#1 mrbrightside

mrbrightside

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 11:31 PM

hi all

just wanted to see if anyone had any advice on rust with 370z (2011). i have a few spots ive noticed, some probably just from stone chips but seen some others which are making me concerned. first is the bonnet at the front right next to the headlight, im sure i read the bonnet was aluminium? so more aluminium corrosion.

the other is the strut bar bolts which have completely rusted but im unsure how? any advice about whether i should be concerned of something serious? otherwise i will just replace the bolts and have a word with nissan re corrosion warranty

#2 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,231 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 November 2018 - 07:29 AM

Sorry to hear of this. It would be good to see some photos of the problem areas, if possible?

For example, when you say the strut bar bolts are, 'completely rusted', it would be interesting to see what you mean.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#3 blobbish

blobbish

Club Secretary

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 November 2018 - 07:50 AM

I would agree, photos will help.

I had some corrosion on my bonnet and decided to have it resprayed when i got my Amuze kit fitted. I have also wrapped the front of the car completely (A pillar, bonnet, front quarter, bumper) to minimise the some chips.

The only way i can see the front strut bolts rusting is if water is passing the rubber inlays, allowing water into the engine bay. I never directly pressure wash the bonnet/front quarter.

Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

#4 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,425 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 November 2018 - 08:47 PM

The fixings for the strut brace are a mixture of nuts and bolts so I hope it's just the parts that unscrew which need replacing.  Mine aren't great (2009 car) and I did plan to replace them a couple of years ago but still haven't got round to it.

I wish you the best with Nissan but do be aware that the corrosion warranty doesn't apply to nuts & bolts or bodywork rust from 'from the outside' i.e. stone chips.

• Chubbs likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY