Posted Image

Photo

like a six year old looking forward to Christmas...

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 Painless

Painless

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 05:51 pm

Hello,
I will be picking up a 370z nismo on the 10th of July from a dealership in Epsom.
As the title of this thread suggests I am far more excited about the idea than I probably should be for a 58 year old but I cant help myself.
I retired from being a fireman seven years ago and have recently had a minor heart attack. Sounds like a bad thing but, that cloud has turned out to have a silver lining......... after seven years of obsessive Auto-trader perusing and bothering dealerships for test drives of cars which I could not afford I finally had the perfect reason to push the boat out and actually buy something !
I really love the way the 370z looks and drives, a naturally aspirated high revving engine, manual gearbox, hydraulic steering and a viscous LSD, what is not to like ! Have already bought resonated short tail exhausts so that it will sound as good as it looks.
Dont want to bore anyone so that will do for now : )
  • Chubbs, dj370zNismo, Paul_S and 5 others like this
I would rather have questions I cant answer than answers I cant question

#2 Gasitup

Gasitup

Zedlet

• Moderators
  • 322 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 06:29 pm

Hello,
I will be picking up a 370z nismo on the 10th of July from a dealership in Epsom.
As the title of this thread suggests I am far more excited about the idea than I probably should be for a 58 year old but I cant help myself.
I retired from being a fireman seven years ago and have recently had a minor heart attack. Sounds like a bad thing but, that cloud has turned out to have a silver lining......... after seven years of obsessive Auto-trader perusing and bothering dealerships for test drives of cars which I could not afford I finally had the perfect reason to push the boat out and actually buy something !
I really love the way the 370z looks and drives, a naturally aspirated high revving engine, manual gearbox, hydraulic steering and a viscous LSD, what is not to like ! Have already bought resonated short tail exhausts so that it will sound as good as it looks.

Your just in time to come and join us at a meet in Kimbolton if you want to show off your new Z. It’s a small friendly gathering and a great excuse to add some miles on a shakedown run.
I’m sure Lesmo the event organiser will be along to welcome you to the OC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Paul_S and Painless like this

#3 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 35,081 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 June 2019 - 06:59 pm

One of the best first posts I've ever read!

A very warm welcome to the club.

Congratulations, you've just bought an awesome mota that you've clearly already fallen in love with!

The epic journey starts here!
  • Painless likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#4 vjordon

vjordon

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 08:01 pm

Hello,

Welcome to this wonderful world of the Z ... and this great nissansportz club.

Vicky x

• dj370zNismo, Paul_S, Gasitup and 1 other like this

#5 nacnud

nacnud

International Zedlister

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 June 2019 - 08:40 pm

The difference between Men and Boys, is the price of their toys
Welcome to our z'd family

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk
  • Paul_S, Gasitup, vjordon and 1 other like this
John D. B) 

#6 ChasGFL

ChasGFL

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 June 2019 - 10:25 pm

Welcome to the forum and the club with a great bunch of friendly members and as Gasitup said try and get yourself along to Kimbolton or any of the other events going on. Nothing better than meeting others who share your passion for this fantastic car.
  • Gasitup, vjordon and Painless like this

#7 Chilli Red

Chilli Red

Club Secretary

• Committee Member (10)
  • 23,012 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 July 2019 - 05:33 am

Hello :hello: and welcome

Fantastic, how very exciting :yahoo: counting the sleeps down to pickup day. We’ve all been there, how many sleepless nights left? :lol: we aren’t far from you, in Surrey, assuming you live near the dealership. Put your name down for mod day at our house and come and meet the rest of us, adult kids, who won’t grow up

Sarah :)

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d  premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it - Alas, she has now gone too
Check out our - 2014 & 2015 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

#8 Painless

Painless

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 08:58 am

What a fine welcome, thanks. I actually live in Hampshire just over an hours drive from the dealership in Epsom.
I am already booked up for the Flying Legends weekend at Duxford airfield on the weekend of the Kimbolton meet. Not far from there in fact.
Its something I have done every year since 2006 meeting up with my virtual flying buddies from the UK, Europe and sometimes the USA and Canada. (I have many patches on my Anorak :)
Here is a link to the video presentation the dealership sent me initially if anyone is interested..........

https://video.citnow.com/vxVYLgSNYY7

Nine more days............

