Posted Image

Photo

Silverstone Classic 2019 - 26th July - 28th July 2019 (Club Code: CCD00142019) - Up to 50% Refund To Members

EVENTS 2019

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
254 replies to this topic

#41 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,718 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 November 2018 - 12:39 pm

If you can get more than 2 people in a Z .....Your a legend ! lmao  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_300ZX   :whistle:

• Paul_S and Matty Bacon like this

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Current - 2020 (20) Juke Tekna Plus, Gun Metal Grey/Red Contrast, DCT Gearbox, Clever Little Commuter Car

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

#42 Neutreus

Neutreus

Events Organiser

• Committee Member (10)
  • 3,029 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:00 pm

Quick question re the tickets but on page 1 it states:

Club code to enter is CCD00142019

You have entered the code for Classic Z Register. Please note that your vehicle pass will only be valid for a vehicle registered with Classic Z Register and with the registration number you enter with this booking.

Does this mean that I must be in a Zed to use this code?? Might be a stupid question but I'd rather clarify before I shell out the cash. I assume it just means that the car reg I register under that code is the one I must show up in irrespective of make. 

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

#43 Matty Bacon

Matty Bacon

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 November 2018 - 10:17 pm

Ah you found one  B)  lol

• LESmo likes this
rps20160708_212316_zpsrvfbbpr8.jpg

When I'm not cycling, I'm at a club meet !

#44 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,718 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:02 am

Quick question re the tickets but on page 1 it states:

Club code to enter is CCD00142019

You have entered the code for Classic Z Register. Please note that your vehicle pass will only be valid for a vehicle registered with Classic Z Register and with the registration number you enter with this booking.

Does this mean that I must be in a Zed to use this code?? Might be a stupid question but I'd rather clarify before I shell out the cash. I assume it just means that the car reg I register under that code is the one I must show up in irrespective of make. 

When I spoke to Steve a couple of days ago he said he took two people carriers onto the stand this year and there were not even Nissan.  They don't police it to that degree - as they don't know what each club includes for instance we include GTR and Infiniti - some clubs will be everything (we used to see that at Duxford).  Clearly any parade lap can only include Zeds - but that would be it.  Everything else will be fine.   You can change the make, model and registration prior to the event (I think end of May).  Steve said he just put in a reg he used to own.  Then said when he got to the gate as it wasn't a Nissan it had broken down.

• Paul_S, Chilli Red and Neutreus like this

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Current - 2020 (20) Juke Tekna Plus, Gun Metal Grey/Red Contrast, DCT Gearbox, Clever Little Commuter Car

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

#45 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,718 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 November 2018 - 12:57 pm

4121df38d8d2ed90001c639d3694fe2e.jpg

Who’s coming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Paul_S and Cazza like this

#46 blobbish

blobbish

Club IT

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 November 2018 - 01:21 pm

Me - Paid.    :thumbsup:

• LESmo likes this

Current - 2009 GTR Premium, Stage 2
Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

#47 nacnud

nacnud

International Zedlister

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 548 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 November 2018 - 09:03 pm

Just booked our tickets

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk
  • LESmo and blobbish like this
John D. B) 

#48 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,718 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 November 2018 - 04:43 pm

Latest Update:

THREE...TWO...ONE!

For the first time in its 29 year history, next summer’s Silverstone Classic will feature dedicated retro races for Formula 1, Formula 2 and Formula 3 creating our first ever international single-seater showcase. Never before has the packed programme included dedicated races for Formula 2 cars, while the ever-evocative Classic Formula 3 series returns for the first time since 2014!

The milestone F1, F2 and F3 action will take place across all three days with qualifying on Friday and a race for each grid on both Saturday and Sunday. Read more about this exciting announcement
here. We hope you’re looking forward to next summer’s Classic as much as we are!

And if you’re thinking about a festive upgrade treat, don’t forget you have until the end of December to take advantage of our best available prices on a range of special add-on packages - see below.

Please note: Our dates are still provisional but will be confirmed next week. We'll be back in touch then to let you know that dates are firm.

Three, two, one: the winning formula at the Classic!
__1440x9999.F3-FOR-NEWS-PAGE.jpg

For the first time in its glorious 29 year history, next summer’s Silverstone Classic will feature dedicated retro races for Formula 1, Formula 2 and Formula 3 thus creating the festival’s first ever international single-seater showcase. 

