Posted Image

Photo

What have you done for your 370z today? (2)

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#81 Gav C

Gav C

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 11:06 PM

Thank-you ... with the help of a friend, he had the logo printed for me, sprayed the bar white, put on the stencil and overcoated with laquer.

Vicky x

Looking good Vicki, just need to spruce up the engine bay now to match.

I`m not sure red would suit it, maybe black to keep it simple.

• vjordon likes this
Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev  remap 

#82 vjordon

vjordon

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:41 AM

Looking good Vicki, just need to spruce up the engine bay now to match.

I`m not sure red would suit it, maybe black to keep it simple.

Thank-you ... yes i will have to get the rubber gloves on i think.

Vicky x

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings and Gav C like this

#83 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 6,063 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:42 PM

One thought: a lot of induction kits (K&N and Stillen, for example) have red filters and either red stickers or other bits of additional red trim or badges.  If you fitted one of those at or around the same time as the red hoses you'd have something else to match it up with, and they wouldn't stand out so much as being on their own.

It's just a thought, and a favourite forum pastime: spending someone else's money. ;) :lol:

• Jeff-W, vjordon and Gav C like this

2007 350Z (my second Zed) - When you give up driving, you’re not going to look back wistfully on the car you owned with the nicest dashboard top or speaker grilles. You’re going to remember a car for its excitement and how it made you feel.
2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Far less pretentious though.

#84 vjordon

vjordon

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:49 AM

One thought: a lot of induction kits (K&N and Stillen, for example) have red filters and either red stickers or other bits of additional red trim or badges.  If you fitted one of those at or around the same time as the red hoses you'd have something else to match it up with, and they wouldn't stand out so much as being on their own.

It's just a thought, and a favourite forum pastime: spending someone else's money. ;) :lol:

Yes … And a very good thought, Thank-you.

I am not going to change any of those type of parts just yet (Exhaust/Air intakes/Hoses) as the car still has the cared 4 warranty on it, but I will do when that runs out, gathering ideas ready for when I can do it.

Vicky xx

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings likes this

#85 Gav C

Gav C

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:49 AM

You can`t see the filters on the Stillen kit, they sit behind the front bumper, just some nice polished pipe work, which you could paint white if you wished  ;)

• vjordon likes this
Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev  remap 

#86 vjordon

vjordon

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 01:34 PM

You can`t see the filters on the Stillen kit, they sit behind the front bumper, just some nice polished pipe work, which you could paint white if you wished  ;)

Hi Gav ..

Yes I have been looking at the Gen 3 Stillen, the only issue with those is that where the polished pipes goes through the bodywork..... the hole has to be made bigger for the pipes to go through and turn the corner, again something I cannot consider before the cared 4 warranty runs out.

The other option is the gen 2 shorter ones, or just leave the pipework I have in now and replace the Nissan filters pads with K&N ones..

I must admit though that I do like the K&N polished pipes & they would go with the white.

Vicky xx

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings and Gav C like this

#87 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 6,063 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:10 PM

If you just went with the K&N panel filters the stickers that go on top of the airbox(es) are obviously predominantly red. :thumbs:
  • Gav C likes this

2007 350Z (my second Zed) - When you give up driving, you’re not going to look back wistfully on the car you owned with the nicest dashboard top or speaker grilles. You’re going to remember a car for its excitement and how it made you feel.
2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Far less pretentious though.

#88 Gav C

Gav C

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:15 PM

If you just went with the K&N panel filters the stickers that go on top of the airbox(es) are obviously predominantly red. :thumbs:

I think you have an obsession with stickers  :lol:

• Chubbs and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

#89 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 6,063 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:40 PM

I think you have an obsession with stickers  :lol:

:lol:

It's the first pre-requisite for committee membership,

And I like to see them on others' cars.  Maybe not my own though. :D

• Gav C likes this

#90 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 34,423 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:36 PM

I'm a big fan of that Vicky!  That's made a big difference :thumbs:

Maybe I should add a yellow pinstripe to my factory black one... :lol:

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings and vjordon like this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#91 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 6,063 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:14 PM

A(nother) yellow sticker?

Sounds good to me. :lol:

• Gav C likes this

#92 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,638 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:58 AM

First MOT just now - PASS :happy2:

'Pass' is my favorite word :wub:

Before the test I showed the MOT bloke the 4th brake light/fog/reversing light in operation and he said it was fine, so it wasn't necessary to disconnect any part of it. Still glad I made it disconnectable, so it can be returned to stock very easily if desired.

• LESmo, Paul_S, Dave G and 3 others like this

Posted Image

A to Zee to B

#93 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 34,423 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:45 PM

First MOT just now - PASS :happy2:

'Pass' is my favorite word :wub:

Before the test I showed the MOT bloke the 4th brake light/fog/reversing light in operation and he said it was fine, so it wasn't necessary to disconnect any part of it. Still glad I made it disconnectable, so it can be returned to stock very easily if desired.

Result! :clap:

• Chubbs likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#94 blobbish

blobbish

Club Secretary

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:55 AM

Switched out the front HEL braided line for some Goodridge braided lines.

Why I hear you ask. Well simples. I nearly died  :D.

Set out and went to apply the brake and, foot to floor  :scare:. Luckily I was not using all of the horses under the bonnet but was enough to put me on high alert. Got home and checked the fluid.... there was nothing in the reservoir. Decided to WhatsApp'd Horsham. 

Anyway the HEL line on the nearside front had become kinked and caused a whole to develop. Decided to not think about the 'What ifs, and could haves'

Normal service now resumed  :D.

• Chubbs likes this
Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

#95 Kev T

Kev T

Zedling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:39 AM

Exactly the reason i went for Goodridge in the first place, more expensive but infinitely better brake lines.

#96 milanored

milanored

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:44 AM

Switched out the front HEL braided line for some Goodridge braided lines.

Why I hear you ask. Well simples. I nearly died  :D.

Set out and went to apply the brake and, foot to floor  :scare:. Luckily I was not using all of the horses under the bonnet but was enough to put me on high alert. Got home and checked the fluid.... there was nothing in the reservoir. Decided to WhatsApp'd Horsham. 

Anyway the HEL line on the nearside front had become kinked and caused a whole to develop. Decided to not think about the 'What ifs, and could haves'

Normal service now resumed  :D.

Scary with a capital S that could have been a lot worse. I am sure we can put this down to your lightning reactions and advanced driving skills or maybe you got s##t lucky there sir

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

#97 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,951 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:45 PM

:yikes:   Bugger mate glad you are ok.

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start ButtonGT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Posted Image

#98 David_R

David_R

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:43 PM

Changed the Diff Oil for some redline. Old stuff didn't  look all that bad still its changed now and is possibly a little quieter for it. If you ever consider doing this yourself an oil syringe is essential.

Also got round to getting some winter wax on the car. I use bilt-hamber double speed wax which I highly recommend. Lasts half a year atleast and is very reasonably priced. :)

Next stop - w braces. ;)

Edited by David_R, 12 January 2019 - 03:43 PM.

• Chubbs, Paul_S, Alex_C and 1 other like this
Posted Image

#99 Mud

Mud

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:39 AM

I've just added a Naviks reverse camera interface and chromecast to my 2009 370z

Also added an extra button for my garage remote between the heated seat buttons

• Chubbs, Alex_C, vjordon and 1 other like this

#100 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,638 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:04 PM

I've just added a Naviks reverse camera interface and chromecast to my 2009 370z

Also added an extra button for my garage remote between the heated seat buttons

Sometimes I'd like to live in Australia. It's 5 degrees celcius here and my garage is too small :(

Posted Image

A to Zee to B