#1 jack_t

jack_t

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 06:20 PM

Hi everyone, I'm Jack.

Been lurking around here for about 6 months now while trying to find the right Zed for me. Finally taking the plunge and should be collecting my 2010 370z at the end of this week all being well!

Will post some pictures up when I get her home. So far it's been the longest week of my life.

Wish me luck!
  • Chubbs, Paul_S, Dave G and 2 others like this

#2 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,600 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 December 2018 - 07:31 PM

Good luck Jack!

...and a very warm welcome to the club. Tell us a bit more about the car and your location? Take care with your right foot when you're driving it home in this weather - she's a deceptively quick, powerful little engine.

• jack_t likes this

Posted Image

A to Zee to B

#3 jack_t

jack_t

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 07:48 PM

Hi Chubbs,

It's a 2010 370z GT with a manual box in black. 52k miles on the clock and 100% stock. I am in the southeast of Kent (just outside Dover). I'm buying the car from RG Car Sales nr Sevenoaks.

Thanks for the advice! I will definitely be taking it easy throughout the winter months and while I get used to the car. I'm coming from a small hatchback so this will be my first (and probably only) big engined RWD sports car.
  • Chubbs and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

#4 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,600 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 December 2018 - 09:19 PM

It might be worth checking the steering lock module when you get the car. It's one of the very few things that have been known to fail on one or two cars, leaving the owner unable to drive. Here is one of the earlier threads on the issue - http://forums.nissan...g-lock-failure/

If you search 'steering lock' several more threads can be found on the subject. If you need any help understanding where the module is, and how to identify the part number to see if you're vulnerable, just ask.

If you're near to Dover, you're not far from Paul_S - and that's not a bad thing, by any means - he's an absolute goldmine of information & knowledge on these cars.

• jack_t likes this

Posted Image

A to Zee to B

#5 jack_t

jack_t

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 09:34 PM

Yes, I have read some posts about the steering lock issue and was going to investigate to see if the car would be at risk. If you have a link for the info on it that would be handy, if not I'm sure I can find it by searching.

First thing I did was message Paul about his reversing camera kit which I am keen to get my hands on, would be a great addition to the car.

*EDIT: I have found Paul's threads on the issue and I'll be sure to check my car when I get it home :)

Edited by jack_t, 11 December 2018 - 09:52 PM.

• Chubbs likes this

#6 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,600 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 December 2018 - 10:02 PM

I fitted one of Paul's kits on my previous 370 - which was a 2010, like yours. I have to say it was better than the factory fitted camera I have on my current car, because it was in a more central location than the factory camera and the lens didn't get dirty so easily.

• jack_t likes this

Posted Image

A to Zee to B

#7 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,933 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 10:54 PM

Hello, and welcome.  :hello:

Good luck at the end of the week.  I hope it more than lives up to expectations - even the reversing, as it is. :D 

• jack_t likes this

2007 350Z (my second Zed) - ". . . vigorously shakes out all your loose change and sends you hyperventilating on your way".
2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Far less pretentious though - good.

#8 jack_t

jack_t

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 11:54 PM

- even the reversing, as it is. :D 

This made me chuckle.

Thanks for the kind words :D
  • A Pair Of Flabby Wings likes this

#9 Kev T

Kev T

Zedling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 December 2018 - 09:03 AM

Hello and welcome.

• jack_t likes this

#10 milanored

milanored

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 09:55 AM

Welcome to the fold

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  • jack_t likes this

#11 John_K

John_K

Zedlet

• Moderators
  • 791 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 December 2018 - 10:20 AM

welcome Jack, the wait will be worth it

Paul's kit is invaluable, mine was fitted within a week of ownership of the car. I don't know how I survived that week!

