5 replies to this topic

#1 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,231 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 October 2018 - 10:21 AM

Is anyone else as technologically challenged as me? I've been driving 370s for seven years now and it was only today that I realised I can turn the audio ON by pressing the SOURCE button on the steering wheel. Until now, being old, my left hand has automatically gone down to the head unit to switch it on.

Are you as dumb as me? Be honest :)

• Paul_S and moonshine like this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#2 milanored

milanored

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 10:24 AM

Is anyone else as technologically challenged as me? I've been driving 370s for seven years now and it was only today that I realised I can turn the audio ON by pressing the SOURCE button on the steering wheel. Until now, being old, my left hand has automatically gone down to the head unit to switch it on.

Are you as dumb as me? Be honest :)

Yes I didn't realise till yesterday you could turn the large knob outer silver ring in the middle round to scroll up and down the menu only had the car 4 years
  • Chubbs likes this

#3 Wayne370Z

Wayne370Z

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 October 2018 - 12:11 PM

I`ve had mine almost 6 years now and don`t use/know how to use/forgot half the stuff on it. Radio is just on all the time on the same channel. Never use voice control, never make phone calls and rarely receive any. Don`t use touch screen cos I don`t like finger marks on it. Cruise control and SatNav is really the only tech that I use.

• Chubbs likes this

Wayne.         2013 370Z GT Edition Storm White

#4 mattross1313

mattross1313

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 01:29 PM

I didn't realise the source button would turn the stereo ON. But then again I never turn mine off, I will just turn the volume down if I need quiet in the cabin.

I believe the source button can be used to cycle through the modes (radio, BT, USB etc). I say believe....as my left hand will instinctively move and use the buttons to do this on the console.

One trick I did learn recently (Google helped), when the engine is running if you double press the start button the car will turn off but leave the power on (heaters, radio etc). Most useful if you pull up to the office and want to finish listening to a good tune etc :)

• Chubbs and Gav C like this

#5 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,777 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 October 2018 - 03:24 PM

.............Don`t use touch screen cos I don`t like finger marks on it. .....

I know exactly what you mean! And why, oh why, cant they give you predictive options on postcode (where non-valid are removed - like they do with Town)? Using the dial to move from character to character feels like I'm hosting a game of roulette!

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

#6 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,425 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 October 2018 - 05:46 PM

I didn't realise the source button would turn the stereo ON. But then again I never turn mine off, I will just turn the volume down if I need quiet in the cabin.

I believe the source button can be used to cycle through the modes (radio, BT, USB etc). I say believe....as my left hand will instinctively move and use the buttons to do this on the console.

One trick I did learn recently (Google helped), when the engine is running if you double press the start button the car will turn off but leave the power on (heaters, radio etc). Most useful if you pull up to the office and want to finish listening to a good tune etc :)

...in a similar way, if you don't put your foot on the clutch or brake (to start the car) you can press the start button twice to get into the 'On' position 

• mattross1313 and moonshine like this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY