12 replies to this topic

#1 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 11,220 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 July 2019 - 05:31 am

Please post any pictures and reports from the day here.

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start ButtonGT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Posted Image

#2 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 11,220 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 July 2019 - 09:49 am

We are setup good location next to the arena.

3a35907c07f2cb5c807593f76e87cb9e.jpg

c037943da5143aa4ce5a2548136eba38.jpg

561aa187cc2f429eda7fbc284bd1e3e8.jpg

be73d4ea29809c2e9f8b154dd020701d.jpg

e1ed8ea65d4cd21ea9aefc33bbc74ea0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Paul_S, John_K and Gasitup like this
Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start ButtonGT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Posted Image

#3 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 34,843 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 July 2019 - 01:09 pm

The cars are looking gorgeous as usual :thumbs:

Sorry I can't be there today as I had planned, but I had unexpected son duties to perform.

Take lots of pics folks! :bounce:

• Gasitup likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#4 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 11,220 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 July 2019 - 05:29 am

Bit different this year, we had pulled out of a club space, with so much happening in people's lives and Silverstone so close - it wasn't a given we could get enough cars.   We had done really well in the previous couple of years with the numbers.

Final numbers were actually better than I had hoped.  We had a wide range of models across the history of the Zed.  A couple of friends joined us from the ZClub, as well as 4 cars from our club. 

I knew where I wanted to get a space - I also knew the only way to get it would be to arrive early.   We took a corner near the Arena as it was given the footfall would be high.  We erected the nissansportz feather close to the road so those arriving could see it.  No sooner had we arrived and a Ford club turned up.  They were very friendly and accommodating and between us all we managed to arrange the corner.  We also managed to keep space for the 6 cars - I think we could have probably got 8 in - had we needed too so a thought for the future.

Chas and Mick turned up about 20 minutes after we arrived and then it got easier to reserve the space.  Soon followed by jr6yam and the Zclub guys. 

For the first hour or so the place is fairly quiet we could watch the cars arrive - someone said there was over 900 cars, and they ranged greatly from everyday family cars to supercars, there were a couple of Mclarens turned up. 

It was nice to be so close to the Arena in the last 4 visits I had never seen anything, and the day flew by.  No sooner had it started that we were packing up again and heading home.  Another great day.

Thanks for everyone who was able to make it.  Hope you enjoyed the day.

• Paul_S, Jeff-W and Gasitup like this

Posted Image

#5 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 34,843 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 July 2019 - 06:36 am

It sounds like you have this really sussed Les :clap:

Well done to all who attended :thumbs:
  • LESmo and Gasitup like this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#6 ChasGFL

ChasGFL

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 399 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 July 2019 - 10:52 am

So after a quick dash back from Cheltenham and about 4 hours sleep I made the short trip to Thrapston to meet up with Gasitup and head to Kimbolton to find Lesmo and Cazza who'd earmarked us a great spot right by the main arena. A good turnout of Zeds considering the close proximity of our main event and we managed to get a look around the hundreds of other cars, something we didn't really do last year as it was far too hot to do anything.

The only downside was physically having to stand up and turn my chair around to view the proceedings taking place in the main arena. sometimes though you have to put up with these hardships! Completely forgot to do a vid walkaround or take many pics, I'll blame the slightly heavy weekend and lack of sleep. Great to see you all again and thanks to Lesmo and Cazza for sorting everything.

IMG_20190714_150835.jpg

• LESmo, Paul_S and Gasitup like this

#7 Gasitup

Gasitup

Zedlet

• Moderators
  • 279 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 12:38 pm

Well. Our day started planning munchies and limited alcoholic juice to ensure a safe journey home. Text LESmo as running late even though Jayne got me up early
Thanks to Lesmo and Caz for grabbing a brilliant spot. Jayne says hi.

Text Chas to ensure he was fit for purpose
As it happened Chas having had a heavy weekend ensured a meeting at Thrapston was perfection timing for a grand entrance. See clip when I load it. ( earplugs being delivered to Premier inn )
A brisk run to kimbolton was a great way to bond our Z’s. Awesome fun and obviously observing local road signage.

Car park planning brilliant and once a couple of beefy fords moved closer to the main building our spot was terrific.

A little detailing advice and Z niggles sorted by LESmo on my Mo. Ta.
A chill with breakfast roll and coffee getting to know everyone
Then it’s lunchtime so a glass of red for whoever wanted it and a cold beer.
Picnic ready for the grand arrival of my family and grandchildren. Well- the afternoon was a blur but beautiful.
The horse display watched twice and more walking and talking.
Finally a few solo pics taken by my daughters BF which I adore.
Oh- and a LESmo Zorst Clip.

Pics to follow later.

• LESmo, Paul_S and ChasGFL like this

#8 Gasitup

Gasitup

Zedlet

• Moderators
  • 279 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 05:53 pm

Well. Our day started planning munchies and limited alcoholic juice to ensure a safe journey home. Text LESmo as running late even though Jayne got me up early
Thanks to Lesmo and Caz for grabbing a brilliant spot. Jayne says hi.

Text Chas to ensure he was fit for purpose
As it happened Chas having had a heavy weekend ensured a meeting at Thrapston was perfection timing for a grand entrance. See clip when I load it. ( earplugs being delivered to Premier inn )
A brisk run to kimbolton was a great way to bond our Z’s. Awesome fun and obviously observing local road signage.

Car park planning brilliant and once a couple of beefy fords moved closer to the main building our spot was terrific.

A little detailing advice and Z niggles sorted by LESmo on my Mo. Ta.
A chill with breakfast roll and coffee getting to know everyone
Then it’s lunchtime so a glass of red for whoever wanted it and a cold beer.
Picnic ready for the grand arrival of my family and grandchildren. Well- the afternoon was a blur but beautiful.
The horse display watched twice and more walking and talking.
Finally a few solo pics taken by my daughters BF which I adore.
Oh- and a LESmo Zorst Clip.

Pics to follow later.

d494f4da264ee8e02a55e3e11cdb3b76.jpgIMG_0698.jpg IMG_0699.jpg IMG_0703.jpg IMG_0706.jpg IMG_0711.jpg IMG_0719.jpg IMG_0733.jpg IMG_0692.jpg IMG_0693.jpg

• LESmo and ChasGFL like this

#9 Gasitup

Gasitup

Zedlet

• Moderators
  • 279 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 05:53 pm

IMG_0746.jpg

#10 Gasitup

Gasitup

Zedlet

• Moderators
  • 279 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 05:54 pm

b8f0d75a6aab6c3568cdae52a3e87f66.jpg

#11 Gasitup

Gasitup

Zedlet

• Moderators
  • 279 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 05:56 pm

8dfda499-9e89-437f-9ae4-3f9befe4b0cd.jpg

862f0b50-269b-4bd5-a718-5fe270a28090.jpg 4970bc79e2957d4dc8cfe82b93e5ab90.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

6fd834de-c3cb-420b-8c66-892c72b47574.jpg

#12 Gasitup

Gasitup

Zedlet

• Moderators
  • 279 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 05:59 pm

5c9c4e9b7e321e32588d0572495e9804.jpg

My grandson inspecting the paintwork. Look closely and tell me if you see what I saw

LESmo and the valved exhaust:

#13 Gasitup

Gasitup

Zedlet

• Moderators
  • 279 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 05:59 pm

IMG_0693.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: EVENTS 2019