• jack_t likes this
Black Pearl 2010 (60) 370Z Auto GT Pack Connect Premium - 'Cool Dad'
EBC Ultimax (slotted) front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads
- auf wiedersehen pet
Storm White 2014 (64) 370Z Nismo #376 - the new 'Cool Dad'

#12 jack_t

jack_t

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 10:48 AM

Hi Kev, milanored and John.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

How worried should I be about this steering lock issue? Just reading through all the numerous threads is starting to make me sweat. :D
  • milanored likes this

#13 John_K

John_K

Zedlet

• Moderators
  • 791 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 December 2018 - 10:57 AM

I had my 2010 for just shy of 5 years, was never an issue
Black Pearl 2010 (60) 370Z Auto GT Pack Connect Premium - 'Cool Dad'
EBC Ultimax (slotted) front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads
- auf wiedersehen pet
Storm White 2014 (64) 370Z Nismo #376 - the new 'Cool Dad'

#14 Kev T

Kev T

Zedling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 December 2018 - 11:07 AM

As a 2010 model it should have been done as a recall ( mine was ) so there should be some form of history in the service book but even if the lock has been replaced my advice would be to pull the fuse anyway.

• Chubbs likes this

#15 ChasGFL

ChasGFL

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 December 2018 - 11:14 AM

Welcome Jack, enjoy your new car!

#16 Jeff-W

Jeff-W

Events/OCDT

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,986 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 December 2018 - 12:41 PM

Welcome to nissansportz, Jack. Please fire away with any questions you may have, steering locks included. There is a deep pool of knowledge on the forum so, if you want info on anything, just ask away and one of our learned contributors will get back to you as soon as they can.

Jeff.
Fred I - 350Z 2007 Gunmetal. 6 CD changer, full leather, reverse sensors. SOLD.
Fred II - 370Z GT 2011 Gunmetal. Premium connect. GT spec. Seriously un-modified. See-through windows, and a wheel at each corner. Sold 13 July 14. Gone.
Fred III - 2014 facelift 370GT. Magma red. Reversing sensors. Invidia Gemini CBE. Sold 2 April 2016.
Fred IV - 2016 Daytona Blue 370Z GT. Reversing sensors. K & N panel filters. Invidia Gemini CBE. Full front wrap - Ventureshield II.

#17 vjordon

vjordon

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 01:48 PM

Good afternoon Jack ..

It is a welcome from me too, What you have in this club is a fantastic bunch of guys and girls that are always willing to help if they can.

You will also have the chance to meet most of them and their cars at events throughout the year .... Leeds Castle being one of them.

Vicky xx 

#18 jack_t

jack_t

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 03:29 PM

Hi Chas, Jeff and Vicky.

Thanks for the welcome :)

#19 blobbish

blobbish

Club Secretary

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 December 2018 - 03:53 PM

How worried should I be about this steering lock issue? Just reading through all the numerous threads is starting to make me sweat. :D

Its like eating chips on Weston-Super-Mare beach. You could be fine or a seagull could swoop down and take them.

Mine was replaced, but I don't want to take a risk so I've pulled the fuse, as Nissan are very hit and miss with their goodwill and I done want to shell out that sort of money when its easily avoided. It always seems to happen at the most inconvenient time as well.

However, there are a lot of our members with 370's and we have had very few reported.  But this is a decision you have to make.

You may also have to wait a while for one of Pauls reversing cameras, given his NavTool issues.

P.S welcome to the club  :D

Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

#20 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,600 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:05 PM

Its like eating chips on Weston-Super-Mare beach. You could be fine or a seagull could swoop down and take them.

Mine was replaced, but I don't want to take a risk so I've pulled the fuse, as Nissan are very hit and miss with their goodwill and I done want to shell out that sort of money when its easily avoided. It always seems to happen at the most inconvenient time as well.

However, there are a lot of our members with 370's and we have had very few reported.  But this is a decision you have to make.

You may also have to wait a while for one of Pauls reversing cameras, given his NavTool issues.

P.S welcome to the club  :D

...I think that 'NavTool' USA (who have stolen a great deal of Paul's money) was only used as part of the slightly older 370z audio systems (eg 2009 cars)*. If Jack's 2010 car has the newer, 'Connect Premium' system I think he'll be OK for a reversing camera kit, because it doesn't use navtool, supplied by that disgraceful, thieving bunch of New York criminals. Just to confuse things a bit, some 2010 cars have the older system, some the newer!

Here's a link to the 'newer' reversing camera kit - http://forums.nissan...oom-and-camera/

I keep meaning to pull the fuse on my steering lock, then promptly forgetting. I'll regret not doing it one day.

*of course, I may be wrong - as I often am :)

• jack_t likes this

Posted Image

A to Zee to B