15 replies to this topic

#1 Chilli Red

Chilli Red

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 22,720 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:35 PM

The Yaris Hybrid ..... my economical daily drive.

Weve had a look around but cant find a fully electric car within economical reach. Happy to go a bit over for fully electric but if not then Max price £25,000

We like the Toyota CHR but its over £30k in the Hybrid! Not sure its worth that, its not a roomy car, just like the looks of it.

I love the Honda Type R :teeth: but, not really an economical daily drive. So we were then enticed by the salesman with a Good deal on the Civic 1.0 Turbo Sport Line

Anyone got any feed back or other suggestions

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d  premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it

Check out our - 2014 & 2015 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

#2 John_K

John_K

Zedlet

• Moderators
  • 774 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:27 PM

Not sure on the price, but the Leaf I had as a courtesy car last year was excellent.

Black Pearl 2010 (60) 370Z Auto GT Pack Connect Premium - 'Cool Dad'<br>EBC Ultimax (slotted) front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads - auf wiedersehen pet
Storm White 2014 (64) 370Z Nismo #376 - the new 'Cool Dad'

#3 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,655 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:09 AM

I have to say I love the Toyota CHR - I think its stunning.

How small do you want... there is this...

https://www.renault....cles/twizy.html

Start from £6690 - now you cannot tell me that would not get you noticed....   :D

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

sml_gallery_123_431_228285.png

#4 Chilli Red

Chilli Red

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 22,720 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:31 AM

:rofl: I don’t think so Les, but thank you.

Anyone have any comments on the Honda. I was thinking we could mod it to look like the Type R, it’s only an extra rear wing :lol:
What’s their serving, prices and reliability like?

07765 406665

#5 John_K

John_K

Zedlet

• Moderators
  • 774 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:39 AM

my only comment on the CHR is there is no sunroof option. Unfortunately, that knocked it off our list.

Black Pearl 2010 (60) 370Z Auto GT Pack Connect Premium - 'Cool Dad'<br>EBC Ultimax (slotted) front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads - auf wiedersehen pet
Storm White 2014 (64) 370Z Nismo #376 - the new 'Cool Dad'

#6 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,655 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:56 AM

When I had a Type R - about 15 years ago - (so might not be valid anymore), they were very reliable the servicing was cheap.  But that was Pre Turbo and they had nearly no electrics.  Air Con was a dealer option as was front fogs  :lol:

I had two Honda's and both were mechanically reliable, the Civic Coupe VTI exhaust nearly failed after 3 years but that was built in the States.I never thought servicing was that bad and the intervals at the time were good.  Unfortunately no experience of the new Turbo cars.

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

#7 blobbish

blobbish

Club Secretary

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:39 AM

When my son-in-law had his car in for respray after someone decided to key it all over (why I have no idea) he had the Civic 1.0l Turbo you are inquiring about.

I drove it for a few days and was pleasantly surprised how it drove for a 1.0l, after driving some of the VW variants of the same calibre. I cannot remember the exact mileage i got from it but I remember I that for the 2 days driving I only had to put in £12. 

Very economical around town, not so good at motorway speeds, but that's a given right.

Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

#8 Neutreus

Neutreus

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 2,528 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:43 PM

I'm a bit like Les in that I haven't owned a Honda in quite a number of years but I've had a few over my time (2 Civic Type R's, S2000 & Diesel Civic). The diesel was most recent being about 2011 and was turbo. I haven't any experience with the version you are referring to Sarah but I'd mirror Les' comment - I didn't have one mechanical problem over my years of ownership, with any of them and the servicing prices were comparable with other main dealers like Ford etc if memory serves me correctly.

• LESmo likes this
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - Optional extras: Dynamic pack, black styling pack, Audi sound system, cruise control, reversing camera, advanced key, electric folding body coloured mirrors, electrically adjustable lumbar support and non smokers pack.
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition (manual) - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers, Black 'Z' badges, removal of GT Edition stripes - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

#9 Davectr

Davectr

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:03 PM

Don’t know if you’ve considered (or even would consider) one of the new fiesta’s? I only ask because the other half had one for a week recently as a courtesy car. Now normally I wouldn’t suggest them, however, having driven one I was seriously impressed! It turned out to be a one litre ecoboost - I would’ve bet my mortgage it was at least a 1.6L engine. It was really nippy, retuned 50+mpg, interior quality was good and it was pretty nice to look at. Can’t say I’m really a Ford man, but it got a big thumbs up from me

#10 Chilli Red

Chilli Red

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 22,720 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:27 PM

Thanks guys. Funnily enough I just said to Tony we should look at the Fiesta, my son has one, it’s a nice car.

