4 replies to this topic

#1 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 11,092 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 February 2019 - 04:15 PM

I thought I would look back at the tests for the last 3 years of MOT's to see what the Emissions results were like.

10th February 2017 (Stock Nismo Exhaust) - Temp Gauge Showed Warm

Fast Idle Test

Engine Speed    2500-3000rpm

CO2 - 0.00%

HC - 0pmm

Lamda 1.00

Neutral Idle Test 50-1500 rpm

CO - 0.00%

9th February 2018 (Stock Nismo Exhaust) - Temp Gauge Showed Warm

Fast Idle Test

CO2 - 0.00%

HC - 5pmm (Max 200ppm)

Lambda 1.00 (Limits 1.03)

CO - 0.00%

8th February 2019  (Custom Exhaust) - Coolant Pipes Were Hot.

Fast Idle Test

CO2 - 0.00%

HC - 13pmm (Max 200ppm)

Lambda 1.01 (Limits 1.03)

CO - 0.00%

Interesting that the tailpipes have gone from 4.8" give or take to 5" and the Lambda reading has gone up slightly it may be there is less restriction than the Nismo exhaust system had - dealer confirmed no leaks on the system.  How do these readings compare to others?

• Paul_S and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this
Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start ButtonGT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Posted Image

#2 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 34,600 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 February 2019 - 06:59 PM

That's really interesting mate.  I'll have to look back at my old MOTs (that will require me to go through my 'filing system' of course!)

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#3 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 09:57 PM

There are obviously a few weirdos cut from the same cloth on here, as not only do I occasionally check out the MOT status of previous cars of mine, but I also like to compare emissions results from year to year.

Like you, I think, Les, I generally expect an aftermarket system to lead to slightly cleaner results, although it might be me treating my cars better than their previous owner(s).  Perhaps.

Anyway, here are my 350's last two years' emissions results (the first is with the stock exhaust and the second with a slightly larger bore aftermarket system):-

27/09/2017 (Stock 350Z Exhaust)

Fast Idle Test

CO2 - 0.03%

HC - 20pmm (Max 200ppm)

Lamda 1.002 (Limit 1.03)

CO - 0.00%

29/08/2018 (Cobra Sport Exhaust - backbox and mid-pipe)

Fast Idle Test

CO2 - 0.02%

HC - 14pmm

Lambda 1.00

CO - 0.00%

Positively parsimonious, but perhaps not as much as a Nismo, there's no wonder we look down our noses at Prius drivers. :D

• LESmo likes this

2007 350Z (my second Zed) - When you give up driving, you’re not going to look back wistfully on the car you owned with the nicest dashboard top or speaker grilles. You’re going to remember a car for its excitement and how it made you feel.
2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Far less pretentious though.

#4 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 11,092 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 February 2019 - 07:29 AM

Interesting results mate.   You can see the change when the new exhaust is on I wonder if that's to do with a minor leak on the old system you swapped out?

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings likes this
Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start ButtonGT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Posted Image

#5 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:01 PM

Very possibly.  It probably did contribute a bit.  I'll see if I can find any earlier test sheets, as I know I've got at least most of the old MOT certificates and some might be there too.

Although in truth the improvements are very minor, and it might be the way the wind was blowing as much as the very clean fuel I tried to put through in the weeks leading up to the test, but it was just nice to see the old banger isn't getting any dirtier.

• Paul_S likes this

2007 350Z (my second Zed) - When you give up driving, you’re not going to look back wistfully on the car you owned with the nicest dashboard top or speaker grilles. You’re going to remember a car for its excitement and how it made you feel.
2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Far less pretentious though.