• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,600 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 06:57 PM

Looks nice.....wouldn't buy it though. You can't beat the look of the original 350z. But that's my thoughts on it. 

That's also very true.

That said, I wouldn't say no to having both. :thumbs: :lol:

• Matty Bacon likes this
2007 350Z - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2004 Yaris 1.3 - It takes a little longer, but you'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.

#22 dj370zNismo

dj370zNismo

Zedling

• Members (10)
  • 2,576 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 November 2018 - 07:26 AM

Looks nice.....wouldn't buy it though. You can't beat the look of the original 350z. But that's my thoughts on it. 

..........or the 240Z. Why not have all three?!

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings and Matty Bacon like this
2013 Storm White 370z Nismo #93
2004 Azure Blue 350Z

#23 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,446 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 November 2018 - 07:41 AM

I would have it tomorrow but perhaps in Azure blue. That said not a massive uplift in Bhp from stock Nismo wonder what they can get out of it if they try a little harder. Also shows the stock 6 speed is able to take the extra power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• dj370zNismo, Paul_S and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

sml_gallery_123_431_228285.png

#24 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,231 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:20 AM

I wonder how much the kit would cost + fitting to a RHD car. Going the supercharger route might be a fair bit cheaper, for similar performance?

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#25 blobbish

blobbish

Club Secretary

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:43 AM

I wonder how much the kit would cost + fitting to a RHD car. Going the supercharger route might be a fair bit cheaper, for similar performance?

I think supercharging the current engine would be much cheaper, and give better performance. The question is how hard can you push the 3.0l TT and what performance will that give as 400BHP is a little on the conservative side.

• Chubbs and LESmo like this

Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

#26 milanored

milanored

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 10:38 AM

So someone takes a stock car bolts on few thousand dollars worth of extras as a show car to sell the bits as a kit later. I can't see what Nissan had to do with it am I missing something as I only scimmed over the article

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

#27 blobbish

blobbish

Club Secretary

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 November 2018 - 11:51 AM

So someone takes a stock car bolts on few thousand dollars worth of extras as a show car to sell the bits as a kit later. I can't see what Nissan had to do with it am I missing something as I only scimmed over the article

Thats the gist.

But I think its Nissan Motorsports saying 'here you go, a track ready car'

• milanored likes this

Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

#28 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,600 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:48 PM

And saying that it's possible and fairly easy, so Nissan could in theory perhaps do it themselves.
2007 350Z - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2004 Yaris 1.3 - It takes a little longer, but you'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.

#29 milanored

milanored

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:18 PM

And saying that it's possible and fairly easy, so Nissan could in theory perhaps do it themselves.

And put a nismo badge on it and sell a few

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings likes this

#30 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,446 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 November 2018 - 04:10 PM

Nissan did build the 370z Nismo RC for a while - thats no longer available from Nismo.  So I guess this is something to fill that gap.  A track day car that you can take a Standard 370z Nismo and tweak, but this won't be a cheap upgrade - whats the Engine and ECU alone?  Plus other bits. 

I think what blobbish is saying is right, you could hand this to any number of our traders and they could turn out a 400bhp Nismo with no real effort.  However if they were testing if the Infiniti TT engine could be a new model with a manual gearbox - and keep the 370z going for a few more years - then that test has told them what they needed to do.  

Perhaps we have seen the 50th Anniversary Model in prototype form after all they are selling more Nismo models than any other in the range  - 370z with a TT engine - after all that is what everyone has been asking for.  And the original V1 Nismo was originally designed by enthusiasts - Nissan asked them what they wanted and what it would look like.  So its been done before.  Also the V2 was released not at a mainstream car show - it was released at a Z Fest in North Carolina in the US.  So again its not a precedence to test run a new model at a enthusiasts show in the US first.

• Paul_S, Neutreus and milanored like this

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

sml_gallery_123_431_228285.png

#31 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,425 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 November 2018 - 05:15 PM

I very much hope this as a project car / mule for a future (most likely watered down) version.  I'd also like to think that they've mated the gearbox to the engine in such a way that it allows for a RHD version.  All they need to do now is fit a new infotainment system and it would really bring the car up to date.

Yes, they could add FI to the existing motor but that wouldn't be 'progress' from a future car point of view.  Also, as said, the V6 TT will be nicely tune-able for not a lot of cash (Nissan like to keep the aftermarket tuners in work don't they?)

It's interesting that the Nissan press release says it's running 18" wheels (I don't think it's a typo).

• LESmo likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#32 milanored

milanored

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 06:37 PM

Torqen now have the video on there Facebook page from sema would post it here but don't know how sorry paint job is stunning