We looked at the VW Golf tonight and are test driving one tomorrow just before we go and drive the Civic. My biggest problem is every time I go into a Honda dealer I find myself sitting in the type R :lol: I do love that car....... can’t afford it as the sensible drive though!

I think the Civic probably has it, but the VW garage have thrown a curved ball and are now working a deal to try and stop us going to Honda. Personally I prefer the Civic, it is a nicer finish but Tony is keen on the Golf.

07765 406665

#11 Neutreus

Neutreus

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 2,528 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:42 PM

My biggest problem is every time I go into a Honda dealer I find myself sitting in the type R :lol: I do love that car....... can’t afford it as the sensible drive though!

You could of course just drive the CTR very frugally Sarah. I'm sure you wouldn't be tempted to put your foot down and therefore, the future savings on fuel can be used toward the purchase price   :hypocrite:

• Chubbs, Chilli Red and Alex_C like this
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - Optional extras: Dynamic pack, black styling pack, Audi sound system, cruise control, reversing camera, advanced key, electric folding body coloured mirrors, electrically adjustable lumbar support and non smokers pack.
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition (manual) - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers, Black 'Z' badges, removal of GT Edition stripes - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

#12 Chilli Red

Chilli Red

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 22,720 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:46 PM

Tony has offered to put another spoiler on the sports line civic so it looks like the type R. I did point out it needed all the pipes too :teeth:
  • Neutreus and Alex_C like this

07765 406665

#13 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,655 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:59 AM

Bet you could get a custom exhaust built to look exactly like the Type R one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 Alex_C

Alex_C

Zedling

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:21 PM

Thanks guys. Funnily enough I just said to Tony we should look at the Fiesta, my son has one, its a nice car.
We looked at the VW Golf tonight and are test driving one tomorrow just before we go and drive the Civic. My biggest problem is every time I go into a Honda dealer I find myself sitting in the type R :lol: I do love that car....... cant afford it as the sensible drive though!
I think the Civic probably has it, but the VW garage have thrown a curved ball and are now working a deal to try and stop us going to Honda. Personally I prefer the Civic, it is a nicer finish but Tony is keen on the Golf.

As diehard VAG man that's the route I'd take! Particularly if they do you a deal! ;)

Having said that, as others have said above I've never heard of anyone I know who's Honda has let them down

2016 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate - Daily commuting tardis!

2016 Nissan Squishsquash -  The economical runabout!

1965 VW Beetle - (Very) Long-term Project Car!

2007 Audi RS4 Avant - 400hp load lugger!

2004 Nissan 350z - How can I squeeze another car on my driveway?!

#15 Chilli Red

Chilli Red

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 22,720 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:02 PM

VW tried hard but too much money - everything was an extra that came as standard in the Civic.

We ended up with a Civic 1.5 VTec turbo sports in red. Very pleased, they gave us a fantastic deal, we squeezed as hard as you would expect us too and got the best part of £3k off list price plus an excellent price for the Yaris £2k more than the Toyota dealer was offering. I know they say they will give more on one and less on the other but I think we did well on both the PX and the car discount.

We were lent a car for a while so did loads of runs and got a good measure of the economy. I got 48 MGP when I behaved :teeth: not bad really

Ps. I got a cuddle from the finance manager when we were done, I think he enjoyed the game of bartering :lol: that or it was relief we were leaving :blink:
  • Chubbs, dj370zNismo, LESmo and 2 others like this

07765 406665

#16 dj370zNismo

dj370zNismo

Zedling

• Members (10)
  • 2,595 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:22 PM

My wife has the Civic but not that model, loves it in fact it is her 5th Civic!
  • Chilli Red likes this
2013 Storm White 370z Nismo #93
2004 Azure Blue 350Z