ianhoughton

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:03 AM

Hi all,

Thinking of getting a 370Z Nismo and have a couple of questions:

1) I've been to see a 2017 version, and the car had 3 blanking plates near the drivers seat, are these for the heated seat switches, I presume not all cars came with these fitted? (not a deal breaker, but my current car has them and their great in the winter !!)

2) I'm also going to look at a 2015 car with slightly higher miles, is there a massive difference in spec between 2015 & 2017? Outwardly they both look the same apart from colour.

3) Can you connect your phone to the stereo for calls / streaming spotify?

Thanks for any answers :)

Cheers Ian

#2 moonshine

moonshine

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:15 AM

3) Can you connect your phone to the stereo for calls / streaming spotify?

Yes you can stream with spotify and control the tracks from the steering wheel

#3 mattross1313

mattross1313

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:20 AM

Hey, happy hunting.

1) You are correct the switches are for heated seats. However this is only for the GT spec 370's. Nismo's do not come with heated seats, so you are not missing out there.

2) 2015-2017 Nismo's are effectively the same car inside and out. The 2018's have different tyres fitted and some minor changes.

3) Yep, that'll work fine. I play Spotify most days via my phone.

Where abouts are you based? I have a 2017 white Nismo that I am considering putting up for sale.

#4 Dave G

Dave G

Zedlet

• Members (10)
  • 317 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:55 AM

Glad you got your questions answered (and nice and quickly too).  So all that's left to say is  :welcometonissansportz:

Fire away with any other questions you may have - lots of knowledgeable people on here.

#5 TheAirRover

TheAirRover

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 12:00 PM

Hi

One of the 2018 ‘minor changes’ that mattross1313 is referring to, concerns the 3 switch blanks you are asking about, on my Nismo the central one is now a remote release for the tailgate - very rarely use it though

Can throughly recommend the whole ‘Z’ experience

You’ll find very helpful, knowledgable and patient contributors here, I certainly did when I was where you are now in the buying process

Paul

2018, 370Z Nismo, Storm White
  • Jeff-W likes this

2018 Storm White 370z Nismo

#6 ianhoughton

ianhoughton

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 12:24 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome and speedy responses, I'll try not to ask too many daft questions.

I'm off to view a couple of white Nismo's this weekend, keep you posted :)

• Chubbs, Paul_S and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

#7 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,593 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 01:47 PM

Please do so. It might help if we've got something to look at and compare.

In the meantime, though, hello and welcome. :hello:
2007 350Z - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2004 Yaris 1.3 - It takes a little longer, but you'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.

#8 ianhoughton

ianhoughton

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 02:53 PM

Ideally I'm looking for a white one, but would take black as a 2nd option, these are the current options:

1) 2017 - £27.5k 8k miles - In the same village as me, know the guy selling it, taken it for a spin, top end of budget, but decent part ex. (shame its black though, would prefer a white one)

https://www.midlandp...ckshire-1586693

2) 2015 - £24 22k miles - A little older and higher miles, correct colour, but someone saw it today so it could be sold by the weekend.

https://www.autotrad...201807238716850

3) 2017 - £26k - 10.5k miles - White

https://www.autotrad...201808179589395

4) 2017 - £26.5 - 7k miles - Black

https://www.autotrad...201807038078222

5) 2016 - £25.5k - 4k miles - White

https://www.autotrad...201808289923425

I'm hoping to see 3&4 tomorrow as their roughly in the same area, then maybe 5 on Sunday.

Thoughts?

#9 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,445 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 September 2018 - 04:56 PM

Hi welcome.

They did introduce the Exhaust noise generator thingy me jig between years - , it was around April 2015,  So worth checking if it has it or not on a 2015 car.  You will know as there are a number of additional microphones in the ceiling.  All it does it take cabin noise, play with it and inject the exhaust sound over the Stereo.  Somewhere on here you will find the explanantion for it.  Most new members I suspect don't even know they have it.  You cannot switch it off.

3 Blanks are indeed not needed by the Nismo - although some have taken it out and put in wireless charging or just a storage.

There are four colours, White, Red, Black and Silver.  If the V1 had been available in Red in the UK I think I may have been thrown, however, Storm White looks amazing on a sunny day.  Every owner of the relevant colour will tell you its the best, its a personal choice.  But clearly White is the fastest colour :D

Many of us have come through the 350z to the 370z - so have about 10 years ownership or more.  They are very different cars, extremely reliable in most part and can be used as a daily car.  But you have to be ready to talk to people and thank them for telling you they like your car (nearly a daily event).

I have never owned a car I love as much as the Zed - it makes me smile every day,  Good luck with the puchase. 

• ianhoughton likes this

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

sml_gallery_123_431_228285.png

#10 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,228 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 September 2018 - 05:55 PM

Welcome to nissansportz, Ian :)

Good luck with your search. I've had a quick glance at your options and, on the face of it, car number 1 looks pretty good value to me., with plenty of warranty left on it.  Also, being local to you, if there are any issues...