Edited by Painless, 01 July 2019 - 09:10 am.

• Chilli Red likes this

#9 Dave G

Dave G

Zedlet

• Members (10)
  • 506 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 11:49 am

Welcome to the Zed fold (well, in 9 days anyway!!!).  Whilst I'm sorry to hear you suffered some ill health, I'm very pleased to hear you have made a great choice of car.  Zed-itus is very infectious and no known cure has been found.

Plus, love the fact that you have already bought a set of tail pipes for it and you've not even picked it up!  :clapping:

Stick around here, lots of friendly people, great advice, support should you need any help with anything and enough meets throughout the year if you can get to them.

Enjoy your new toy when you pick it up and of course, post back to let us know how you're getting on.

Dave

• Gasitup and Painless like this

#10 Neutreus

Neutreus

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 2,774 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 July 2019 - 01:18 pm

Welcome to the club Painless :welcome:

Ah that excitement and anticipation - that is one of the best feelings there is. The beauty is that once you pick her up and start to experience the ownership, the smile still won't leave your face.

Oh, and once you pick her up :pics:

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

#11 Painless

Painless

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 11:17 am

Thanks again for the welcome,
Will have to sort out insurance for the 10th, have been with Adrian Flux since Noah was a lad. I have fully comp and 19 yrs plus NCB on my 2005 Jag Xtype 2.2 diesel estate.The Nismo will be my second car so hoping to get a reasonable 6000 miles a year limited deal 🤔

Eight more days....

Edited by Painless, 02 July 2019 - 11:26 am.

• Paul_S, Gasitup and vjordon like this

#12 Painless

Painless

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 12:15 pm

Sorry, how rude of me, my real name is Mike. "Painless" comes from the original M.A.S.H film as in the Dentist and theme song. It's my virtual flying name. How sad is that !! :wub:

• Dave G and vjordon like this

#13 vjordon

vjordon

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 01:29 pm

Sorry, how rude of me, my real name is Mike. "Painless" comes from the original M.A.S.H film as in the Dentist and theme song. It's my virtual flying name. How sad is that !! :wub:

Again … Welcome Mike, oh and sadly I am old enough to remember watching M.A.S.H :( 

Vicky xx 

• Paul_S, Gasitup and Painless like this

#14 Painless

Painless

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 02:54 pm

Another way of looking at being old-er Vicky is, we know stuff !
  • vjordon likes this

#15 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,417 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 July 2019 - 05:08 pm

Welcome.  Sorry just caught up with this thread.  I can promise you these things get under your skin.  The exhaust will transform the car - plus it gives it the sound it always should have had. 

Please share pictures.  I won't ask too many questions as it will spoil the surprise.

• Gasitup and Painless like this

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

#16 Painless

Painless

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 05:20 pm

Thanks Lesmo, will do....

#17 Painless

Painless

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 09:11 am

Oops, correction ... Thanks LESmo, will do....
  • LESmo likes this

#18 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Members (10)
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 10:18 am

Hello and welcome, Painless/Mike. :hello:

I bet that the vision of the thing to be that you see through the early morning fog is a lot more appealing than the visions of Trapper, Hawkeye, etc. :thumbs:
  • Painless likes this

#19 Gasitup

Gasitup

Zedlet

• Moderators
  • 322 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 04:34 am

Hello,

I’m very interested in what exhaust tails you “pre purchased
My Nismo needs a better tune singing out it’s rear asap. I started looking ages ago and was trying to get a few OC members together for a bulk buy from Malian with bespoke Tips but it’s taking time. Summer is upon us so I think a quick Zorst change is imminent.
I’m Mick BTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Neutreus likes this

#20 Painless

Painless

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 07:24 am

Here you go Mick......

https://www.torqen.u...q-z34-st-r.html

If you ring them first to enquire, they should offer to send you an email discount code. I got the resonated short tails with burnt nismo 5 inch tips for £467 inc postage and VAT.

Listened to the AAM resonated short tails from the states on YouTube and loved the sound. Fingers crossed these will sound very similar.

Six days to go......

Edited by Painless, 04 July 2019 - 07:30 am.

• Dave G, Neutreus and Gasitup like this