• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,768 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 10:38 PM

Late-ish this afternoon, while passing the BP petrol station (formerly known as Long's Corner) on the A63(T) at Howden, East Yorks, a 54-plate Gun Metal 350Z coupe was seen just about to leave the station forecourt, and in an apparently very polite way.  It was a very pleasant surprise, as the garage is usually frequented by yokels in vans and pick-ups as well as reps all of whom seem to have an attitude problem.

There was also a cosmic irony in the fact that as it was leaving the forecourt a white GT86 was just pulling in.  My very brief internal dialogue went along the lines of: "Would I want the Zed or the Toyota?", "I hate the word "or", but which would be the shopping cart?".  And then I went home and bled the clutch of my shopping cart, wondering whether either the other Zed or the GT86 needed or would be improved by it . . ?

2007 350Z (my second Zed) - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Far less pretentious though - good.