LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,905 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:18 PM

350z ...  He liked it.

• Paul_S and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this
Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start ButtonGT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Posted Image

#2 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 11:29 PM

That was a very good watch.  And an even better listen . . . at certain times.  :drive1 :D

For a second I nearly thought he was going to go the right way just before the reveal - even though I doubted that he would (as we all know you don't find Zeds, and people don't find them for you, Zeds tend to find you) - but in the end he surprised me with his choice.  A good investment decision though.

2007 350Z (my second Zed) - ". . . vigorously shakes out all your loose change and sends you hyperventilating on your way".
2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Far less pretentious though - good.

#3 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,905 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 November 2018 - 06:15 AM

I have really enjoyed that series - a good watch on a Monday night.  I did wonder when a Zed would appear.  I didn't realise until I researched that Elo owned the London Motor Museum. 

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings likes this
Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start ButtonGT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Posted Image

#4 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 02:47 PM

Well, you live and learn. That explains a lot. Lucky man.

I've never seen a full one before, but I might even though I cringe at the idea of asking a TV program or writing to a car magazine to help me choose or find a car.

It looks like the track they use is The Snake at Chobham. Is it?

2007 350Z (my second Zed) - ". . . vigorously shakes out all your loose change and sends you hyperventilating on your way".
2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Far less pretentious though - good.

#5 milanored

milanored

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 03:53 PM

I like the programme but the guy who does the classics is a bit over enthusiastic with the presenting in my view . I would go as far as to say he gets on my t**s.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  • Chubbs and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

#6 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,637 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 November 2018 - 07:57 PM

I tried watching this series of shows in case a Z came up one day, but to be honest I couldn't stand it. Give me Wheeler Dealers anyday! I even like Fast N' Loud and Dream Cars (how they're made lol) :)

Posted Image

A to Zee to B

#7 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:02 PM

I generally agree, but as the programme in question has a young lady who enthusiastically chose a Zed I'm willing to grant it a bit of leeway.  Well, actually quite a bit of leeway considering how good they made it sound.  :wub:

• Chubbs likes this

#8 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,637 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 November 2018 - 10:08 AM

Found it on catch-up & watched the bit with the Z in (you're right about how good it sounded - but no more than it deserved). Thanks for the tip-off Les. Not only did they make it sound good, but it looked lovely too. From the looks on the female presenter's face I don't think he was the best of drivers and therefore didn't qualify to own a Z. He'd probably have slapped it within 6 months. He was made for one of the lesser cars. Which one did he finally chose?

Now, back to good ol' Wheeler Dealers... :)

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings and milanored like this

Posted Image

A to Zee to B

#9 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,905 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 November 2018 - 10:33 AM

Which one did he finally chose?

BMW M3 with something like 170k on the clock.  Even the presenter questioned the logic of that one.  Its a collector car for sure, but not with that mileage and not for a everyday car.  It was also pre Traction so I wonder if he has dropped it yet (if he hasn't the winter should sort that out)

• Chubbs and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

Posted Image

#10 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 10:34 PM

It was a good programme, as all the cars were markedly different.

My money would have been on him going for the A5, as that seemed to tick most of the boxes he'd set for them, but as his previous car was a Beemer it did seem that he'd developed a strong bond with the mark of Bavaria.  My biggest concern - or the thing that offended my sense of mechanical sympathy the most - is that he redlined it before he got out of the garage.  Admittedly it has probably had similarly bad or worse treatment at times over its life, but if he could have kept it in good condition for a while it could have been a good buy for him - on the basis of other, lower-mileage E36s.

The Zed was still far and away the best of the bunch though.  Again, what a noise.  That was probably the greatest sound heard on British television this year, and that includes both the Bunnymen and Interpol on Jools Holland last month. :lol:

• Chubbs and LESmo like this

#11 ChasGFL

ChasGFL

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 November 2018 - 11:55 AM

Can't say I've ever heard of this programme before, an enjoyable enough watch but shocking decision by the punter and quite illogical (almost the first thing he said about the Zed was that it wasn't a convertible!) - like you APOFW thought he'd go for the Audi as it actually met most of his requirements although the Zed was definitely the pick of the bunch.

On that showing I don't think I'll be hurrying to watch the programme again.

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings likes this

#12 milanored

milanored

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 03:11 PM

Can't say I've ever heard of this programme before, an enjoyable enough watch but shocking decision by the punter and quite illogical (almost the first thing he said about the Zed was that it wasn't a convertible!) - like you APOFW thought he'd go for the Audi as it actually met most of his requirements although the Zed was definitely the pick of the bunch.

On that showing I don't think I'll be hurrying to watch the programme again.

Can't help but think it was staged. He had a beat up beemer wanted a change so bought another with 177 thousands miles on it. Nothing as queer as folk

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk