4 replies to this topic

#1 ianhoughton

ianhoughton

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 03:45 PM

I'd post this somewhere else but I'm not a fully paid up member yet.

Apologies if this is a really daft question, but my wife has a Qashqai and gets 3 years breakdown cover included in the lease. I've recently bought a 2nd hand 2017 Nismo, does this also come with Nissan's breakdown cover, does it transfer to the new owner of a 2nd hand car?

#2 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,446 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 October 2018 - 04:50 PM

Yes 3 Years Warranty whcih includes Breakdown - you should have a number in the info pack in the glove box.  If not I may have it in mine.

Also when you come to the world of MOT's if its done by a Nissan dealer they extend it by a further year as part of the service. 

edit found the link - Here: https://www.nissan.c...assistance.html

• Paul_S, Jeff-W and ianhoughton like this

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

sml_gallery_123_431_228285.png

#3 1FHL

1FHL

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 October 2018 - 12:51 PM

All Nissan cars when serviced at main dealership have 1 years RAC cover included each annual service.

• Paul_S and ianhoughton like this
Nissan 370z Roadster "1 FHL" - Nissan Premier Qashqai #0001 "PR07HET" - Porsche "Maddie" Macan 3.0dS  

#4 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,600 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 01:53 PM

Would that include, say, a 20-year old Micra? I'm not particularly after one, but someone near me has a "Cockroach" on their drive that doesn't get a lot of use or love (or not as much as it would get from me), and I sometimes when I see it I feel sorry for it.

Although considering what you might end up paying a dealership to get it through its MOT an expensive premium for breakdown cover might be a drop in the ocean by comparison.
2007 350Z - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2004 Yaris 1.3 - It takes a little longer, but you'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.

#5 1FHL

1FHL

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 October 2018 - 02:14 PM

According to my dealership yes, after all breakdown is insurance paid for by the service costs.

I know what you mean about older models, there is an "old boy" who drives a Nissan Sunny B11 saloon, the interior fabric etc is now all but the sponge etc, I'd love to take it away and restore it, cant be that many left now following the scrappage scheme.

• Paul_S likes this
Nissan 370z Roadster "1 FHL" - Nissan Premier Qashqai #0001 "PR07HET" - Porsche "Maddie" Macan 3.0dS