#1 Kev T

Kev T

Zedling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 November 2018 - 04:44 PM

Hi all , I unfortunately allowed the battery on my 370 to go flat ( it was used for short journeys and been sitting on my drive for a while unused ) I have charged the battery but on starting the car it appears to have gone into limp mode i.e keeps revving between 1500 and 2000 rpm and won't drive correcly and smells very rich as well, anyone have ideas how to reset it ?

#2 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,446 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 November 2018 - 05:12 PM

Have you got a ODBII reader mate to see what the car thinks the issue is.  You could try resetting it.  There is a pedal dance method as well - but cannot recall that.

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

sml_gallery_123_431_228285.png

#3 Kev T

Kev T

Zedling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 November 2018 - 05:39 PM

Hi les, I have disconnected the battery to leave overnight  and see if that resets the Ecu as everything was fine until flat battery.

#4 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,446 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 November 2018 - 06:21 PM

I have been looking at posts and it has been used to clear limp mode - assuming there isn't some other reason for it.  Foot Dance method - I found as:

1) With the key in your pocket/car, push the Engine Start button TWICE (so the car is fully on, but not started)
2) Within three seconds of the car "ON" (again NOT started), Floor (all the way down) and Release the gas pedal fully 5 times within 5 seconds. Do not do this too fast.. 1..2..3..4..5
3) Wait 7 seconds then floor the gas pedal and hold for 10 seconds. After that 10 seconds the Check Engine Light will start to blink slowly.
4) Release the pedal and floor it down once again and hold for 10 seconds. After these 10 seconds the check engine light will disappear then begin to flash much more rapidly. After you have done the following turn the car off and then back on. The ECU is now reset!!

• Dave G likes this

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

#5 Kev T

Kev T

Zedling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 November 2018 - 07:40 PM

Cheers Les I will try that sequence tomorrow.

#6 Kev T

Kev T

Zedling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 November 2018 - 11:57 AM

Les thank you so much for the pedal dance info it worked a treat today, the old girl is up and running smoothly again. :biggrin2:

• LESmo, Paul_S and Dave G like this

#7 blobbish

blobbish

Club Secretary

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 November 2018 - 12:22 PM

Les thank you so much for the pedal dance info it worked a treat today, the old girl is up and running smoothly again. :biggrin2:

Thats good to hear Kev. I would however still check with an ODBII reader, just to remove any temporary codes that may be there.

Also, as you had a flat battery, remember to do the window reset, on both windows, if you have not already done so.

• Paul_S likes this

Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

#8 Kev T

Kev T

Zedling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 November 2018 - 12:49 PM

Cheers Blobbish, I have done the window reset as well, I will try and find my OBDII reader and see what it says.

#9 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,446 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 November 2018 - 02:53 PM

Good to hear mate.  Glad its sorted - There will be some learning to do now by the car it took me about 12 miles when I did a complete reset.  If you have a MOT anytime soon its worth making sure this has happened.  Probably needs a bit of a run anyway :lol: