Posted Image

Photo

2018 370Z Nismo review...................five letters too many?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dj370zNismo

dj370zNismo

Zedling

• Members (10)
  • 2,576 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 October 2018 - 07:23 AM

A pretty fair assessment of the Nismo I would say in this Canadian review:

https://www.auto123....o-review/65215/

• LESmo likes this
2013 Storm White 370z Nismo #93
2004 Azure Blue 350Z

#2 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,446 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 October 2018 - 12:10 PM

Fair I would say.  Strange the Australian market has been so late to the party.  They are running a limited edition Juke Nismo RS .....  how long have we had that one?

• dj370zNismo likes this

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

sml_gallery_123_431_228285.png

#3 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,600 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 01:51 PM

Apart from the sentence "Nissan without the Z is like a cake without icing" I fundamentally disagree with most of the article.

It's a bit like the cretinous small group test in this month's 'Car' magazine (I know octogenarians who don't find vertical door handles awkward, so unless Car's journos have serious RSI from typing I really don't get the criticism).

As for this article, the positives are fine, but a lot of the negatives don't stand up to scrutiny. The guts certainly aren't the same as they were in 2002. It's got a large-ish engine and no forced induction, but the true similarities end there. And if anyone finds the seats that uncomfortable, I'd say what Horacio Pagani says to owners who struggle with Pagani pedals: "You need to work out a bit".

Going on: if you drive aggressively in a turbocharged car, the fuel consumption drops off a cliff. The bigger problem is that at low engine speeds a large engine still uses a lot of fuel relatively, but at least the response is there.

And is that a big typo I see in the final paragraph?
  • dj370zNismo and LESmo like this
2007 350Z - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2004 Yaris 1.3 - It takes a little longer, but you'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.

#4 dj370zNismo

dj370zNismo

Zedling

• Members (10)
  • 2,576 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 October 2018 - 02:19 PM

I certainly agree with him regarding the stiff ride and fuel consumption. 

And yes, does he know something we don't regarding a new Zed?

2013 Storm White 370z Nismo #93
2004 Azure Blue 350Z

#5 Neutreus

Neutreus

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 2,497 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 October 2018 - 06:16 PM

Definitely a typo - we'd have seen prototypes by now if there was a launch next year. Maybe we'll see a protoype next year - too much to ask for? Sometimes companies do get these foreign/smaller publications to drop a hint to get the rumours spreading.

• dj370zNismo likes this
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - Optional extras: Dynamic pack, black styling pack, Audi sound system, cruise control, reversing camera, advanced key, electric folding body coloured mirrors, electrically adjustable lumbar support and non smokers pack.
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition (manual) - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers, Black 'Z' badges, removal of GT Edition stripes - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

#6 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,600 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 10:01 PM

Actually that bit passed me by.  We might see a new one next year, we might not.  I suspect we won't see much more than the little we've seen this year. I was more offended by this (both the bad spelling and the bad spirit of it):

. . .this NISMO version? It will be best appreciated begin driven on a video game screen.

I think he means "being", but either way I think that warrants a lifetime ban.

As we all know, there is only really one major problem with the 370Z and he has missed it completely.

2007 350Z - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2004 Yaris 1.3 - It takes a little longer, but you'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.