The Classic’s unrivalled race-card has always dished up crowd-pleasing Formula 1 showdowns featuring the great Grand Prix cars from much-loved past eras and in 2019, the firm favourites of FIA Masters Historic Formula One and the HGPCA (Historic Grand Prix Cars Association) will return. Never before, though, has the packed programme included dedicated races for Formula 2 cars, while the ever-evocative Classic Formula 3 series returns for the first time since 2014. 

Ensuring all the 100,000+ show-goers can savour the notable occasion, the milestone F1, F2 and F3 action will be spread across all three days with qualifying on Friday and then back-to-back races on Saturday and Sunday.

Starring a host of iconic cars as raced in period by the likes of Jochen Rindt, Ronnie Peterson, Jody Scheckter, Graham Hill and Sir Jackie Stewart, the flourishing Historic Formula 2 International Series is open to cars built between 1967 and the end of the 1978 season. 

It was a magical era when F2 was the absolute proving ground for young drivers intent on making the step into Grand Prix racing, and when it was not unusual for F1 stars to step back into F2 on their free weekends. Chassis rivalry was just as fierce, with Matra and Martini from France and Tecno from Italy against March, Brabham, Lotus and Chevron from Great Britain.

Offering fast and reasonably accessible racing, the Historic 2 Series – organised by the Historic Sports Car Club (HSCC) – is enjoying a huge revival regularly attracting grids of close to 30 cars. Now with more chassis’ being prepared and a double-header date at the Classic in prospect, the HSCC is aiming for up to 40 cars – a target, if achieved, that would be the biggest-ever Formula 2 grid.

Joining F2, and making a welcome return to the Classic, the HSCC-managed Classic F3 Championship is also targeting a massive 40 car field with competitors from the popular French Formula 3 invited too.

Entries will cover Formula 3 cars originally built and raced between 1971 and 1984 thus covering two eras with earlier 1600cc twin-cam cars joined by the later 2-litre cars that were introduced in 1974. Furthering the interest and spectacle, grids are expected to include genuine period cars as raced by drivers like Martin Brundle, Derek Warwick and Nelson Piquet on their respective ways to the top.

“Every summer we aim to enhance the established crowd-favourites with some outstanding new additions and to have Historic Formula 2 and Classic Formula 3 on the 2019 race-card for the very first time will make next year’s festival really special,” enthused Nick Wigley, Silverstone Classic CEO. 

“As everyone knows, such is the immense scale of the Classic that it also has a great history of breaking records and setting new standards, so the prospect of not only the Classic's first-ever Formula 2 grid but also quite possibly the biggest field of Formula 2 cars ever seen anywhere on the planet further fuels excitement.”

Grahame White, CEO of the HSCC is equally delighted. He said: “The chance to race at the Silverstone Classic is very special and I’m delighted that our Formula 2 and Formula 3 grids will get this opportunity next summer. I think we will be able to deliver bumper grids and tremendous racing, showcasing these categories to a huge audience.”

The special F1, F2 and F3 single-seater celebration joins those grids already confirmed for next summer’s Classic, these include the prestigious Royal Automobile Club Tourist Trophy for Pre ’63 GT Cars, the Transatlantic Trophy for Pre '66 Touring Cars, FIA Masters Historic Sportscars and the new Masters Endurance Legends. News of further exciting races will follow in the New Year.

Those buying tickets in the meantime, can take advantage of the Super Early Bird offer open until 31 December – a bonus for those seeking a special Christmas present. These offer savings of up to 22 per cent on Standard tickets.

Once again all tickets – which must be purchased in advance – will give access to both Classic racing paddocks, all open trackside grandstands, the live music concerts, air shows, fun fair rides and the vast majority of the epic family entertainment running alongside the non-stop on-track thrills.  

#49 Neutreus

Neutreus

Events Organiser

• Committee Member (10)
  • 3,029 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 December 2018 - 05:51 pm

Paid for the Saturday whilst it's still on Super Early Bird.

• LESmo likes this
2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads, Flat bottomed steering wheel
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

#50 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,963 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 December 2018 - 12:25 pm

Just bought a club ticket for the 3 days. At £99 for the 3 days it didn't make sense to go for the 'Saturday Only' option for £72.

See you all there!

