#1 John_K

John_K

Zedlet

• Moderators
  • 880 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:12 pm

Wow!

After many months of appalling service (the list is long) from my local Ford dealership, my patience finally ran out yesterday when they rang at 17:00 to tell me they didnt have a courtesy car available for today, when Treshas Kuga was booked in for an Engine Light diagnostic, the booking having be made on 19/12. Next availability was now 31/1!...(at least they rang the night before!)

So at 09:45 this morning, I rang Ford UK, and explained and listed everything (it took 40 minutes!). I was very calm and polite, and the call handler was excellent, and she told me her next call would be to the dealership principle.

Within 3 hours, the Kuga had been collected from me, and the dealerships communications managers 68 plate Kuga had been left in exchange. I had also received an incredibly apologetic and polite call from the dealership service manager and the communications manager. Me thinks someone had had a word!

So, well done FordUK!

Next battle is tomorrow, when they try and tell me the turbocharger overboost sensor isnt covered under warranty...
  • Chubbs, LESmo, Paul_S and 1 other like this
Black Pearl 2010 (60) 370Z Auto GT Pack Connect Premium - 'Cool Dad'
EBC Ultimax (slotted) front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads
- auf wiedersehen pet
Storm White 2014 (64) 370Z Nismo #376 - the new 'Cool Dad'

#2 Chilli Red

Chilli Red

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 22,872 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:52 pm

It truly shocks me how these manufacturers are all over you for a sale but when there is a follow up required, service, warranty etc they just aren’t on the ball. It’s not rocket science, you are a potential future customer not just an ‘old’ costumer who has spent their money now! Jugular time me thinks, go for it John
  • Paul_S and Neutreus like this

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d  premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it

Check out our - 2014 & 2015 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

#3 John_K

John_K

Zedlet

• Moderators
  • 880 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:41 pm

I think Ford UK got that message loud and clear Sarah, and the outcome today exceeded my expectation.
And Ive got previous experience in the warranty department. I love reading a policy! I once proved to Saab that the warranty included Pads & Discs. Id never seen it covered in a policy before, and have never seen it since.
  • Chubbs, Paul_S and Chilli Red like this
- auf wiedersehen pet

#4 Chilli Red

Chilli Red

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 22,872 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:32 am

Well done you :)

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d  premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it

Check out our - 2014 & 2015 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

#5 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,653 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:01 am

John - ever thought of taking this up as a living? People would pay for skills like yours!

I can hear it now, "Ah, is that Nissan Customer Services? John_K, Warranty Man, here. My client's vehicle appears to be running a bit low on fuel again. According to his warranty document, chapter 17a, subsection viii, paragraph 3, you are liable to come round and top him up in perpetuity. Can we arrange a mutually convenient time, please? Oh, and his wing mirror could do with a bit of a polish. Thank you, bye."

Warranty Man strikes again!

• Paul_S, Chilli Red, Neutreus and 2 others like this

Posted Image

A to Zee to B

#6 John_K

John_K

Zedlet

• Moderators
  • 880 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:34 am

Funny, the colleagues in my office often say the same!
I think my actual profession helps me, so ill Stick to that for now.
- auf wiedersehen pet

#7 Neutreus

Neutreus

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 2,687 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:36 pm

! I once proved to Saab that the warranty included Pads & Discs. Id never seen it covered in a policy before, and have never seen it since.

I've only ever had a couple of Ford's when I was younger but still remember how poor the service was. I have to say that the service from Audi in Tetbury has been exemplary since day 1. They just 'get it' that if they look after people they will keep going back and more importantly, refer people to them. The dealer I use has had two more car sales because of referrals I've made.

I've highlighted the above from John though because after my hooning around in the Alps at end of August, I'd developed major brake issues. Upon reading up, it proved to be a known issue with the front pads on the RS3 (which then caused an issue with the discs). Most owners had to pay for the replacements because as John said above, they aren't normally covered but the Tetbury guys replaced both my pads and discs for new optimised versions free of charge.

That sort of customer service really does make a difference and is far more likely to make me a loyal and long standing customer (as well as having gained other sales) - why do other garages just not get this!?

• Chubbs, Paul_S, John_K and 1 other like this

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe

2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes. Optional extras: Dynamic pack, black styling pack, Audi sound system, cruise control, reversing camera, advanced key, electric folding body coloured mirrors, electrically adjustable lumbar support and non smokers pack - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition (manual) - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers, Black 'Z' badges, removal of GT Edition stripes - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

#8 John_K

John_K

Zedlet

• Moderators
  • 880 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:21 pm

quick update - "part ordered for delivery, fitting and testing on Monday, warranty approved".

"keep the (Comms) managers ('68) Kuga until then"...I wonder if his kids are missing the lego on the back seat?
  • Chubbs and Paul_S like this
- auf wiedersehen pet

#9 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 34,755 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:13 pm

I've only ever had a couple of Ford's when I was younger but still remember how poor the service was. I have to say that the service from Audi in Tetbury has been exemplary since day 1. They just 'get it' that if they look after people they will keep going back and more importantly, refer people to them. The dealer I use has had two more car sales because of referrals I've made.

I've highlighted the above from John though because after my hooning around in the Alps at end of August, I'd developed major brake issues. Upon reading up, it proved to be a known issue with the front pads on the RS3 (which then caused an issue with the discs). Most owners had to pay for the replacements because as John said above, they aren't normally covered but the Tetbury guys replaced both my pads and discs for new optimised versions free of charge.

That sort of customer service really does make a difference and is far more likely to make me a loyal and long standing customer (as well as having gained other sales) - why do other garages just not get this!?

That saved you a bucket load of cash mate!

Funny though, I don't remember you using the brakes very much :innocent:
  • Chubbs and Neutreus like this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY