Posted Image

Photo

What have you done for your 370z today? (2)

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,515 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:59 PM

Great work Jeff :clap:

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#42 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,668 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 09:04 PM

From time to time I regularly clean the filler cap on my cars - now I know why . . . 

And jewellery in nice cars ought to be banned.  Or all rings on the left hand ought to be taped up so they don't scratch the gear knob.  And ones on the right hand taped up to save the bootlid.  Considering the state of my Zed's bootlid, I think a former owner must have been Peter Stringfellow.

2007 350Z (my second Zed) - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Better gearbox though.

#43 Cloudy

Cloudy

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 07:50 AM

Successfully passed its first MOT without advisories. I was slightly nervous about the non-resonated short tails but all good.

That was yesterday... if all goes to plan Ill detail the car today.
  • Chubbs, Paul_S and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

#44 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,515 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 October 2018 - 01:10 PM

I stopped my one remaining CAT shield from rattling and prepped the car for it's MOT*

*i.e. re-enabled the headlight washers :lol:

• Chubbs likes this

#45 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,515 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 October 2018 - 11:56 AM

I went out to get some fuel - but via a nice long route with some fun roads.  It's been ages since I went out for a drive just for pure pleasure.

I don't understand the science behind it, but the car always feels faster when it's clean and the CAT shield isn't rattling! :drive1

• Chubbs, Dave G and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

#46 Davectr

Davectr

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 October 2018 - 01:15 PM

Just been out and removed the steering lock fuse! Been meaning to do it for ages now after reading some of the horror stories of failure. Can’t believe I left it so long, took all of about 10mins
  • Paul_S likes this

#47 Jeff-W

Jeff-W

Events/OCDT

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,956 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:51 PM

Today I was going to fill the screen wash up; couldn’t stop there, so I cleaned the engine compartment as well. It was very therapeutic.

You should never be seen out with a dirty battery cover, I say.

Jeff
Owners Club Detailing Team
  • LESmo and Paul_S like this

Fred I - 350Z 2007 Gunmetal. 6 CD changer, full leather, reverse sensors. SOLD.
Fred II - 370Z GT 2011 Gunmetal. Premium connect. GT spec. Seriously un-modified. See-through windows, and a wheel at each corner. Sold 13 July 14. Gone.
Fred III - 2014 facelift 370GT. Magma red. Reversing sensors. Invidia Gemini CBE. Sold 2 April 2016.
Fred IV - 2016 Daytona Blue 370Z GT. Reversing sensors. K & N panel filters. Invidia Gemini CBE. Full front wrap - Ventureshield II.

#48 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,512 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 October 2018 - 06:36 PM

Dirt mate...  Never seen it on your lovely mota.

• Paul_S likes this

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

sml_gallery_123_431_228285.png

#49 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,515 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:38 PM

Today the Honey Monster went in for a service and MOT (I supplied the fluids - thanks Opie Oils!)  My dealership (newly taken over by Motorline) did me proud with the Master Technician doing the work.  Funnily enough he remembers doing the PDI on the car back in 2009.  I can't think why :lol:

It passed the MOT with flying colours.  All that work getting the exhaust gaskets replaced was well worthwhile :)

• Chubbs, LESmo and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

#50 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,294 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:20 AM

Congratulations. What oil did you use, Paul?

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#51 John_K

John_K

Zedlet

• Moderators
  • 750 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:20 AM

bought Nismo lots of goodies at the Nissan GHQ boutique and the Omori factory
  • LESmo and Paul_S like this

Black Pearl 2010 (60) 370Z Auto GT Pack Connect Premium - 'Cool Dad'<br>EBC Ultimax (slotted) front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads - auf wiedersehen pet
Storm White 2014 (64) 370Z Nismo #376 - the new 'Cool Dad'

#52 ianhoughton

ianhoughton

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:40 AM

Stripped out the Nismo boot and put some audio sound deadening in. It's cured the vibration at 3500rpm from the new exhaust at the weekend.

You'll have to excuse the shape of some of the pieces, I just used up any remaining off cuts and stuck them anywhere !!!

IMG_2101.jpeg

IMG_2102.jpeg

IMG_2103.jpeg

IMG_2085.JPG

Edited by ianhoughton, 08 November 2018 - 09:43 AM.

• Chubbs and Paul_S like this

#53 milanored

milanored

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:30 AM

Stripped out the Nismo boot and put some audio sound deadening in. It's cured the vibration at 3500rpm from the new exhaust at the weekend.

You'll have to excuse the shape of some of the pieces, I just used up any remaining off cuts and stuck them anywhere !!!

attachicon.gifIMG_2101.jpeg
attachicon.gifIMG_2102.jpeg
attachicon.gifIMG_2103.jpeg
attachicon.gifIMG_2085.JPG

Good job I was going to do this but read on the www that noise reduction was minimal would be interested in your thoughts sir

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

#54 blobbish

blobbish

Club Secretary

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:56 AM

I have a few squeaks, and need to strip out all of the plastics, expand the holes around the coilover adjusters and apply some grommets.

The last time I did this was to fit my Amuze strut bar and I think that i may have buried one of my plastic prise tools somewhere in the process of putting it back together. 

Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

#55 Kev T

Kev T

Zedling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:55 AM

I did the sound deadening in the boot a couple of years back and although the results are not dramatic i think it was worth it for a couple of hours work.

• Chubbs likes this

#56 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,668 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:35 PM

I don't know.  I might be talking from the cheap seats, but I can't see the appeal in sound deadening.  It always seems like a bit of pointless extra weight, and I'd rather have the additional reminder of what sort of road surface I'm on by hearing and feel in addition to sight.  I also find that exhausts tend to quieten down a bit as they coke up a bit after about a thousand miles.

2007 350Z (my second Zed) - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Better gearbox though.

#57 blobbish

blobbish

Club Secretary

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:58 AM

I dont think that sound really gives you much of an indication of the road. Tyre noise will negate any real benefit and if you push it to the brink of squeal, you will hear this over the sound deadening. And at east the weight is over the rear.

Feel through the seats (limited in the 370), pedals and steering is much more beneficial.

I dont plan on doing this myself, more due to being bothered, but a little draught excluder tape to limit the squeaking plastic when the chassis is moving would be a welcome. As my car is quite stiff due to coilovers and uprated roll bars. Plus I never have the radio on

Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

#58 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,294 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:17 AM

Sound deadening worked well on my 2010 model, but I haven't felt the need to do it in my newer car. I think the noise cancellation system (A.R.S.E., or whatever it's called) helps.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#59 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,668 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:42 PM

I always find that the more continual the reminders - and from the greater the number of sources - the better.

#60 ianhoughton

ianhoughton

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:34 PM

Good job I was going to do this but read on the www that noise reduction was minimal would be interested in your thoughts sir

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I would agree that noise reduction is minimal, I only did it to reduce the buzziness of the exhaust / floor. If your wanting to make the car quieter, I wouldn't bother !!

• milanored likes this