Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 34,031 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 December 2018 - 11:10 AM

Just a few notes for those attending today -

Secret Santa

Please leave your secret santa presents with reception.

AGM

The AGM is held in the board room in the old house at 14:00.  You will need a code to open the front door.  Please ask for the code (I won't post it on the open forum for obvious reasons).

Tea and coffee will be supplied.  You are welcome to bring a drink over from the bar.

WiFi

There are multiple WiFi access points around the venue.  The access code is the same for all.

Fun

Have lots :)

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#3 nacnud

nacnud

International Zedlister

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 December 2018 - 11:16 AM

Hope you all have a great time!
Cheers

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk
  • Paul_S likes this
John D. B) 

#4 Neutreus

Neutreus

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 2,563 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 December 2018 - 03:24 PM

Have a great Xmas do folks, I shall raise a toast to you all at my work do tonight!

2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - Optional extras: Dynamic pack, black styling pack, Audi sound system, cruise control, reversing camera, advanced key, electric folding body coloured mirrors, electrically adjustable lumbar support and non smokers pack.
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition (manual) - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers, Black 'Z' badges, removal of GT Edition stripes - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

#5 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,812 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 December 2018 - 12:49 PM

Arriving a little under the sorts. By the end of the night I was feeling much more on sorts. So the event must have picked me up.

Had a great night with great Company which finished off with an active debate about Lewis Hamilton. We also covered Drugs and Violence, as well as other topics.

Thank you to Santa for my lovely mug I will use it at work with pride - remind everyone what my best side looks like.

Not any pics from the night but went on the search for some of the club cars early this morning. So a few from the car park,

Thanks to Paul for organising. I thought it a great venue. The food was good and you cannot complain one little bit about the service.

So here goes while you slept I crept around the car park. I also managed to recalibrate my drivers door window I had meant to fix for a while. Amazing what you can do at 6:30am

c0bea03eab5fbcb542fe9e822cdb883e.jpg

20dc9a0fcb47a53cb1bdfea3ea8a3429.jpg

59d7f94cb3cce0891f09d14a57ad7b5e.jpg

54acd3dc0d6e0e29607a9b9620a52abe.jpg

063d96f408bcfc73046669d7b94719db.jpg

bcce2a04adec134c16389afa5927d630.jpg

Apologies for not having pictures of the Abarth I did look at it, It was really nice and the Panda. Plus any other cars I missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Chubbs, Paul_S, A Pair Of Flabby Wings and 2 others like this
Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start ButtonGT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Posted Image

#6 vjordon

vjordon

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 12:51 PM

I would just like to say a massive thank-you to all concerned with the organisation and running of the Christmas party, i know how this must have been a headache and worry.

The venue was brilliant in all ways from the staff through to the room and food.

I had a fantastic time and meeting all you lovely people was a bonus and i cannot wait to my next nissansportz club outing.

Might be an idea to use the venue for a summer meet/BBQ ??

Vicky xx  

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings likes this

#7 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 03:11 PM

What a great place and what fantastic company. It was wonderful to meet all of you either again or for the first time. Like Vicky, I can't wait for the next one and certainly wouldn't object to going to Stanwick again.

Extra thanks to my Secret Santa buyer too. The worrying thing is you must have been privy to a few private conversations at home about the usefulness of another robust little torch for minor emergencies. :thumbs:

The only thing I could have wished for is more open tyre fitters in southern Lincolnshire. As some of you noticed, the slow puncture I thought I had on my new(-ish) Yaris turned into a full blown flat this morning.

I had a can of sealant, which got me to Stamford. However, after driving around several tyre depots in that locality, none of the blighters were open or didn't actually fit tyres (despite a quick web search suggesting otherwise). So I went a bit further to Grantham and eventually found the Halfords Autocentre. They didn't have any tyres of the right size in, but did point me in the direction of Kwik Fit, who, after a ten minute wait, did.

I suspect that the tyre, which was recently fitted after an issue at its last MOT, had a problem, and the manager said he was happy to let me know what the problem was, and if it was a fitting error is happy to put that on the invoice too, which will allow me to harangue the dealer's warranty and get a refund. The only funny thing is that the manager of Kwik Fit here (where I'm waiting with a coffee) is a doppelganger for Kimi Raikkonen, and if I had radio contact with the dealer I would emulate some of his messages.

