87 replies to this topic

#41 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,402 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 April 2019 - 06:59 pm

I really like Charles Leclerc he is humble, approachable and not a PR machine.  He gave Seb a run, I think we have started to see the new guard.  I think he may be in a short while more complete than Max. 

Renault have a real issues.  I also massively like Lando Norris, again he remind me of Jenson.  This is a good time for UK drivers.  With Sir Patrick coming back to Williams, we can only hope he slaps that team back into shape. 

Good to See McLaren doing a little better. 

• Neutreus likes this

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

#42 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 35,074 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 July 2019 - 08:50 pm

I've watched some of this year's races in 'highlights' form and found them on the dull side to be honest.  But I managed to catch most of the full race today and I really enjoyed it :)

I am extremely pleased that the British F1 GP will be on the calendar for the next few years.  Let's face it, we don't have the best infrastructure but we have a great circuit (circuits) and some extremely knowledgeable and loyal fans.  F1 needs loyal fans right now.

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings and John_K like this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#43 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Members (10)
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 10:22 pm

It certainly does.  Austria two weeks ago was even better - even the highlights.

The biggest thing I noticed this weekend - other than some of the camera angles or switches between cameras seeming a bit amateurish - was the Red Bull cars sounded really good a couple of times during qualifying.  Normally the engine sound doesn't really come across, and even though the hybrid engines are supposedly being engineered to sound better it doesn't really come across to those at home, but a couple of times during qualifying someone must have forgotten to turn the trackside microphones down as a Red Bull passed as there was a proper V6 sound coming from them and the speakers.  Long may that continue too.

• Paul_S likes this

#44 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,380 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 July 2019 - 07:56 am

And didnt Leclerc deserve 3rd in front of Verstappen!
  • Paul_S and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

#45 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,380 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 July 2019 - 06:08 pm

I've just read the following column from Jolyon Palmer and found it vey interesting: https://www.bbc.co.u...rmula1/48984966

Yes I'm biased towards Lewis but he continues to justify my view that we are seeing a truly great driver passing records and driving above the levels of the rest of the field.

He uses Free Practise 1, 2, 3 plus Q1 and 2 to find every little fraction of a second. But he's not worried about being top of the board in those sessions, saving all the little pieces for the final push in Q3. Sometimes it doesn't work (2nd by 6 thousandths of a second!) but most times it does.

And then the race. Working his strategy, pressuring his rivals, and modifying his tactics as he goes long. I've just watched the Silverstone race again and can only say he's mastered his craft... and still improving on that.

So that can make for boring (to some) races. I do hope we might see a McLaren on a podium this season, and a Red Bull there for Honda at Suzuka.

In the meantime, I'll watch Lewis's masterclass...

• Neutreus likes this

Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress

#46 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,402 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 July 2019 - 06:51 pm

I think we are watching someone who will surpass Schumacher - and will become the greatest driver of all time.  As a driver he is sensational.  He has a skills set which is simply amazing.  I didn't think we would see anyone better than Schumacher - but...  I think Senna is often referred to as the greatest of the modern era - but I wonder in part if thats due to guilt of his early demise.  Was he better than Hamilton?   Certainly he had faults.  But time means they are forgotten.

But -  and this is the thing for me, I was a massive Hamilton Fan when he arrived - I just cannot get passed his massive 'LH44" promo machine.  Its just me but he lacks sincerity.  I cannot pin it.  I know I am in a small camp.  I get it.  But for me its the thing that matters.

For me I follow Lando Norris.  He reminds me so much of Jenson.

So undoubtedly we are in a era of genius.   Just me I get it.

• Neutreus likes this

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

#47 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Members (10)
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 10:06 pm

This evening, I have mostly been listening to The Jesus & Mary Chain's 'Happy When It Rains', Garbage's 'Only Happy When It Rains', and The Cult's '(Here Comes The) Rain'.

I enjoyed today's race nearly as much as I enjoy those, which is a lot. :thumbs:

• Neutreus and ChasGFL like this

#48 Neutreus

Neutreus

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 2,771 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 29 July 2019 - 12:37 pm

T'was a crazy race and the superhuman showed they are actualluy human. More of that please!!!

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings likes this

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

#49 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Members (10)
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:54 pm

Absolutely, yes!

Two things made me laugh.  Firstly, the long discussions that have been going on to settle the 2021 rule changes to improve the racing, and then over the last four races the racing has improved without further influence.  And secondly, Hamilton's fifty-second plus pit-stop.  Just thinking about it, and the mechanics running around as if they were being chased by wasps, makes me cry with laughter.  It was good to see all Mercedes' hubris over the last few days/weeks/months/years come back to bite them.

#50 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 35,074 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 July 2019 - 07:26 am

I watched the highlights last night.  Very entertaining!  I think it was harsh Lewis was penalised for going the wrong side of the bollard getting into the pits, but there you go.

I saw this in the press this morning.  Renault are having a tough time!

TELEMMGLPICT000205109707_trans_NvBQzQNjv

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#51 blobbish

blobbish

Club Secretary

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 July 2019 - 08:03 am

oops

Current - 2009 GTR Premium, Stage 2

Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

#52 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Members (10)
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:25 am

Oops indeed! Nico Hulkenberg wasn't driving that was he?

#53 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,380 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:57 am

Wonder what Gunter said....

#54 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,380 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:58 am

or is that Haas? Sorry, senior moment.

#55 Neutreus

Neutreus

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 2,771 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 July 2019 - 01:07 pm

or is that Haas? Sorry, senior moment.

Yep, Renault is Cyril Abiteboul (however probably still just as sweary after the above incident!)

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

#56 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Members (10)
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 01:46 pm

Oh yes. I bet he took the name of a small Toyota sports car/roadster in vain a few times when that happened.

#57 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Members (10)
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 10:13 pm

Hungary Qualifying - Now That's What I Call Qualifying, Vol?

It was terrific to see every driver obviously really going for it in every session.

Another win for Verstappen tomorrow?  And the second Red Bull seat becomes the seat that no-one really wants, as you really are always going to be playing second fiddle at best.

#58 Neutreus

Neutreus

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 2,771 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 November 2019 - 10:20 am

Looks like Lewis should tie up his superb 6th World Title tomorrow - Austin is usually a good one to watch to so fingers crossed.

In the meantime, if you haven't seen it, watch this video to explain some of the changes coming for 2021 - hopefully it will do as they hope!

https://www.youtube....h?v=epdmatdvSzk

• Chubbs likes this

#59 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,380 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 November 2019 - 01:24 pm

I find these little articles a fascinating read:
https://www.bbc.co.u...rmula1/50222105
  • Neutreus likes this

#60 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,380 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 November 2019 - 06:02 pm

Bit quiet on here. Dont want to say much in case some peeps are still catching up. But ...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Formula 1