Posted Image

Photo

What have you done for your 370z today? (2)

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 blobbish

blobbish

Club Secretary

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 November 2018 - 02:54 PM

I would agree that noise reduction is minimal, I only did it to reduce the buzziness of the exhaust / floor. If your wanting to make the car quieter, I wouldn't bother !!

I think the use of Carpet underlay is a better option. For one its lighter and its also much lighter and easier to remove. Have you ever tried to remove Dynomat!!!!!!!

But in all honesty, I'm not sure how much difference it would make with my exhaust, maybe just water spray in the arches and a reduction in squeaks.

Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

#62 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,667 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 06:44 PM

That, to me, reads like someone volunteering to receive earplugs or a pair of ear muffs from Secret Santa.

I'm just saying, that's all . . . :D

• Neutreus likes this

2007 350Z (my second Zed) - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Better gearbox though.

#63 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,509 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:35 PM

I used Cloud9 underlay because we had a carpet fitted and I sweet talked the chap to give me a nice size offcut.

A bit of Cloud9 and some spray adhesive makes for a quick job.

There was a small improvement but was noticeable the first time I drive the car. I'm used to the noise levels now so although it's better, the (higher) previous noise level is a distant memory.

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#64 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,667 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 11:10 AM

Another volunteer then!

If I was playing percentages I'd buy and wrap a set of earplugs or ear muffs now for any 370Z owner for the Zmas party.

Or, if the budget were to go up a little bit, an old Mercedes S-Class. :P

2007 350Z (my second Zed) - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Better gearbox though.

#65 Cloudy

Cloudy

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 06:35 PM

I reviewed the first quote for repairing the rear bumper on my Nismo V1 after some delightful person drove into it in a car park... and drove off.

#66 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,509 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:35 PM

I reviewed the first quote for repairing the rear bumper on my Nismo V1 after some delightful person drove into it in a car park... and drove off.

That boils my pi$$ :angry:

I guess you've checked for CCTV, etc?

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#67 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,667 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:58 PM

Yes, I'll join you in the kettle impression.  And hope that karma - and CCTV - has got the perpetrator's number.

#68 Cloudy

Cloudy

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:40 PM

No joy with CCTV... so hoping karma serves a just response. Over it now so pushing on with trying to find someone I consider suitable to carry out the repair.
  • Chubbs and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

#69 Gav C

Gav C

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 09:12 AM

Just having breakfast in The Red Kite while the Zed is in for it`s S2 service

• Chubbs and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this
Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev  remap 

#70 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,667 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 02:20 PM

Just having breakfast in The Red Kite while the Zed is in for it`s S2 service

No rest for the wicked, even on a Saturday morning eh?

I hope it went ok though.
  • Gav C likes this

#71 Gav C

Gav C

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 02:57 PM

Yeah, all good, just a corroded heat shield in the cat, just a bit of a rattle. Breakfast was lovely too 😁
  • Chubbs, A Pair Of Flabby Wings and Jeff-W like this
Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev  remap 

#72 Ste_ac

Ste_ac

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 09:25 AM

I had the spark plus changed at a 54,000 mile service. I now see why they are more expensive than most. An additional electrode.
This is the used one alongside the box of the new one.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20181125_0856203.jpg

• Chubbs likes this