• LESmo and Paul_S like this

Posted Image

A to Zee to B

#51 Neutreus

Neutreus

Events Organiser

• Committee Member (10)
  • 3,029 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 December 2018 - 07:04 pm

Just bought a club ticket for the 3 days. At £99 for the 3 days it didn't make sense to go for the 'Saturday Only' option for £72.

See you all there!

Didn't make sense for me sadly as can't make the Friday or Sunday, so no point paying £27 extra for days I can't attend  ;)  For 3 days though £99 is a bargain in comparison. Get your names down folks, this is gonna be one epic event!

• Chubbs and LESmo like this

#52 Paul_S

Paul_S

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 35,542 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:43 am

Paid :)

For 2 cars :teeth:

• Chubbs, LESmo and blobbish like this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#53 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,963 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:19 am

Paid :)

For 2 cars :teeth:

I suppose it HAD to be both, didn't it!

Are there any behind the scenes plans for convoys of Zs to Silverstone? There should be :)

• Paul_S likes this

Posted Image

A to Zee to B

#54 blobbish

blobbish

Club IT

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:12 am

Are there any behind the scenes plans for convoys of Zs to Silverstone? There should be :)

I think a little closer to the time, once we have numbers and areas of those attending.

• Neutreus likes this

Current - 2009 GTR Premium, Stage 2
Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

#55 vjordon

vjordon

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:46 pm

Dam shame i will not be able to make this event … Grrrrr as would have loved to be in a convoy   :D  :drive1

Vicky xx

• Chubbs likes this

#56 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,718 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:53 pm

med_gallery_123_535_30632.png

The Classic dates for 2019 are set in stone

Dates for Silverstone Classic 2019 have now been confirmed for the weekend of 26-28 July! The date had already been announced but remained ‘provisional’ until Formula One’s governing body, the FIA, formally ratified its 2019 calendar at yesterday’s meeting of its World Motor Sport Council in St Petersburg. This means that the Classic will take place two weeks after the British Grand Prix at Silverstone and the dates fall perfectly into the start of the school summer holiday. Read more here.

So far we've announced our brand new single-seater celebration as historic Formula One, Formula Two and Formula Three will all race at the Classic. Other grids confirmed include the the HGPCA (Historic Grand Prix Cars Association) for Pre-1966 Grand Prix Cars, the Royal Automobile Club Tourist Trophy for Historic Cars (pre-63 GT), Masters Endurance Legends, the Yokohama Trophy for FIA Masters Historic Sportscars and the Transatlantic Touring Car Trophy with more exciting news to follow in the new year. Full details of the on- and off-track family entertainment will be announced in the coming months too, so keep an eye on your inbox!

If you haven't got your tickets yet, with Christmas on the way and tickets still at our Super Early Bird prices there's literally no better time to buy. 

• Neutreus and Jeff-W like this

#57 Paul_S

Paul_S

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 35,542 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:15 pm

It did indeed!  I'm bookending Z cars :teeth:

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#58 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,718 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:41 am

Nice to use this logo now...  Provisional removed.

med_gallery_123_535_30632.png

I know it seems forever away but its one of the biggest events for Silverstone so accommodation fills up quickly.  Its worth thinking about overnight stays if you are doing multiple days, unless you plan to drive back and forth.  I would expect prices to increase for accommodation now the dates are firmed up.

We are staying at the De Vere Horwood Estate that we booked back in August - which with Breakfast worked at the time for a Deluxe Room about £100 a night for both of us - that's about 14 miles from the circuit and comes in via the Stowe end - which I hope it a bit quieter.

I just checked and they are fully booked now for the Friday Night and Saturday Night (so you have to assume Classic Car attendees) - so its best not to leave the booking too late.

• Chubbs likes this

#59 Neutreus

Neutreus

Events Organiser

• Committee Member (10)
  • 3,029 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:04 am

I did some investigating Les as we were looking to stay over Saturday night and couldn't find anything half decent within a reasonable distance. We're going to drive up and down on the day now (Mrs N can always drive back if I want a drink or two ;) )

• LESmo likes this

#60 vjordon

vjordon

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:41 pm

I did some investigating Les as we were looking to stay over Saturday night and couldn't find anything half decent within a reasonable distance. We're going to drive up and down on the day now (Mrs N can always drive back if I want a drink or two ;) )

Hi there … Have you tried Airbnb ??

If I were able to make it that is what I would have looked at as you can find some real gems.

Vicky xx 

• Chubbs and Neutreus like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: EVENTS 2019