#1 Ste_ac

Ste_ac

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 06:46 PM

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had done something to their suspension components, geometry settings or tyre choice to make the 370Z feel more settled when making some progress over B roads? Sometimes I feel as though I am close to being launched into a cabbage field.

#2 ProfessorZ

ProfessorZ

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 07:18 PM

I can't help, but I have to agree.  It does get very bumpy at times. 

• Ste_ac likes this

#3 PaulW

PaulW

Committee Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 7,489 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 11:56 AM

Changing the anti roll bars on 350z made a huge difference, assume it'll be the same on the 370

• Paul_S likes this

gallery_245_423_13930.png

#4 blobbish

blobbish

Club Secretary

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 October 2018 - 01:26 PM

Correct tyre pressure will also help.

• Paul_S likes this

Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

#5 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,446 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 October 2018 - 04:08 PM

I cannot wait to get rid of the Bridgestones as I think the car will be perfect on Michelin.  I just need to wear down another 3mm....   I wonder how :sly:

Mine has chucked me around on really un-even surfaces and country roads.  There is one between Haddenhan and Earith and its not great in the dark...

• Paul_S likes this

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

sml_gallery_123_431_228285.png

#6 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,230 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 October 2018 - 04:12 PM

I cannot wait to get rid of the Bridgestones as I think the car will be perfect on Michelin.

You're not wrong. I'm surprised at how much difference it has made to the drive.

• LESmo likes this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#7 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,425 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 October 2018 - 06:21 PM

Changing the anti roll bars on 350z made a huge difference, assume it'll be the same on the 370

Yep!  I never did for my 350Z but I have on the '70 and it's a definite improvement :)

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#8 Ste_ac

Ste_ac

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 08:33 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to try a few things out when I have the money.

#9 Davectr

Davectr

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 October 2018 - 10:31 AM

Have you had the geometry checked? I remember when I got mine it was really skittish and I was bemused as everyone on the forums was raving about the handling. I eventually got my a*** into gear and got the geo checked/set up (yes, you guessed it, it was quite a way out) and boom, much much better handling, more like what I’d expected it to be
  • PaulW, LESmo, Paul_S and 1 other like this

#10 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,425 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 October 2018 - 09:05 PM

There are a lot of good answers on this thread!

Have you had the geometry checked? I remember when I got mine it was really skittish and I was bemused as everyone on the forums was raving about the handling. I eventually got my arse into gear and got the geo checked/set up (yes, you guessed it, it was quite a way out) and boom, much much better handling, more like what I’d expected it to be

This is a very good suggestion :thumbs:

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#11 Ste_ac

Ste_ac

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:43 PM

I had it adjusted about two years ago, but I'm due a set of new tyres so I'll get the geometry checked again.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
  • Paul_S likes this

#12 blobbish

blobbish

Club Secretary

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:44 PM

I normaly get my suspension redone at least once a year, if im driving a lot, then twice.

Roads are horrid in this country.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.