#1 1FHL

1FHL

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:47 PM

I have only ever seen one GT-R that was not a black interior.

Is this normal?

I'd like to see more choice!

• Chilli Red likes this
Nissan 370z Roadster "1 FHL" - Nissan Premier Qashqai #0001 "PR07HET" - Porsche "Maddie" Macan 3.0dS  

#2 paul_k

paul_k

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 5,889 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:11 PM

I saw the egoist interior at the ring back in 2012 I think was horrendous!

Attached Thumbnails

• 3DFC90AF-629F-49FE-BBC6-F9DEC9BAA331.jpeg
  • 48C2D675-16F7-48D9-ABBC-C15EE32A8942.jpeg

• Chubbs likes this
2016 GT-R Recaro Black. A younger model is not necessarily better...

No 1 GT-R Black Black from Marshalls. Helmet signed by Mizuno...
Paul_S Reversing Camera - Sold.

Sept 01 2004 Z GT gunmetal Alezan gone but not forgotten

#3 Chilli Red

Chilli Red

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 22,743 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 January 2019 - 06:31 AM

Looks like a padded cell!
  • Chubbs likes this

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d  premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it

Check out our - 2014 & 2015 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

#4 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,485 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:04 AM

Looks like a padded cell!

:rofl:

Posted Image

A to Zee to B

#5 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,921 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:58 AM

If you specify the Prestige grade there are four additional interior leather colours: Black, Tan, Ivory or Red.

On the GT50 you can specify whatever colours, interior and exterior, you want.

On the Pure grade seats are Black. On the Recaro grade, the seats are Black and Red.

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

#6 Neutreus

Neutreus

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 2,536 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 January 2019 - 08:05 AM

If you specify the Prestige grade there are four additional interior leather colours: Black, Tan, Ivory or Red.

It's surprising that not more people have chosen a different coloured interior. When I was looking at GTR's over the space of half a year, I can't remember seeing anything other than black or black/red on the Recaro.

I loved my 350Z that had the Alezan interior, I much prefer a slightly more colourful interior but uhh, not quite like the egoist above.

2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - Optional extras: Dynamic pack, black styling pack, Audi sound system, cruise control, reversing camera, advanced key, electric folding body coloured mirrors, electrically adjustable lumbar support and non smokers pack.
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition (manual) - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers, Black 'Z' badges, removal of GT Edition stripes - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

#7 milanored

milanored

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 09:18 AM

It's surprising that not more people have chosen a different coloured interior. When I was looking at GTR's over the space of half a year, I can't remember seeing anything other than black or black/red on the Recaro.

I loved my 350Z that had the Alezan interior, I much prefer a slightly more colourful interior but uhh, not quite like the egoist above.

I wonder if black would be common anyway due to lighter colours showing marks or dirt more

#8 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,921 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 January 2019 - 09:45 AM

I think the Prestige is a £3k option so that could be off-putting.

I've had both the Recaros (twice) and the Pure (twice). You need the Recaros if you are keen on tracking but the Pure are better for touring ... although the Prestige might be even better. All imho.
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress

#9 1FHL

1FHL

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 January 2019 - 01:26 PM

I did go and look at a Red GT-R with "Light Interior", when I got there it was yellow!

Nissan 370z Roadster "1 FHL" - Nissan Premier Qashqai #0001 "PR07HET" - Porsche "Maddie" Macan 3.0dS  

#10 1FHL

1FHL

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 January 2019 - 01:27 PM

I saw the egoist interior at the ring back in 2012 I think was horrendous!

No thinking! It is!

#11 Neutreus

Neutreus

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 2,536 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 January 2019 - 01:40 PM

I wonder if black would be common anyway due to lighter colours showing marks or dirt more

I would have to agree.

I think the Prestige is a £3k option so that could be off-putting.

Now there's a good reason for the majority being black - yoikes!

• milanored likes this
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - Optional extras: Dynamic pack, black styling pack, Audi sound system, cruise control, reversing camera, advanced key, electric folding body coloured mirrors, electrically adjustable lumbar support and non smokers pack.
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition (manual) - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers, Black 'Z' badges, removal of GT Edition stripes - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

#12 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,921 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 January 2019 - 01:49 PM

Sounds like it was Tan. This is Red with Ivory:

IMG_0881.JPG
  • Neutreus likes this

#13 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,838 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 02:58 PM

All the other colours apart from black look like the sort of interior someone like Paul Raymond would have. And I've always thought that the interior is a long way down on the list of priorities when you buy a GT-R. Decent fit and finish - yes. Decent textures - I suppose so, but I'm not going to get hung up on the lack of soft-touch plastic. Colours, however, should be doing their best not to distract my eyes from the road.
2007 350Z (my second Zed) - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Far less pretentious though - good.

#14 1FHL

1FHL

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:03 PM

Sounds like it was Tan. This is Red with Ivory:

attachicon.gifIMG_0881.JPG

Close but the whole interior was "yellow" ivory including the dash console the lot!

#15 1FHL

1FHL

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:11 PM

All the other colours apart from black look like the sort of interior someone like Paul Raymond would have. And I've always thought that the interior is a long way down on the list of priorities when you buy a GT-R. Decent fit and finish - yes. Decent textures - I suppose so, but I'm not going to get hung up on the lack of soft-touch plastic. Colours, however, should be doing their best not to distract my eyes from the road.

I just cant sit in darkness, I'm way past my grumpy teenage years wanting to paint everything black!

I just about manage in the Roadster as the roof comes down as often as possible, my Macan has a light interior, Lila's BMW's both have cream interiors,.

Once you go "non black" you don't go back! :) 

• Neutreus likes this

#16 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,921 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:24 PM

Close but the whole interior was "yellow" ivory including the dash console the lot!

What year was it?

#17 1FHL

1FHL

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:35 PM

It was a couple of years ago now, I posted on here asking if anybody knew about it.

It was a 62/63 had very few miles on it (probably couldnt stand driving it!) Paul_S and I think it might have been a dealership demo. I can find the post I made...

#18 1FHL

1FHL

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:39 PM

http://forums.nissan...y-own-this-gtr/

#19 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,921 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:53 PM

Just read the thread and now remember posting at the time. Shame the pic is no longer available.

I think the Prestige interiors changed a lot when the MY17 was launched (which is where my pic came from - that was definitely not yellow...).

Of course colour choice is a very personal thing and I loved the combi of the one I drove. However, that darker red (vermilion) that I had with Recaros annoyed the hell out of me because the shade of red in the seats and stitching clashed with the exterior colour.

Similarly, I hate the MY17 launch cars in orange (or whatever i's called) with the Tan seats for exactly the same reason.

Running the configurator again (www.nissan.co.uk) I see I was wrong about the pricing. Ignoring any other options, the Pure is £82k, Recaro is £85k, and Prestige is £86k so it depends where you start from how much extra the Prestige with its colour choices is...

• Paul_S likes this

#20 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,838 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 09:53 PM

I just cant sit in darkness, I'm way past my grumpy teenage years wanting to paint everything black!

I just about manage in the Roadster as the roof comes down as often as possible, my Macan has a light interior, Lila's BMW's both have cream interiors,.

Once you go "non black" you don't go back! :)

I don't know.  To further corrupt an old saying, I've done non-black and am in no rush to go back.  And, alas no longer being teenagers, we surely don't spend our nights sitting stationary in our cars in car parks needing a bit of brightness.  The other bit of advice I'd give to a grumpy teenager in a black room is look out of the window.

2007 350Z (my second Zed) - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Far less pretentious though - good.