10 replies to this topic

#1 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,895 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 February 2019 - 06:37 AM

Please note: This year, updated health and safety requirements mean that all cars need to be on site by 11am and will not be permitted to leave the site until the show closes at 4pm.

Kimbolton Country Fayre - Sunday 14th July 2018

(Any Make / Model can attend).

med_gallery_123_536_1530391.jpg

sml_gallery_123_536_1379927.jpg   sml_gallery_123_536_1702660.jpg  sml_gallery_123_536_764650.jpg   sml_gallery_123_536_1485736.jpg

Kimbolton Country Fayre is now in it’s 28th year, a charity event for the whole family, organised by volunteers from The Rotary Club of Kimbolton Castle and The Sporting Bears Motor Club.

It is held in the beautiful grounds of Kimbolton Castle in Cambridgeshire, the home of Kimbolton School.

sml_gallery_123_461_115515.jpg   sml_gallery_123_536_23134.jpg  sml_gallery_123_500_5664099.jpg  sml_gallery_123_536_1139525.jpg

In 2018 we were delighted to host the following to meet wide tastes.

Main Ring events: Savage Skills: Free Stay Mountain Bike Stunt Team, Sealed Knot, Beagles and Heavy Horses.

Stage: Haka, Gavin James Burke – Classical and Musical Theatre Vocalist, Galaxy Big Band and Lindyhop Dancers, Morris Dancers

Children: Millers Ark Mobile Farm, Mobile Cave and Bungee Trampolining.

Other attractions:  Around 1000 Classic and Sports Cars, a flypast by the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, more than 70 stalls and stands, Dream rides, Model Car racing as well as the usual tea tent, real ale bar plus many more attractions and activities for the whole family.  

In total just under £20 000 was raised for a range of Rotary supported charities.  Over the years we have supported many charities, often local; including Burns Camp, Samuel Pepys School, HemiHelp, East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices, Ellesmere Opportunity Group, Holly Ward (Hinchinbrooke Hospital), Mission Motor Sports and many other Rotary supported charities and good causes.

The Fayre has raised £400,000 over the last 27 years. Staffed by over 60 volunteers on the day and backed by a year of planning.

IMG_4708-300x200.jpg

The 2019 fayre will be held on Sunday the 14th of July, gates open for general admission at 11.00am. Classic cars for display arrive from 9.00am.  (We can usually get in from 7am)

The organisers are really flexible and cars are allowed to leave early, and BBQ's etc are allowed as well as dogs.  We welcome any model not just Nissan sportscars - so anything you call your pride and joy!

We have extended and invite to this event to our friends in the ZClub.

I need to let the organisers know number by the end of April - so please can I ask for show of hands before then.  I will add some flexibility of numbers for last minute requests.  As with last year I need to obtain wrist bands which I will post out on the day.  Entrance is still £10 per car as it was last year.  

Last year was a very hot day - So who's attending this year?

• Paul_S likes this
Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start ButtonGT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Posted Image

#2 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,895 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 February 2019 - 06:38 AM

Attending:

1.  LESmo & Cazza - 370z Nismo V1

2.  Paul_S - 370z Special (Provisional)

3. ChasGFL & - 370z Roadster

4. MaximG - 1972 240Z HS30 (Z Club)

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start ButtonGT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Posted Image

#3 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 34,293 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 February 2019 - 04:20 PM

I've never been to this and I am very keen to do this year.

Can you put me down as a highly probable until my diary shakes down?
  • LESmo likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#4 ChasGFL

ChasGFL

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 February 2019 - 12:49 PM

Ridiculously hot last year, would be up for doing this again, probably with the missus again please.

• LESmo likes this

#5 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,895 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:53 PM

Addec - It was mate, and the decision to have the only yellow tent of all the car clubs  - I think was a challenge with the Bugs.  They seem to home in on nissansportz :sun:

Posted Image

#6 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,895 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 April 2019 - 06:42 AM

Ok guys - this is looking more like a non-go-er this year.  I need to go back to the organisers with the numbers but perhaps because of the timings next to the Silverstone Classic its not going to be viable this year.  If we can get a few more cars it may be worth it. 

We can perhaps do a small group in the general area as I did the first year which is still good and perhaps will be the direction this meet goes for anyone interested.  I checked Z Club and there has been no takers for this year. 

So I will leave this open until End of Easter and then I will have to go back to the organisers and let them know.  So any takers?

Posted Image

#7 ChasGFL

ChasGFL

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 April 2019 - 08:32 AM

As it's so close to home for me I'm still interested in popping along. We could also put some people up to save on hotels for anyone interested in coming from further afield.

#8 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 34,293 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 April 2019 - 01:09 PM

I'm still keen to attend if possible.  It looks a great meet and I've not managed to get there yet.

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#9 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,895 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 April 2019 - 10:35 AM

Ok - I will contact the organisers and let them know we are going to pull out this year.  I will ask about the 99 location for anyone who wants to make this a mini meet - that takes the pressure off trying to get numbers together.  Only fair we release our slot to another club.  

Posted Image

#10 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,895 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 29 April 2019 - 05:37 PM

I have heard back form the organisers and they have agreed to reserve a small space in the 99 Section for a few people to go to this event.  This is not going to be as big as last year and there won't be space for the Banners / Feathers etc (although I will bring a set).  But they have said we can get the cars that go together.  So At the moment I have said 3-4 cars and if others come that's great.  So anyone fancy it please let me know.  I will distribute wrist bands closer to the time.  We have one car added from Z Club.

• ChasGFL likes this

Posted Image

#11 ChasGFL

ChasGFL

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 April 2019 - 09:19 AM

Thanks Les, sounds like a good solution.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: EVENTS 2019