Anyway, hopefully I will be home in the next couple of hours, and will report further. When I've rehaired the dog with a drop more Port, which I'm feeling very much in need of now.
  • Chubbs and vjordon like this

2007 350Z (my second Zed) - ". . . vigorously shakes out all your loose change and sends you hyperventilating on your way".
2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Far less pretentious though - good.

#8 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,812 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 December 2018 - 03:17 PM

Its turned into a bit of an adventure and not a great day by the sounds of it.  Hope you get it sorted soon and back on the road.  

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start ButtonGT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Posted Image

#9 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 34,031 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 December 2018 - 04:48 PM

A big thanks to everyone who came.  I hope you all had as much fun as Sarah and I did!

Other than the little hiccup with the room for the AGM (which was resolved nice and quickly) I think the venue was brilliant.  The best one we've been to ever I think.  We should definitely find a reason to go back there.

The food was excellent too - quite often an Xmas meal can taste a bit 'mass produced' but it was very tasty.

I thought the DJ was very good and changed the music to suite the audience.  The Ace of Spades isn't the most Christmassy song but it had to be done!  I'm quite surprised I only fell over the once when we moshed :lol:

It was great to see everyone.  What a top bunch of people.  Lovely to meet you Averil.  Lovely see you back at the party again Joan.

Thanks to the 2 Johns for the photo's from Japan.  I really enjoyed the slide show and hearing about your visit.

I hardly took any photos.  I'll see if any of them came out.

Sorry to hear about your tyre problems Michael.  Sarah & I and Sean & Cathy went for a good walk to clear our heads before heading off home.  The journey was a good one with the exception of a HIPPO Sack sized bag full of loft insulation sitting in lace 2 of the motorway causing mayhem.  Luckily the traffic was light and everyone seemed to avoid it.

• Chubbs, A Pair Of Flabby Wings and vjordon like this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#10 ChasGFL

ChasGFL

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 December 2018 - 05:35 PM

Fantastic evening great to see everyone again and meet some more people for the first time. Sorry there were a few of you I didn't get to speak to.

After reading about your troubles APOFW I won't complain about my 3 mile trek home ;)
  • A Pair Of Flabby Wings and vjordon like this

#11 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 06:51 PM

Thank you all - and particularly thank you Chas for clearing up what happened to Rushden & Diamonds FC over the last fifteen years.  As ever, it always helps to know the right people . . .  :)

Yes, I think one way or another my tyre search and other accidental detours/getting lost added about another 30 miles to my journey home if not a little more.  It was a good adventure, and certainly a good way to bond with a car, particularly when a two mile journey back to the A1 turned into a twenty mile exploration of the B-roads of Lincolnshire.  If I'd realised I was going to be spending so much time there this afternoon I could have my jacket dry cleaned as well, to remove the overspray it seemed to have caught last night.

At least the tyre wasn't my fault.  It appears it wasn't sealed fully to the rim, so tomorrow morning someone or other is going to get a strip torn off them in more ways than one.

Still enjoyed last night and this morning though.  And the AGM, etc were more than tolerable too.

• ChasGFL likes this

2007 350Z (my second Zed) - ". . . vigorously shakes out all your loose change and sends you hyperventilating on your way".
2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Far less pretentious though - good.

#12 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 09:59 PM

Back to last night.  PaulW was pleasantly surprised to find that no-one had taken his cherry.  Or indeed both of them . . .

IMG_20181201_234948.jpg

• Chilli Red and vjordon like this

#13 PaulW

PaulW

Committee Member

• Administrators (10)
  • 7,535 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 02:50 PM

What a fantastic event, first thanks to Paul for organising it and second thanks to everyone for making it so enjoyable, nice venue, nice food and drinks with great company, what's not to like. Must say it's funny to see how many different cars are in the car park for a nissansportz party these days!! 

Sorry to hear your pain Michael, glad it turned into an adventure.

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings and vjordon like this

gallery_245_423_13930.png

#14 vjordon

vjordon

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 02:16 PM

What a fantastic event, first thanks to Paul for organising it and second thanks to everyone for making it so enjoyable, nice venue, nice food and drinks with great company, what's not to like. Must say it's funny to see how many different cars are in the car park for a nissansportz party these days!! 

Sorry to hear your pain Michael, glad it turned into an adventure.

I agree with all of that 100% Paul … as for the cars, I am afraid that I was one of the few that let the club down with a different car  :sorry2: I am a bit of a wimp when it comes to driving the Z in the rain... but I also want to keep it near to perfect condition, so it stays in the garage until a dry day.

Vicky xx

• Paul_S and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Events 2018