Don't hesitate to ask ANY questions. No question is dumb (some of the answers may be).

• ianhoughton likes this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#11 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,419 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 September 2018 - 06:43 PM

Hi Ian :hello:

I envy your search for a NISMO.  Enjoy every minute of it :)

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#12 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,419 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 September 2018 - 06:55 PM

Ideally I'm looking for a white one, but would take black as a 2nd option, these are the current options:

1) 2017 - £27.5k 8k miles - In the same village as me, know the guy selling it, taken it for a spin, top end of budget, but decent part ex. (shame its black though, would prefer a white one)

https://www.midlandp...ckshire-1586693

2) 2015 - £24 22k miles - A little older and higher miles, correct colour, but someone saw it today so it could be sold by the weekend.

https://www.autotrad...201807238716850

3) 2017 - £26k - 10.5k miles - White

https://www.autotrad...201808179589395

4) 2017 - £26.5 - 7k miles - Black

https://www.autotrad...201807038078222

5) 2016 - £25.5k - 4k miles - White

https://www.autotrad...201808289923425

I'm hoping to see 3&4 tomorrow as their roughly in the same area, then maybe 5 on Sunday.

Thoughts?

I'm going to ignore the black ones since you seem keen on a white one (have you seen a black one in the flesh?)

Nothing really goes wrong with these cars and those are all young so I would check for things like stone chips, seat bolster wear, tyre wear, etc. and that might help make up your mind - either knock the price down or walk away.

Without viewing them, I would probably go for number 5 on your list :)

• ianhoughton likes this

#13 C8NNP

C8NNP

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 07:37 AM

Hi mate,

I'm just about to put mine up for sale. It's a V1 Nismo (big spoiler version), white, 9800 miles, mint with PPF applied to the front. Good luck with your search.

#14 Jeff-W

Jeff-W

OCDT

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 September 2018 - 04:25 PM

May I just repeat the welcome to the forum, Ian. As has been stated above, there is no shortage of Z knowledge here and you are more than welcome to tap into it. We also have many Nismo owners who will be delighted to extol the virtues of that model to you!

It is interesting to see that 2 users are about to sell their Nismos.

Don’t go for any colour other than the one you want, I find that this car is made by its colour, and is therefore all in the eye of the beholder. I once had a red one and it just didn’t work visually - so I now have a blue one, and it does!

Jeff.
  • Paul_S likes this
Fred I - 350Z 2007 Gunmetal. 6 CD changer, full leather, reverse sensors. SOLD.
Fred II - 370Z GT 2011 Gunmetal. Premium connect. GT spec. Seriously un-modified. See-through windows, and a wheel at each corner. Sold 13 July 14. Gone.
Fred III - 2014 facelift 370GT. Magma red. Reversing sensors. Invidia Gemini CBE. Sold 2 April 2016.
Fred IV - 2016 Daytona Blue 370Z GT. Reversing sensors. K & N panel filters. Invidia Gemini CBE. Full front wrap - Ventureshield II.

#15 ianhoughton

ianhoughton

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 12:15 PM

Quick question, one of the cars I took out on Friday, didn't seem to have the rev matching working on downshifts. Has it / can it be turned off, should I be worried?

#16 blobbish

blobbish

Club Secretary

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 September 2018 - 12:53 PM

I have an Auto which does it automatically and cannot be disabled, but the manual boxes have a S-Mode button that means it can be enabled/disables.

Once its been disabled (hold button for 3 seconds) it will stay disabled until the button is pressed again. If you're unsure if it was broken or not take the car out again and press the button. Situated by the gear stick. You don't need to press it for the 3 seconds to enable it.

Oh and for the record, it also helps smooth out the revs on upshift.

Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

#17 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,445 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 September 2018 - 02:26 PM

You have to press S Mode and hold it to switch it off, it will stay off until you switch it back on (that including ignition cycles).  However to switch on you just press it.  The earlier Non GT Cars didn't have it.  But GT/Nismo all did.  It may have been switched off and not switched on.  As I say it won't come back on until you switch it on.

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

sml_gallery_123_431_228285.png

#18 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,419 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:03 PM

^^ what they said!

Most likely the battery has been disconnected or gone flat recently.  After power is disconnected, by default the SynchroRev is off.  I suspect they reset the auto windows but not that...

#19 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,228 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 September 2018 - 10:33 AM

^^ what they said!

Most likely the battery has been disconnected or gone flat recently.  After power is disconnected, by default the SynchroRev is off.  I suspect they reset the auto windows but not that...

...or maybe it was in the 'off' position, because the last person to touch the 'S' button switched it off? (radical theory, I know)

• Paul_S, Dave G and Gav C like this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#20 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,419 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 September 2018 - 04:24 PM

...or maybe it was in the 'off' position, because the last person to touch the 'S' button switched it off? (radical theory, I know)

Now let's not go crazy thinking up reasons!
  • Chubbs likes this