Posted Image

Photo

What Have You Done For Your 350Z Today? (2)

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#101 nacnud

nacnud

International Zedlister

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:06 PM

The wheels look great! Good job well done!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk
  • 350doc likes this
John D. B) 

#102 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 6,063 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:22 PM

Nothing much to report again.  Apart from a bit of dusting I haven't done much to or for the Zed since mid-November, except run the engine a few times, and keep the tyres well inflated and occasionally rotated.  Except I did manage to briefly apply a bit of old Leather Care Cream (I've got some newer stuff, but I thought I'd use a bit more of the old before relegating the remainder to use on the household furniture) to the seats, steering wheel and gearknob today.  An observation I made was that for a seat that's approaching twelve years' old my driver's seat isn't in bad condition, despite accommodating my bulk for the last two and a bit years.  The excitement was too much that I forgot to take a picture though.

The time is approaching when I'm going to have to break out the polishes, etc.  For the first time in a few years I'm actually quite looking forward to attacking the Garage Queen with a bit of product.  As usual, and probably as expected, I have a few things lined up to use - some of them old, some of them new (which might hopefully reduce reliance on some of the old), some of them used regularly, some of them used rarely - and I really ought to begin my own thread with my experiences and thoughts on them.  So watch this space.

2007 350Z (my second Zed) - When you give up driving, you’re not going to look back wistfully on the car you owned with the nicest dashboard top or speaker grilles. You’re going to remember a car for its excitement and how it made you feel.
2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Far less pretentious though.

#103 nacnud

nacnud

International Zedlister

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:42 AM

Keep us informed with the results

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk
  • A Pair Of Flabby Wings likes this
John D. B) 

#104 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 6,063 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:09 AM

I most certainly will. The other cars in the household need a little bit of (hopefully) late winter care first, but I need to start paying a bit more attention to the Zed - even if it's just sporadically - soon. :)

2007 350Z (my second Zed) - When you give up driving, you’re not going to look back wistfully on the car you owned with the nicest dashboard top or speaker grilles. You’re going to remember a car for its excitement and how it made you feel.
2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Far less pretentious though.

#105 jr6yam

jr6yam

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 08:01 PM

Service & MOT. All good, but I will need brakes and tyres in the near future

• Chubbs, Paul_S and nacnud like this

#106 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 34,423 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:03 PM

Service & MOT. All good, but I will need brakes and tyres in the near future

Nice one :)

Brakes we can do!  How about coming to either the Mod Day or the Members Workshop Day and us all working together and saving you some cash to get those sorted?

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#107 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 6,063 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:54 PM

Is it pads and/or discs wearing down, or is it just a bit of rust on the inner faces of the discs?  They all do that, and some garages don't bat an eyelid at it.  It's like the imperfection on a Persian rug.

• Paul_S likes this

#108 jr6yam

jr6yam

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 08:02 PM

Is it pads and/or discs wearing down, or is it just a bit of rust on the inner faces of the discs?  They all do that, and some garages don't bat an eyelid at it.  It's like the imperfection on a Persian rug.

I haven't looked, but as they're the original parts i reckon they'll both need replacing :D

#109 jr6yam

jr6yam

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 08:05 PM

Nice one :)

Brakes we can do!  How about coming to either the Mod Day or the Members Workshop Day and us all working together and saving you some cash to get those sorted?

Sounds good. Although I haven't yet decided whether to go with original or aftermarket parts

#110 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 34,423 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 February 2019 - 08:07 PM

Sounds good. Although I haven't yet decided whether to go with original or aftermarket parts

That's fine you have time to decide.  It doesn't make a difference when it comes to fitting them :)

• jr6yam likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#111 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 6,063 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 10:26 PM

That's very true.  A very sound bit of advice I saw repeated elsewhere only the other day was: don't break the bank when it comes to buying discs (just so long as they don't break or warp), but do buy the best pads you can afford.

I haven't looked, but as they're the original parts i reckon they'll both need replacing :D

Out of interest how many miles have they done?

#112 jr6yam

jr6yam

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 07:07 AM

That's very true.  A very sound bit of advice I saw repeated elsewhere only the other day was: don't break the bank when it comes to buying discs (just so long as they don't break or warp), but do buy the best pads you can afford.

Out of interest how many miles have they done?

40751, as of this morning :)

#113 Gav C

Gav C

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 07:16 PM

It shouldn`t need disc`s at that mileage unless they`re warped or you give them a really good hammering.

Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev  remap 

#114 Daz JDM

Daz JDM

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 February 2019 - 07:36 AM

Is she auto or manual transmission. mines got 38k on, auto, and has some small lips on front discs but still above minimum thickness :-)

#115 jr6yam

jr6yam

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:01 AM

Is she auto or manual transmission. mines got 38k on, auto, and has some small lips on front discs but still above minimum thickness :-)

Manual transmission. Mine has small lips on the discs too

I think the garage are erring on the side of caution (Which is fine by me)

• Daz JDM likes this

#116 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 6,063 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 02:43 PM

Oh absolutely. It's hopefully then something you won't have to worry about for a long while after.

#117 Puddenchucker

Puddenchucker

Zedling

• User (10)
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:07 PM

MOT number 13 passed........ :clap:

• Chubbs and Paul_S like this
Yes, I am a miserable bugger. But that's your problem, not mine.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Anything I post may be complete b****ks. Especially after whisky consumption. Don't say I didn't warn you.

#118 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,638 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 February 2019 - 07:59 AM

MOT number 13 passed........ :clap:

Excellent, Pud! I wonder if you've owned the same UK 350z for longer than anyone? How many miles has it done? I'm guessing about 80,000?

Posted Image

A to Zee to B

#119 Puddenchucker

Puddenchucker

Zedling

• User (10)
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 06:09 AM

Excellent, Pud! I wonder if you've owned the same UK 350z for longer than anyone? How many miles has it done? I'm guessing about 80,000?

I've owned my Z for about 15 years now.

Mileage is actually just over half that. The Z has always been my 'other' car, so not used for commuting, the most miles I've done in a year is approx. 4500 and the lowest around 1200.

• Chubbs and Paul_S like this
Yes, I am a miserable bugger. But that's your problem, not mine.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Anything I post may be complete b****ks. Especially after whisky consumption. Don't say I didn't warn you.

#120 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,638 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 February 2019 - 06:53 AM

I've owned my Z for about 15 years now.

Mileage is actually just over half that. The Z has always been my 'other' car, so not used for commuting, the most miles I've done in a year is approx. 4500 and the lowest around 1200.

Wow! That's a real gem of a car you have there. It's fast becoming a prime example of a classic model. Omg it will be 20 years old before you know it. Time flies. It seems like only yesterday that I was enjoying your pithy and incisive comments when this club was first formed, all those years ago. Nostalgia rules!

Did you buy it as a new car? Is there anyone here who has owned one for longer?

...and your sig pics are becoming antiques too :)

Posted Image

A to Zee to B