troubles may be added here . . .