Posted Image

Photo

Thanks for adopting me at Leeds Castle today!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Fiona

Fiona

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 09:09 PM

I bought my 350z in December so have just started getting out and about with it.  It was great to meet some other owners and say hi at Leeds Castle today.  Thank you for saving me from the perils of the public car park!  

My photos from the day are on my World Rallies facebook page (My Beetle's page): https://www.facebook...895624047144382

• Paul_S, Chilli Red and vjordon like this

#2 Chilli Red

Chilli Red

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 22,840 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 May 2019 - 05:33 AM

Hi Fiona,

Great to see you found everyone, nice bunch arent they. Look forward to meeting you soon. Look at the Silverstone thread, that should be a good meet.

:hello:
  • Fiona likes this

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d  premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it

Check out our - 2014 & 2015 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

#3 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,166 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:53 AM

Hi Fiona. It was nice to meet you and glad you enjoyed joining us.
Is that your bug in the pics?
Hope to see you and the car at another meet.
John (the elder).
  • Fiona likes this

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

#4 ChasGFL

ChasGFL

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 362 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:04 AM

Hi Fiona, welcome to this great community, sorry I didn't get to say hello yesterday, our convertibles did look good together though.

• Fiona likes this

#5 milanored

milanored

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:07 AM

Hi Fiona, welcome to this great community, sorry I didn't get to say hello yesterday, our convertibles did look good together though.

Chas might be a idea to pass on some of your detailing tips to Fiona as soft top owners

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  • ChasGFL and Fiona like this

#6 Dave G

Dave G

Zedlet

• Members (10)
  • 454 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:56 AM

Welcome to the club and great that you've been to a meet already! :)

• Fiona likes this

#7 vjordon

vjordon

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 12:36 PM

I bought my 350z in December so have just started getting out and about with it.  It was great to meet some other owners and say hi at Leeds Castle today.  Thank you for saving me from the perils of the public car park!  

My photos from the day are on my World Rallies facebook page (My Beetle's page): https://www.facebook...895624047144382

Good afternoon Fiona ..

Wishing you a warm welcome, as you have already seen with this club and from the above messages … they are a fantastic group of guys and gals, you will have go a long way to better them (if that is at all possible).

Hope to see you soon.

Vicky xx

• Fiona likes this

#8 Fiona

Fiona

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 03:11 PM

Hi Fiona. It was nice to meet you and glad you enjoyed joining us.
Is that your bug in the pics?
Hope to see you and the car at another meet.
John (the elder).

Hi, Yes, that's my bug :-)  I bought 'Pedro' in San Francisco in 2009 (when the $ was 2 to the £ ) Shipped him over here and then drove him UK to Singapore.  I was originally asked to display him on the Drivers Union stand at Motors by the Moat but he's getting a revamp at the moment and wasn't ready in time.  Back up plan was to go in my friends Exige but then I spotted you guys in the queue while I was waiting for her.  Thanks for letting me join in  :-)  

And it turns out one of the Drivers Union members used to be your club chairman too...Giles Meyrick

• Paul_S likes this

#9 Fiona

Fiona

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 03:11 PM

They did didn't they!

#10 Fiona

Fiona

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 03:17 PM

Chas might be a idea to pass on some of your detailing tips to Fiona as soft top owners

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Haha, yes well my excuse for the wax smears on my car is that I was cleaning it at my dads house when my godfather rang to say he'd broken down on a busy road nearby, so I had to hurriedly buff the rest off and rush off to rescue him.  By the time I got back it was raining.

Any recommendations on a soft top cleaner would be good ....though I can't reach the bit of bird poo that's in the middle, will have to persuade a tall person to help out!

#11 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 34,600 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:31 PM

Hi Fiona :welcometonissansportz:

It was a lucky coincidence that you were out of your Z just as we were arriving.  Shame the chap in the high vis didn't give us a chance to say more than two words before moving me on!

It was great to meet you and have your car on our stand.  I've found a few pictures of Pedro that I took at the castle back in 2013!

gallery_245_419_560647.jpg

gallery_245_419_500603.jpg

I remember when the exchange rate was like that.  A lot of folk on here were importing wheels and body kits, etc. for their cars around that time.  Not any more!

I saw your friends Lotus in the paddock.  I like!  What do I have to do to get a passenger ride in that?! :lol:

Ah yes, Giles.  There are still quite a few people on here who know our first Chairman.  Was he there yesterday?  And what's he driving now?  He had a Fezza for a short time and then a Lambo, but I lost touch with him after that.

Oh, and I've got in touch with the chap who did the clear wrap on my Z and he's still in business.  So I'll PM you the details in a mo.

Paul :)

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#12 Fiona

Fiona

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:10 PM

Hi Fiona :welcometonissansportz:

It was a lucky coincidence that you were out of your Z just as we were arriving.  Shame the chap in the high vis didn't give us a chance to say more than two words before moving me on!

It was great to meet you and have your car on our stand.  I've found a few pictures of Pedro that I took at the castle back in 2013!

gallery_245_419_560647.jpg

gallery_245_419_500603.jpg

I remember when the exchange rate was like that.  A lot of folk on here were importing wheels and body kits, etc. for their cars around that time.  Not any more!

I saw your friends Lotus in the paddock.  I like!  What do I have to do to get a passenger ride in that?! :lol:

Ah yes, Giles.  There are still quite a few people on here who know our first Chairman.  Was he there yesterday?  And what's he driving now?  He had a Fezza for a short time and then a Lambo, but I lost touch with him after that.

Oh, and I've got in touch with the chap who did the clear wrap on my Z and he's still in business.  So I'll PM you the details in a mo.

Paul 

Ah yes, I think that was the year Gem got in trouble for hanging upside down doing acrobatics on the Helicopter.  Just one uptight lady complained, the helicopter crew thought it was hilarious. We spent ages at the end of the day taking photos of our cars with them and the helicopter.  I have a great photo of Pedro with the Navy guys and girls posing with him with one of them stood on his roof and some others posed to look like our cars were being unloaded from the heli (it was a big Sea King).  Good fun :-) 

This is Giles car now, I got a shot of him on the way out

https://www.facebook...?type=3

• Paul_S likes this

#13 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 34,600 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:19 PM

Blimey.  It's lucky you were both on best behaviour this time!

So he was there, the car looks familiar :)

• Fiona likes this

#14 XSuperDan

XSuperDan

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:51 AM

Was nice to meet you fiona! 

#15 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 34,600 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:11 PM

Fiona, I saw this on eBay and thought if you...

https://www.ebay.co....g-/192910511520

How big is your garage?!