Posted Image

Photo

Nismo Leaf Nissan claims 3.4 seconds for the 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 milanored

milanored

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 10:41 AM

Not sure about  the wording NISSAN INTELLIGENT MOBILITY makes it sound like a scooter you get in benedorm, but a great looking car and if you care, zero emissions for all our tree hugging friends

https://www.carscoop...onocoque-322hp/

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings likes this

#2 blobbish

blobbish

Club Secretary

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 November 2018 - 11:13 AM

Well my first thoughts are its not as impressive as first made out. Now I have only looked for 5 minutes so I could be wrong, but its 2x more powerful than the leaf........could that be because it has 2 electric motors...... power output is also near 2x that of the leaf.

As for tree hugging friendly. All electric cars are doing at this moment in time is moving the pollution from the car, to the power station. Also once you factor in the CO2 needed to create the batteries there not that environmentally friendly as they seem.

Although people are fickle and only see whats in front of them and are quick to forget.

I do like the looks from the front and the side though. Rear not so much, looks like a hover craft or a tank.

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings likes this
Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

#3 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,933 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 03:13 PM

I read a similar story earlier today, and thought: Exciting times in Tree-huggerland. More of the soya milk and yogurt they buy - and that isn't delivered by a diesel delivery van - will be turning to cheese.

I also generally agree with the point that it is just moving the emissions from the vehicle to the power station. Although the contribution from renewables might reduce that. A bigger concern is surely the increased demand on the electricity generating system as a whole. Sooner or later something has got to give. I just hope it isn't the supply to, say, a hospital.

Another concern is that I wish they'd make them louder. At the moment a very fast and very sleek electric car is probably the best silent assassin there is. They need something like the things some of us probably used to put on our bike spokes when we were younger to avoid catching more pedestrians out.

2007 350Z (my second Zed) - ". . . vigorously shakes out all your loose change and sends you hyperventilating on your way".
2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Far less pretentious though - good.

#4 Gav C

Gav C

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 06:17 PM

Very nice looking, reminds me of one of the LM cars in GT4 but....it`s electric  :(

Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev  remap