#1 Kev T

Kev T

Zedling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 November 2018 - 04:14 PM

DSC_3724.jpg My new steering wheel supplied by Jack @ Royal steering wheels, fited today and is sooo much nicer than the OEM. Makes the driving experience even better !

If anyone is thinking of replacing their wheel get in touch with Jack who is a top bloke with a great product at a reasonable price.

• Chubbs, Paul_S, milanored and 1 other like this

#2 milanored

milanored

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 05:00 PM

Nice make sure you wear gloves with that suede

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

#3 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,452 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 November 2018 - 06:13 PM

Nice wheel mate.  I am thinking of buying a new one for the Nismo for the 50th next year and then I will likely send the old one off for re-trim as a spare for the future.  Love it though

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

sml_gallery_123_431_228285.png

#4 Cray Z

Cray Z

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 07:52 PM

Looks very nice. Pretty much the reverse of the nismo wheel. Suede is in the wrong place on the nismo imo. Good job well done ;)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  • Chubbs likes this

#5 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,437 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 November 2018 - 08:51 PM

Yes, nice!

I have a spare standard steering wheel lying about so if anyone is thinking of having theirs done their car needn't be off the road whilst it's done.  Some firms (Royal Steering wheels being among them I think) have a spare 370Z wheel already though.

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#6 fastfu

fastfu

Zedlister

• User (10)
  • 94 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 November 2018 - 09:22 PM

I really like that.

#7 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:05 PM

Looks very nice. Pretty much the reverse of the nismo wheel. Suede is in the wrong place on the nismo imo. Good job well done ;)

Love the alcantara on my Nismo steering wheel, however I may get the whole steering wheel done in alcantara.

Alcantara may not be as hard wearing as leather however feels very special.

Im thinking of getting the dashboard and centre console redone in alcantara similar to the McLaren interiors, should really lift the interior.

#8 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:06 PM

attachicon.gifDSC_3724.jpg My new steering wheel supplied by Jack @ Royal steering wheels, fited today and is sooo much nicer than the OEM. Makes the driving experience even better !

If anyone is thinking of replacing their wheel get in touch with Jack who is a top bloke with a great product at a reasonable price.

Congrats, looks fantastic.

Had a few steering wheels done by Jack, his attention to detail is second to none.

How did he manage to get the bottom of the steering wheel flat?

#9 Cray Z

Cray Z

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:26 PM

Congrats, looks fantastic.

Had a few steering wheels done by Jack, his attention to detail is second to none.

How did he manage to get the bottom of the steering wheel flat?

Defo feels nice and special looking. But it gets dirty and doesnt wear well. I guess we just need to look after it. Anyone got any recommendations of cleaning and reconditioning it?

#10 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:49 PM

A few have recommended Autogym Interior Shampoo

#11 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,452 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:34 AM

I have a Alacatra Brush in the car and that seems to bring it back to life but I can feel a part of the rear of the wheel and thats still original and there is definately a difference.  After 5 years (nearly) I do need a new steering wheel as the leather at the buttom is scuffed. 

This is a good addition for the wheel for the alcantara - I tend to use this when the wheel feels dull - and have used the suggestion above for cleaning as well.  The Brush isn't very big and I keep it in my drivers side door pocket.  I also have another one I use for mats etc.

https://www.amazon.c...e?ie=UTF8&psc=1

41a-tQF-hdL.jpg

• Cray Z likes this

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

sml_gallery_123_431_228285.png

#12 Kev T

Kev T

Zedling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:09 AM

The wear aspect of Alacantara was the main reason i opted to have perforated leather on the sides of the wheel where my hands sit most of the time.

Jack recommended wiping the Alacantara with a damp microfibre when washing the car.

• Paul_S likes this

#13 blobbish

blobbish

Club Secretary

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:29 AM

Jack recommended wiping the Alacantara with a damp microfibre when washing the car.

I do this on my NISMO steering wheel, but it still feels 'hard and squished' compared to when I bought it.

Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

#14 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,238 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 November 2018 - 10:06 AM

Nice! Is the new rim fatter than standard, or is that my imagination?

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#15 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,780 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 November 2018 - 10:10 AM

It might be chubbier....
  • Chubbs, Paul_S and ChasGFL like this
62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

#16 Kev T

Kev T

Zedling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:00 PM

Yes i had the new wheel circumferance made 1mm thicker and it is very noticeable when driving.

#17 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,437 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 November 2018 - 07:38 PM

Mine is thicker, and nicer for it too.  But I sometimes wonder if they only recommend increasing the width because that's what naturally happens when the original wheel is recovered.

It would be interesting to ask for a thinner one :lol:

• Chubbs likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY