10 replies to this topic

#1 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 11,220 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 June 2019 - 07:58 am

Well the next milestone will be reached today. 40,000 Miles I will be driving so take the photo a few miles early.

29a766c60bab06559d58371ee4b56b8f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • dj370zNismo, Paul_S, Dave G and 3 others like this
Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start ButtonGT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Posted Image

#2 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 34,843 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 June 2019 - 08:02 am

Good work Les. Keep it up! :drive1
  • LESmo likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#3 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 11,220 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 June 2019 - 08:30 am

Right I guess now it is worth a little review.  The Car was purchased 7th March 2014 - so it has been on the road a little under 5 Years and 4 Months.

The average miles are about 625 Miles a Month.

So Story So Far.....

Last summer the car was in for a clicking rear axle - the dealer stripped the rear brakes and cleaned them all up and then greased the rear axles.  Something I had 3 times on the 350z and it seems the 370z is still a victim of.  Was not expensive I paid less than £100 for the work.  I changed the Battery this year - after it packed in on a Cold Winters morning, the RAC started it so I could go and get one.  That has lasted over 5 years.

I have had a massive amount of tyres.  Some by choice and some not.

I replaced the Bridgestone’s OEM Tyres with Hankook all round, they did around 2 years.  After I had a Screw in One of the Rear Bridgestone’s.  

Hankook were OK, nothing special better than the Bridgestone’s, But after I got another Screw in the rear tyre I replaced the rears with Continental Sport 6's - they were a massive improvement on the Hankook all was well for about 4 months until I got another screw in the rear tyres - Not able to buy CS6's (no stock) I had to swap back over to Bridgestone as I knew I would get those.  I moved parking spaces during the day and after a couple of years of no screws, I fitted Michelin PS4 on the fronts and PS4S on the rear (I was not the only one - so they were not just targeting my car).  Night and day the best tyres the car has ever had.  I have had those nearly 6 months.

Paint Condition, That's not too bad after this time, I have tried to keep on top of it, I have a small bubble under the passenger door mirror which I will raise next year in Service and MOT - but apart from Stone chips it’s in good condition.  The Paint has a Ceramic Type coating on it and about 3 inches of wax...   

I kerbed two wheels once when not concentrating and once to miss a numpty on a Bike who crossed in front of me.  Both were repaired - one under Insurance and one I paid.  However, they are as good as new.  I try to be careful but these things happen.  

Last September I did something I waited until after the Warranty has expired to do.  It is something I regret not doing years earlier as the car is everything it should have been and had a custom Valved exhaust built.  If you do nothing else, change the exhaust.

Only other mechanical mods are the K&N Drop in filters, and a Nismo Oil Cap apart from that nothing mechanical has been changed.  (I tried Nismo Radiator Caps - Don't do it as I found out the pressure if different on the Nismo)

Appearance.  I added a new Nismo Bits, so it has Carbon B Pillars, Nismo entry plates, Nismo Badge on the Bonnet (I see this a lot these days on many of the international cars).  I added a Nismo Oil plate to the engine bay and a Nismo Badge to the area near the gear stick - bigger than the V2 and slightly higher.  I also changed the Gas Struts for Z1 Motorsport SHP and the lifters (which has stopped working well)

I have only run it on Shell V-Power (At the start Nitro+ until it changed its name back).  I have had perhaps 3 fills of the Tesco 99 stuff but thats it, no other Fuel types have been used and I have flushed the systems once - no idea what the internals look like as a result.

The Car has three clean MOT's with no advisories.  

I have new Zed and Burger badges in Black - yet I have never fitted them.

The Car did a CAT Driver training day - that is the fastest I have driven it, with road works on the A14 for 4 of the past 5.5 years I have been stuck in a vast part at 40mph.  Fair to say the car has never really been driver that hard.

So there we go.  I don't regret the purchase one bit, it rattles a bit, you have to be careful not to ground it, but it still gets massive attention.  I still treat it as if it was brand new and still park it miles away from the majority.  I suspect the next 40,000 miles will take longer as I really hope in a few years to retire it form the daily commute (but keep it) and use if for a toy car.

• dj370zNismo, Paul_S, A Pair Of Flabby Wings and 5 others like this
Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start ButtonGT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Posted Image

#4 John_K

John_K

Zedlet

• Moderators
  • 893 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 June 2019 - 11:21 am

Congratulations Les.

You know what I think of your car. With 12k on mine, the one you pointed me in the direction of!, ive got some catching up to do, especially as im currently averaging 60 miles a week, but I aspire to the condition of yours.

I cant wait for them to meet
  • LESmo and Paul_S like this
Black Pearl 2010 (60) 370Z Auto GT Pack Connect Premium - 'Cool Dad'
EBC Ultimax (slotted) front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads
- auf wiedersehen pet
Storm White 2014 (64) 370Z Nismo #376 - the new 'Cool Dad'

#5 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 11,220 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 June 2019 - 11:40 am

It will be great to get them together  :thumbsup:

• John_K likes this

Posted Image

#6 oxfordlad

oxfordlad

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 06:41 am

I've had no issues with mine, just gone over 60k in her now though these are mostly motorway miles.

I have noticed some bubbling on one of my front wheels which will need to be looked at.

I've done no mods to the car at all, though it does need to go in for a decent detail and stone chip repairs but never get the time to book her in!!

Still makes me smile everyday!!

• dj370zNismo, LESmo, Paul_S and 2 others like this

#7 dj370zNismo

dj370zNismo

Zedling

• Founding Member (10)
  • 2,657 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 July 2019 - 06:53 am

Great write up Les! No doubt about it they are hard to let go aren't they? Mine is already that toy car you refer to as my daily drive is a Disco Sport the Z ain't going nowhere!

• LESmo likes this
2013 Storm White 370z Nismo #93
2004 Azure Blue 350Z

#8 Daz JDM

Daz JDM

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 July 2019 - 11:25 am

my poor old 2004 350 has only got 39.5k on clock that's only about 2.6k per yr :o about right for a 'fair weather motor' B) 

• dj370zNismo, LESmo and Paul_S like this

#9 dj370zNismo

dj370zNismo

Zedling

• Founding Member (10)
  • 2,657 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 July 2019 - 11:45 am

my poor old 2004 350 has only got 39.5k on clock that's only about 2.6k per yr :o about right for a 'fair weather motor' B) 

That makes me feel a bit better about my 370!  ;)

• LESmo and Daz JDM like this
2013 Storm White 370z Nismo #93
2004 Azure Blue 350Z

#10 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 34,843 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 July 2019 - 08:00 pm

My '59 plate has nearly on 80K.  Coincidentally Sarah's '64 plate Juke is on almost identical mileage at the moment!

• dj370zNismo, LESmo and Daz JDM like this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#11 heylee

heylee

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 7 posts