Posted Image

Photo

What have you done for your 370z today? (2)

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,777 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 August 2018 - 11:57 AM

New thread from http://forums.nissan...-71#entry411234

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

#2 vjordon

vjordon

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 12:50 PM

Hi John ..

Not today.. but tomorrow will be wash, polish and a wax day for mine ( ok not as exciting as a new exhaust or tyres), then a trip up the A1 towards London to meet up with a friend.

Vicky xx  

• Gav C likes this

#3 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,445 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 August 2018 - 05:27 AM

So it’s been over 30k so I thought I would run a clean through the K&N filters and change the engine bay stickers out for a New set as they had been on for over 4 years.

55d3ac7bf1aa5c2add8008a1ca9430e4.jpg

10fb27a9c3f9d18aaecbdbb5dbe46498.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • A Pair Of Flabby Wings likes this

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

sml_gallery_123_431_228285.png

#4 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,445 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 August 2018 - 05:55 AM

Well After John I tried the Meguiars Plast-Rx

Unfortunately I could not get the same kit as John so it was all by hand, About 30 passes. And a good amount of elbow power this is the result nearly as good as new.

Cannot wait for the morning drivers to start flashing me

571d47c40d56fcf373806348c6b74336.jpg

45a42e5fda64eaa7608f9b1207fd1ad5.jpg

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

#5 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,445 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:26 PM

Today I GTechniq'd the Front and Side windows - I will do the rear tomorrow morning (if its not raining)

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings, Neutreus and Gav C like this

#6 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,593 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 09:19 PM

So it’s been over 30k so I thought I would run a clean through the K&N filters and change the engine bay stickers out for a New set as they had been on for over 4 years.

55d3ac7bf1aa5c2add8008a1ca9430e4.jpg

10fb27a9c3f9d18aaecbdbb5dbe46498.jpg

Looking good!  I know what I've been meaning to ask for a while: do you get a pair of the large K&N stickers (in addition to the little "Stop" sticker) with the dual filter kits? :)

• LESmo likes this
2007 350Z - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2004 Yaris 1.3 - It takes a little longer, but you'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.

#7 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,445 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:34 AM

Looking good!  I know what I've been meaning to ask for a while: do you get a pair of the large K&N stickers (in addition to the little "Stop" sticker) with the dual filter kits? :)

In each of the Filters you get a single Sticker - and a Stop Sticker.  So when you buy two you get one in each.  You can also replace them with the Sticker Pack from K&N P/No:  89-0200 - Decal Promo Pack.  Which Amazon sells or direct from K&N

#8 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,419 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 August 2018 - 11:18 AM

I fitted my refurbished steering wheel :)

gallery_245_528_30141.png

How To guide here :)

• Chubbs, lolver and ChasGFL like this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#9 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,419 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:03 PM

I also replaced the indicator stalks whilst I had the wheel off :)

gallery_245_528_71363.png

How To guide here :)

• Chubbs likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#10 lolver

lolver

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 August 2018 - 02:26 PM

Today I fitted a carbon fibre 'slam panel'. Easy to do but needed new fixers as most were broken.

The verbose eBay title for it was

Carbon Fiber Front Racing Radiator Cooling Slam Panel Protector

M1LAO_Slam Panel.jpg

• Chubbs and Paul_S like this

#11 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,777 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:01 PM

Today I fitted a carbon fibre 'slam panel'. Easy to do but needed new fixers as most were broken.

The verbose eBay title for it was

Carbon Fiber Front Racing Radiator Cooling Slam Panel Protector

attachicon.gifM1LAO_Slam Panel.jpg

Looks a lot better than the name sounds! (And a shame they cant spell fibre :-) )

• lolver likes this
62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

#12 Kev T

Kev T

Zedling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:15 PM

Like the slam panel John, what company supplied it out of curiosity ?

#13 lolver

lolver

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 August 2018 - 08:57 AM

Like the slam panel John, what company supplied it out of curiosity ?

Hi Kev that was my Zed. It was an eBay purchase from 'rejapanknight', short link to the item = http://goo.gl/UuUE8t

As usual you will need to wait a month or so for delivery.

Laurence

• Chubbs and Gav C like this

#14 Kev T

Kev T

Zedling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:28 AM

Slam panel looks great Laurence, but a bit pricey for something you will rarely see, I will have to give it some thought but thanks for sharing.

#15 Gav C

Gav C

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 08:28 AM

Hi Kev that was my Zed. It was an eBay purchase from 'rejapanknight', short link to the item = http://goo.gl/UuUE8t

As usual you will need to wait a month or so for delivery.

Laurence

I like that a lot  B)

Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev  remap 

#16 Gav C

Gav C

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 12:33 PM

New boots fitted this morning  :D

First Impressions from the short drive home is that they have a more comfortable ride than the Vredesteins and they also pick up more loose chippings judging by the racket from the rear wheel arches (Leeds City Council have just started the annual summer crap road covering with excess chippings) which should translate into more grip.

• Chubbs and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this
Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev  remap 

#17 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,593 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 09:25 PM

New boots fitted this morning  :D

First Impressions from the short drive home is that they have a more comfortable ride than the Vredesteins and they also pick up more loose chippings judging by the racket from the rear wheel arches (Leeds City Council have just started the annual summer crap road covering with excess chippings) which should translate into more grip.

Good news . . . except for the temporarily ropey road surfaces.

You'll have seen ERYC has/have done the same.  Hopefully that's it for now, and the sound of someone distantly letting off a shotgun in our rear arches subsides.

• Gav C likes this
2007 350Z - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2004 Yaris 1.3 - It takes a little longer, but you'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.

#18 Gav C

Gav C

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 11:26 PM

Good news . . . except for the temporarily ropey road surfaces.

You'll have seen ERYC has/have done the same.  Hopefully that's it for now, and the sound of someone distantly letting off a shotgun in our rear arches subsides.

Hopefully silly season has ended, they never learn, cheap resurfacing only results in having to do it all again next year and they never sort out the pot holes, just put bloody chippings over them.

• Chubbs and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

#19 Gav C

Gav C

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:40 PM

Dropped the Zed off for the MOT yesterday evening and got the phone call to say it had passed with flying colours this morning and I have just bought the oil and brake fluid ready for the next service.

• Chubbs, Paul_S and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

#20 John_K

John_K

Zedlet

• Moderators
  • 738 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 September 2018 - 10:48 AM

another successful MOT...13 months to the next due date

took the opportunity of the while you wait, to take these out;

1F401E6B-7550-4071-A590-B4F46D657993.jpeg
34E3FD6B-D1D9-43D8-AF1E-8718CDD1EBA1.jpeg

Impressions

The Nismo Recaro seats are not for me (I have a sore back at the moment). Did discuss with Dean (technician) ordering a v1 wing and attaching it to the v2! He thought it was feasible.

The GT Auto is basically my car, but 7 years and 80k miles newer. Home from home. Like the driving lights, like the red calipers, but do I prefer my wheels? (Thoughts?) and would I want another Black one?

My thanks to Norton Way for coordinating.
  • Paul_S likes this

Black Pearl 2010 (60) 370Z Auto GT Pack Connect Premium - 'Cool Dad'<br>EBC Ultimax (slotted) front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads

Storm White 2014 (64) 370Z Nismo #376