45 replies to this topic

#1 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,951 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:29 PM

Am I the only one who didn’t know the 370z has follow me home lights... why after nearly 5 years have I just found this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Chubbs, A Pair Of Flabby Wings and David_R like this
Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start ButtonGT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Posted Image

#2 Cray Z

Cray Z

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:32 PM

Hmm you didn't know?? How did you find out?

Cus I didn't know either lol!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  • LESmo likes this

#3 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,951 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 December 2018 - 02:04 PM

I was cleaning the dash and stumbled across it.  I guess its in the manual somewhere.  

1.  Switch Engine Off and Door Closed.  (Lights are in Auto all the time so cannot say if that's needed or not)

2. Flash Headlights

Close and Lock Doors - seems to stay on about 20 Seconds.  I can not see anywhere to adjust the times.

I can honestly say I was un-aware.  

• Paul_S likes this
Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start ButtonGT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Posted Image

#4 Cray Z

Cray Z

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 02:24 PM

Me to Led, i was only pulling your leg.

It's a nice feature I guess. However most smart phones have built in torches nowadays, doubt I would use it. Maybe to show off?? Lol

It would be handy if you could get the headlights to come on from the remote. Like when you are looking for your car in a big car park in the dark ;)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  • LESmo and nacnud like this

#5 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,638 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 December 2018 - 07:54 PM

Am I the only one who didn’t know the 370z has follow me home lights... why after nearly 5 years have I just found this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You found it before I did! Well done!

• LESmo and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

Posted Image

A to Zee to B

#6 Wayne370Z

Wayne370Z

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 January 2019 - 12:08 PM

It`s not something I would use, so, if I did know about it when I got it, I`ve since forgotten about it.  (along with a lot of the other features).

• LESmo likes this

Wayne.         2013 370Z GT Edition Storm White

#7 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,951 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 January 2019 - 02:22 PM

Did anyone know about this? I looked on the web and there is no mention of it.

Or have I found the new feature?

Posted Image

#8 Gav C

Gav C

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 03:33 PM

What exactly are "follow me home lights" Les?

I saw the auto off lights in the manual though.

• LESmo likes this
Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev  remap 

#9 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,951 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 January 2019 - 04:42 PM

The Headlights can be switched on for a period of 20 seconds while you lock the car and find the door.  In that sense light your way home.  

They don't seem to switch off straight away when the car is locked. 

• Gav C likes this

Posted Image

#10 Gav C

Gav C

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 05:11 PM

The Headlights can be switched on for a period of 20 seconds while you lock the car and find the door.  In that sense light your way home.  

They don't seem to switch off straight away when the car is locked. 

Ah, I see now, though no good to me as my headlights face across the road when I park up  :lol:

• Chubbs and LESmo like this
Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev  remap 

#11 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,951 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 January 2019 - 05:53 PM

Probably undocumented as no one has found any use for it so far...  :lol:

Posted Image

#12 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,117 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:35 PM

You've made me wonder if the GT-R has this! Can't try at the moment but even if it has I have to park nose against a brick wall so wouldn't help much...
  • LESmo likes this

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

#13 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,117 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:13 PM

Answer: Yes it does, but.... the rear lights come on too so may well be useful.

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

#14 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 6,063 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:16 PM

If rear lights stay on aren't they "Followed Me Home Lights"? :D

In truth, I didn't realise headlights that can remain on were (sometimes) referred to as "Follow Me Home Lights".  I may have to peruse a manual or two now.  Although I think I might have noticed a switch or button marked "FMH", and been curious.  Very curious . . . :blush: 

• LESmo likes this

2007 350Z (my second Zed) - When you give up driving, you’re not going to look back wistfully on the car you owned with the nicest dashboard top or speaker grilles. You’re going to remember a car for its excitement and how it made you feel.
2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Far less pretentious though.

#15 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,951 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:38 AM

You have had a few GT-R John - is this a documented feature on those cars.  I am very excited while not the most useful feature I still seem to have found something which is not commonly known - like no mention on the web for the 370z...  :yahoo:

Its the car that just keeps giving....  Now if I can find the button with the extra 100bhp....

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings likes this

Posted Image

#16 Dave G

Dave G

Zedlet

• Members (10)
  • 429 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:53 PM

I remember reading this in the manual when I first got the car but had forgotten all about it.  Here'e the relevant page(s) from the manual:

Auto Headlights.JPG

And the timer adjustment:

Comfort Settings.JPG

I actually tried it last night, not totally useless if someone at home forgets to turn the outside lights on in winter!  Of course only helpful if your car is right outside your front door...

Dave

• Chubbs, LESmo and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

#17 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,638 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 January 2019 - 01:04 PM

Excellent find, Dave. Now all I need to do is rebuild my house so the front door is facing the car when I park at night (or maybe go into the drive forwards, instead of reversing in).

• Dave G and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

Posted Image

A to Zee to B

#18 Dave G

Dave G

Zedlet

• Members (10)
  • 429 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 01:09 PM

...Now all I need to do is rebuild my house so the front door is facing the car when I park at night (or maybe go into the drive forwards, instead of reversing in).

One of these options is easier...

• Chubbs, A Pair Of Flabby Wings and Gav C like this

#19 milanored

milanored

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:30 PM

Excellent find, Dave. Now all I need to do is rebuild my house so the front door is facing the car when I park at night (or maybe go into the drive forwards, instead of reversing in).

Maybe you could move house to use this new found feature

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  • Chubbs, Dave G and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

#20 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,951 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 January 2019 - 04:55 PM

Dave - you have burst my bubble :lol:

I have actually never been in the comfort menu - something new to explore. 

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings likes this

Posted Image