• Pip
  • 51 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 October 2018 - 05:38 PM

I also have the change gear indicator in two way:

• In manual mode an arrow is in the window where the gear appears:
    • no arrow, just a number, nothing to do,
    • arrow down to change to an inferior gear
    • or arrow up to change to superior gear.
  • Red light which blinks 500 rpm before rpm max and stay lit at the max rpm (max rpm can be set in menu)..

#22 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,231 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 October 2018 - 09:46 PM

In manual mode my car doesn't have a down arrow, only an up arrow. The car just changes down automatically when the ECU tells it to, if I haven't changed down already.

Is this like your friends' cars?

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#23 Vampirex

Vampirex

International Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:07 AM

I don't know, Chubbs. 

I have to check if I have the down arrow as you cast a doubt (sorry but during the the running-in I didn't play with manual mode, I do that only for last 300km).

Like you, in manual, the box decide to downshift itself, I saw that yesterday. But I was surprised to see that as it's not really "manual".

I had several AT by the past but the behaviour was less mysterious !!!

• Chubbs likes this

#24 blobbish

blobbish

Club Secretary

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:48 AM

The 7AT doe have some protection built in.

For instance, you generally cant stall the engine. If your stopping during normal braking for traffic lights it will downshift to prevent a stall. Also if you're sitting at 6K revs in 2nd and click to downshift you will be greeted with a few bleeps but the car will not drop into 1st, this protects the engine from blowing.

That said I have managed to stall the engine and the car will shift down even if this brings the revs to the limiter.

• Chubbs and Paul_S like this

Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

#25 Vampirex

Vampirex

International Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 November 2018 - 01:59 PM

Yesterday, I spoke to the workshop manager and they have no answer to my problem. So they opened a file at Nissan Europe. I'm waiting for news.

#26 blobbish

blobbish

Club Secretary

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:06 PM

Right. I've made a small video of how my 7AT behaves (excuse the camera shake, passenger couldn't hold the camera steady  :D)

Here you go:-

You will notice that under gentle acceleration the car behaves like yours.

There are two things that extenuate the rev match:

1. braking - due to speed drop the match will always be a little higher before it settles
  2. exhaust - most of the noticeable noise is from the exhaust.

Stock exhaust is  :bleh:. You should get the car and IMMEDIATELY drive it to get a new one. In fact Nissan should just not fit one.

I don't actually thing there is anything wrong with your Zed after watching the video. Next time your out on one of your 110/130 or 70 roads break a little harder and then drop down a gear. I think you will notice it more then. 

Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400

#27 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,425 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:20 PM

Good work making that vid mate :thumbs:

I've been in your car and it's hard enough keeping your head from snapping back, let alone taking a video :lol: 

• Chubbs likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#28 Vampirex

Vampirex

International Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 November 2018 - 06:14 PM

Right. I've made a small video of how my 7AT behaves (excuse the camera shake, passenger couldn't hold the camera steady  :D)

Here you go:-

You will notice that under gentle acceleration the car behaves like yours.

There are two things that extenuate the rev match:

1. braking - due to speed drop the match will always be a little higher before it settles
  2. exhaust - most of the noticeable noise is from the exhaust.

Stock exhaust is  :bleh:. You should get the car and IMMEDIATELY drive it to get a new one. In fact Nissan should just not fit one.

I don't actually thing there is anything wrong with your Zed after watching the video. Next time your out on one of your 110/130 or 70 roads break a little harder and then drop down a gear. I think you will notice it more then. 

As you suggest, I will try to make a new hard test this WE.I would be happy if my Z was normal :rolleyes:.

#29 Vampirex

Vampirex

International Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 November 2018 - 06:11 PM

Hi All,

I made a new (harder) test today, down shifted several times at 6000 rpm 4th to 3rd and 3rd to 2nd but I don't hear the shot of gas.

And no news from Nissan.

BR.

Daniel.

#30 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,425 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 November 2018 - 08:52 PM

OK mate, I thought this might have been solved but I will ask Nissan and let you know when they have to say.

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#31 blobbish

blobbish

Club Secretary

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 November 2018 - 09:30 PM

Hi All,
I made a new (harder) test today, down shifted several times at 6000 rpm 4th to 3rd and 3rd to 2nd but I don't hear the shot of gas.
And no news from Nissan.
BR.
Daniel.

We're you braking at the time. It's more pronounced under Harvey braking.

Also the in car speaker may not be giving you the rap as the exhaust noise comes from speaker inside the cabin.

I wonder if there are any 2018 UK cars that can confirm the behaviour.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

#32 Vampirex

Vampirex

International Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 November 2018 - 10:01 AM

@Paul: many thanks.

@Blobbish: I switched off the sound system for these tests.

#33 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,231 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 November 2018 - 10:14 AM

@Blobbish: I switched off the sound system for these tests.

I suppose you know your car has the fake exhaust sound? This fake noise works through the speakers even when the sound system is switched off. So maybe it's the fake sound you're hearing (it could be drowning out the real, very quiet stock exhaust) and maybe they didn't put a blip in the downshift of the fake audio?

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#34 Vampirex

Vampirex

International Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 November 2018 - 10:48 AM

Yes, I know that and I don't like at all this fake sound, but I looked everywhere to see if we can turn off this feature without success. I'll try to close the micros to see if I can stop that, but one thing at the time, my first worry is my gearbox behaviour. I will remake a test with all windows opened to be sure it not a ear problem (I am no longer so young now  :().

BR.

Daniel.

#35 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,231 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 November 2018 - 11:15 AM

I investigated this for my own car (which also has the fake sound) - I think you have to get a Nissan dealer to switch it off, unless you know someone who has one of those 'Consult lll' thingies. If you bought the car recently they should do it for free, in my opinion.

I must say I got used to it - and thought it was better than no sound at all, which is what the stock exhaust gives you.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#36 blobbish

blobbish

Club Secretary

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 November 2018 - 12:04 PM

I must say I got used to it - and thought it was better than no sound at all, which is what the stock exhaust gives you.

^^^^^^ and this is what i think the problem is. If you turn the sound off on my video and watch I dont think that it behaves any different. 

1. Off of the gas and downshift, the revs match then fall slowly as speed decreases.
  2. Moderate braking and downshift and you then get the rev match and a quick fall of the revs to catch the falling speed.

I would imagine that the exhaust will get 'slightly' better with age but changing the exhaust will give you the audible confirmation you're requiring.

• Chubbs, Paul_S and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

#37 Vampirex

Vampirex

International Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 November 2018 - 08:55 PM

Hi All,

I made a new test (https://youtu.be/h5euLYn5VWs), it seems worst with open windows, as we get external noises. I continue not to hear the gas shot, except  perhaps when I went from 2nd to 1st twice in the video), but I am absolutely not sure. I would be very happy if you were right and it is because of the sound exhaust that I don't hear (sorry but my last knowledge of AT is old with Jaguar XJ40 in the 90's).

I spoke with the Nissan dealer technical responsible, yesterday and they get an answer from Nissan Europe on Friday at 11h50 am. After analyzing and searching, they don't know this trouble, so they escalated to level 2 which is located to... GB. But he also proposed to install the Consult 3 in my car, make a test and analyze all the downshifts to see if something is wrong.

I think that I'll do that, but as it is 75 km from home, so I have to plan that.

I am satisfied as my dealer followed the problem and seems to treat with serious.

If someone has more ideas or info, I am always open.

BR.

Daniel.

• Chubbs likes this