#21 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,415 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 January 2019 - 05:00 PM

One of these options is easier...

True, but you only need to rebuild your house once, whereas you'd need to drive in forwards every flippin day for the rest of your life.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#22 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,415 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 January 2019 - 05:18 PM

I remember reading this in the manual when I first got the car but had forgotten all about it.  Here'e the relevant page(s) from the manual:

attachicon.gifAuto Headlights.JPG

And the timer adjustment:

attachicon.gifComfort Settings.JPG

I actually tried it last night, not totally useless if someone at home forgets to turn the outside lights on in winter!  Of course only helpful if your car is right outside your front door...

Dave

I've just checked and my menu doesn't have comfort as an option. It's not in my manual either. Maybe it's for the American market.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#23 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,415 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 January 2019 - 05:44 PM

Just been out and tested it for myself. Lights on auto, ignition off, flash lights and they come on. Get out of car and lock it. Lights stay on for about 20seconds, just as Les described.

This is clearly a benefit of the "auto off" battery saver system that Nissan didn't intend to be a feature. They've missed a trick here. Well done Les, they should buy you a tank of Shell for highlighting this 'hidden feature'.
  • LESmo and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#24 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,768 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:30 PM

One of these options is easier...

True, but you only need to rebuild your house once, whereas you'd need to drive in forwards every flippin day for the rest of your life.

And the lights might illuminate the construction for short periods, if the builders do a late shift.  Build Me Home lights too?

• Chubbs and LESmo like this

2007 350Z (my second Zed) - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Far less pretentious though - good.

#25 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,642 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:33 PM

This is new news to me too!

I will have to test my car.  I hope I have the feature but I fear it might be something introduced with the Connect Premium.  I will check and report back :)

• Chubbs likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#26 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,415 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:38 PM

This is new news to me too!

I will have to test my car.  I hope I have the feature but I fear it might be something introduced with the Connect Premium.  I will check and report back :)

I bet you've got it too.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#27 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,642 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:43 PM

I bet you've got it too.

I do hope so but there are quite a few little features missing from the Gen 1 cars.

I don't mind though because the 'yellow' feature has been missing in the range since the end of 2009 :innocent:

• Chubbs likes this

#28 Dave G

Dave G

Zedlet

• Members (10)
  • 338 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:02 PM

Well that's interesting, I also don't have the Comfort menu option, I must have downloaded a US manual as suggested.

Les, apologies for bursting your bubble unnecessarily, hope it wasn't too painful!

#29 David_R

David_R

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 January 2019 - 01:11 PM

I like this feature. I wish I knew about this a year or so ago!  

Since some Drunk decided to plough into and take out the street light I've had next to no illumination outside the house. This will serve a great purpose for me. Until they get the light back on...

They just installed Gigabit fibre lines in record time but a street light takes atleast 1yr to switch on, apparently.

Edited by David_R, 05 January 2019 - 01:11 PM.

Posted Image

#30 dolalibe31

dolalibe31

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 08:39 PM

Pas l'option confor sur la mienne (option disponible au USA)

#31 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,415 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 January 2019 - 09:54 PM

Pas l'option confor sur la mienne (option disponible au USA)

C'est vrai, mais je crois que ca marchera pour vous, si vous suivez la sequence decrite par Lesmo.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#32 dolalibe31

dolalibe31

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 10:24 PM

Option (confort)non disponible en france

#33 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,655 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 January 2019 - 06:08 AM

If I remember right the US have some difference in ECU than the UK, if you recall they can turn and hold the key and the windows open - not on the UK car.  I know Chas has a box on his car to do it as a add on with his roof.  

There is a reason I believe that we have other things instead.  

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

sml_gallery_123_431_228285.png

#34 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,415 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:28 AM

Option (confort)non disponible en france

Oui, je le comprends, mais Lesmo ne parle pas de l'option confort. Il a dit que si on suit une sequence particulier, les phares sont allumes pour une vingtaine de secondes apres on sort de la voiture et la ferme a clef.

La sequence...
1. Les phares sont au position "Auto"
2. La voiture est 'off'.
3. On 'flash' les phares une fois (je ne sais pas le francais pour flash, lol)
4. On sort de la voiture et la ferme a clef.
...puts les phares s'eteindent automatiquement apres une vingtaine de secondes. C,est tout,

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#35 dolalibe31

dolalibe31

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 06:05 PM

Oui effectivement je viens te contrôler ça fonctionne 👍
  • Chubbs likes this

#36 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,415 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 January 2019 - 06:22 PM

Phew! Seems to work on French cars too lol.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#37 Vampirex

Vampirex

International Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:39 AM

Hi All,

@Dave: here in France, we don't have the "Comfort menu", I tried to find it in my preceding 2012 370Z and now in my 2018 370Z and it is is exactly the same. Some years ago I asked Nissan and they answered me that I have to go to a Dealer with a Consult system to set options covered by "Comfort menu".

Is your car "special" (I mean modified or imported from another country) or do all 370Z have this configuration in UK ?

Thanks.

BR.

Daniel.

#38 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,642 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:52 AM

I've just tested this on my 2009 (non Connect Premium) 370Z and it works on that too.

As Les says, the headlights come on (no rear lights) when you lock the car. I got out of the car, opened up the boot to get a bag out and locked it using the button by the release as I always do. Bingo! :sun:
  • Chubbs likes this

#39 Vampirex

Vampirex

International Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:23 AM

I confirm it works on French car too. But the delay to switch off the light is not reachable as there is no comfort menu.

• Chubbs likes this

#40 Dave G

Dave G

Zedlet

• Members (10)
  • 338 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 12:57 PM

Hi All,

@Dave: here in France, we don't have the "Comfort menu", I tried to find it in my preceding 2012 370Z and now in my 2018 370Z and it is is exactly the same. Some years ago I asked Nissan and they answered me that I have to go to a Dealer with a Consult system to set options covered by "Comfort menu".

Is your car "special" (I mean modified or imported from another country) or do all 370Z have this configuration in UK ?

Thanks.

BR.

Daniel.

Hi Daniel

I apologise for the confusion, but I do not have the comfort menu either.  I found the option in a owners manual that I downloaded which must be from a market other than the UK (or France).  It's a shame as it looks like there are some nice little touches in that menu that would be good to have access to  :(

Regards

Dave