Posted Image

Photo

I need some LED reversing light bulbs...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,608 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 December 2018 - 08:10 PM

Can anyone recommend some really bright cool white LED's to replace the fairly pathetic OEM bulbs? Preferably ones that last.

Posted Image

A to Zee to B

#2 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,812 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 January 2019 - 10:07 AM

Looked around not sure what these are - but it seems you might need them

33f3bb1aa88ea60167f620031a6310c4.jpg

Relates to this thread: http://www.the370z.c...bulbs-help.html

Not sure how it ends...  didn't read all the posts. 

• Chubbs likes this
Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start ButtonGT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Posted Image

#3 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,608 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 January 2019 - 11:16 AM

Thanks Les, but at 45 dollars each, no thanks!

Posted Image

A to Zee to B

#4 Greg Warnes

Greg Warnes

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 4,352 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:40 AM

something like this: (not sure if the 370 uses t15 but loads of options)

https://www.horizonl...-cree-led-bulbs

• Chubbs likes this

If you cant explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

#5 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,608 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:42 AM

something like this: (not sure if the 370 uses t15 but loads of options)

https://www.horizonl...-cree-led-bulbs

Thanks Greg. Yes, the reverse light bulbs are T15, wedge fit. The more I look into the subject of LEDs the more of a lottery it seems to be. Short of buying 10 different ones and returning the 9 I don't like I can't see how to be sure of buying something that's what I want.

...unless someone has a firm recommendation for a long-lasting, powerful, bright white LED that won't burn a hole in my lamp housing lol.

Posted Image

A to Zee to B

#6 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,608 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:50 PM

Result!...

Having waded through the swamp of LED bulbs to be found on Amazon Prime, eventually I was drawn towards one type in particular (£7.26 for the pair)... https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can pay a few quid more for exactly the same product but, strangely, I chose not to!

They arrived just now and I've fitted them. Here's a size comparison with the OEM filament bulb...

LED-reversing-bulbs.jpg

You can plug them in either way round and they work, unlike some wedge-fit LEDs. In terms of whiteness they're exactly the same cool white as my new lamp, so that's good. In terms of brightness, they're only very slightly brighter than the OEM bulbs, so although they don't tick my 'extremely bright' box, at least they'll be MOT friendly (the MOT says that they shouldn't be dazzlingly bright).

Tried to take a photo in the daylight, but it was no good, so I'll try again as it starts to get dark.

I'll also let you know if they fail at some point in the future. For now, I'm happy - and happy to recommend them to anyone else who wants to 'go white'.

Come to think of it, I'm LEDs front, rear & insides now :)

...Someone can add this post as a 'problem solved' if they like.

Small update, so you can see the whiteness of the bulbs. As my car's an automatic the brake lights have to be on too, or the car would plough into me...

white-reversing-lights.jpg

• LESmo, Paul_S and Dave G like this

Posted Image

A to Zee to B

#7 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 34,031 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:21 PM

I don't think I can resist this purchase...!

• Chubbs likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#8 Dave G

Dave G

Zedlet

• Members (10)
  • 382 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:43 PM

Nice find and thanks for sharing Chubbs.  I need some more bulbs for my other car so I may be tempted to get some of these at the same time...

• Chubbs likes this

#9 1FHL

1FHL

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 January 2019 - 01:05 PM

I'm buying now thanks for doing the leg work!

• Chubbs likes this
Nissan 370z Roadster "1 FHL" - Nissan Premier Qashqai #0001 "PR07HET" - Porsche "Maddie" Macan 3.0dS  

#10 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,812 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 January 2019 - 06:05 PM

My LEDs on my number plate are very bright - been through two MOTs no issue.  (I think doing MOT tests in daylight helps  :lol: )  Look amazing Chubbs.

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start ButtonGT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Posted Image