Posted Image

Photo

'Electrified Z & GT-R' rumour c/o Top Gear...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,231 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 November 2018 - 05:18 PM

I know this is peanut crumbs, but anyway... Jean-Pierre Diernaz, Nissan's Vice President of marketing in Europe has been answering Top Gear's questions, without actually saying anything...

“I don’t see electrification and sports cars as technologies that are conflicting,” Diernaz told us. “Maybe it’s the other way around, sports cars can benefit lots from electrification. At the end of the day, a motor and battery are much easier to move from one platform to another, from one sub-segment to another, than a full internal combustion set-up.”

'Which leads us to question when Nissan’s two sports cars – the 370Z and GT-R, both now over ten years old – will be properly replaced. “It’s work in progress! Not everything is confirmed in terms of dates. Sports cars are part of who we are, so one way or another they have to be there.”

Full article here:

https://www.topgear....-be-electrified

Well there we are then - none the wiser, although if Top Gear were actually, really, officially told that a 370z replacement is 'work in progress', that's progress in itself, isn't it?

• LESmo likes this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#2 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,446 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 November 2018 - 05:29 PM

Indeed Chubbs.

To recap - The Nissan executive said he fancied Steak this evening, as it met all the chriteria for a meal.   Indeed the Nissan HQ had it on its menu.   Therefore the next Zed and GTR will be powered by Cow Poo...  :lol:

I will be sure to get electric pickup fitted to my retirement bungalow.  :blush:    

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

sml_gallery_123_431_228285.png