1FHL

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 July 2019 - 09:59 am

Hello All,

Our illustrious chairperson Paul_S managed to lace me with enough alcohol last Saturday night at Silverstone to convince me to agree to arranging this year’s Christmas Party…

I’m happy to have a go, especially as one of my staff lives for Christmas and all things parties.

What I’d like to know in order to get it going (and I know we can’t please everybody) is those of you:

• Who would like to meet on 30th November?
  • Or 7th December?

I’d like then to know where everybody is coming from if 99.9% of attendees are based on the Isle of Wight then that would be the place! (A poor example I know but you get the idea!)  

Can you please reply below (copy and paste) like so:

Date: December

Numbers: 2

I will then go with the search for best location and date for as many as possible.

I did discuss with Paul the following as an option: https://www.bestpart...s-milton-keynes

But this would mean taxis to an hotel separately, but without putting out there as an idea… any thoughts welcome 😊

• vjordon likes this

Nissan 370z "Zoe" Roadster "1 FHL" - Porsche "Maddie" Macan 3.0dS - MIni "Tommy" Coupe JCW "2 FHL"

#2 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,351 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:22 am

Date: Either
Coming From: Exeter
Qty: 2
P.s. Nice hotel please.

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

#3 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 35,051 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:23 am

For many years we did the last weekend in November but more recently the first in December (only because hotels tend to start their Xmas party season in Dec so it gave more choice).  I am happy with either date :)

Date: November or December

The venue is always a tricky one (the old you can't please all the people all the time thingy).  I think it's important that any venue has a mix of a party area for those who want to let their down and a quieter area for those who want a more relaxed event.

Ultimately, if you don't say what you'd prefer then there's less chance of getting what you want! 

:thankyou:

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#4 blobbish

blobbish

Club Secretary

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:32 am

Numbers: 4 (inc. Han and Andrew)

I agree with Paul about the party/quiet area, but so long as they serve nice beer/wine etc. I'll be happy

Current - 2009 GTR Premium, Stage 2

Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

#5 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 6,342 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:32 am

Date: Either (considering the date I can see more sense/availability if it's November).
From: East Yorkshire (last year's central-ish location was fine).
Numbers: 1 or 2 (or 3, if the twins I know finally succumb).

2007 350Z (my second Zed) - When you give up driving, you’re not going to look back wistfully on the car you owned with the nicest dashboard top or speaker grilles. You’re going to remember a car for its excitement and how it made you feel.

2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Far less pretentious though.

#6 vjordon

vjordon

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 12:07 pm

At this moment in time either of those dates are ok with me.

Qty -1 place for me please  :(

Coming from Hertfordshire.

Vicky x

#7 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,374 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 July 2019 - 12:31 pm

Either Date

Cambridge

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

#8 Gasitup

Gasitup

Zedlet

• Moderators
  • 309 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 12:40 pm

Either date
Mick & Jayne
Northamptonshire
Happy to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 John_K

John_K

Zedlet

• Moderators
  • 907 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 July 2019 - 12:55 pm

Thanks - good luck!
Black Pearl 2010 (60) 370Z Auto GT Pack Connect Premium - 'Cool Dad'
EBC Ultimax (slotted) front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads
- auf wiedersehen pet
Storm White 2014 (64) 370Z Nismo #376 - the new 'Cool Dad'

#10 Neutreus

Neutreus

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 2,751 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 July 2019 - 01:10 pm

Either (at the moment, work do's unknown at this point)

Gloucester

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe, Alcon Discs, Ferodo DS2050 Pads

2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

#11 PaulW

PaulW

Committee Member

• Administrators (10)
  • 7,629 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 05:02 pm

Currently either date is good, 2 people coming from a very moist Cheshire

• Paul_S likes this

gallery_245_423_13930.png

#12 ChasGFL

ChasGFL

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 August 2019 - 10:55 am

November would be first choice but not worried either way

Northamptonshire

#13 1FHL

1FHL

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:59 am

December it is then the 7th. 

I will now do a loctaion and venue search.

• Paul_S and Gasitup like this

Nissan 370z "Zoe" Roadster "1 FHL" - Porsche "Maddie" Macan 3.0dS - MIni "Tommy" Coupe JCW "2 FHL"

#14 blobbish

blobbish

Club Secretary

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 August 2019 - 01:37 pm

Cheers Frankie. I'll put this in the calendar so I don't double book.

Current - 2009 GTR Premium, Stage 2

Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

#15 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,374 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 August 2019 - 03:26 pm

Have added date to the Club Calendar - just saying updated to follow.  But it now appears on the list.  Will update the Club Events Calendar in a second.  Cheers

• Paul_S likes this

Current - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button. GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System. Custom Blank Button Delete Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

#16 1FHL

1FHL

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:39 am

Genuinely struggling to find a venue ...

... would be cheeky to ask what peoples budgets are? You can PM them.

#17 vjordon

vjordon

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:05 pm

Has the committee decided on an area or what sort of event the club is going for.

I think that a venue like last year where most people stopped over "on site" was great, and not far to stagger back to the room, as for cost... well I suppose the room would be about £60.00/£80.00 and the dinner could be around £50.00 + drinks.

I do feel for you as a real headache you have there.

Vicky xx

#18 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,374 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 August 2019 - 04:14 pm

I Agree with Vicky,

Personally, we have a brilliant range of club members and they have a brilliant range of disposable incomes.  With Christmas its a challenge for many I am sure to supply Santa the cash he needs, attend the works Christmas do's - pay for team do's (if you are a manager).  So its an expensive time.  The last two places I thought were brilliant, Kettering we had done a few times and I enjoyed the table games at the end.  But in all honesty I think the one a couple of years ago was great.  We went by train that year to the Christmas do - met Blobbish on the Platform on the same train.  The room we had for the AGM was massive that year.

I know I am 1/30th of the attendance and so I have no real sway, but the thing I have always enjoyed about the events is we didn't have to dress up if we didn't want too, I know some people do.  I personally have always said I spend all week in a tie and I do not want to do it at weekends.  Again that's personal.  Whatever its one of those things which will not please everyone I suspect and what one person wants another won't.  And its nearly impossible I suspect to match a budget as everyone is different.  But if we look at good attendance years its the sort of price Vicky is saying.  For that it must include Breakfast though.

#19 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 6,342 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 04:38 pm

My thoughts entirely echo those of Vicky and Les.

2007 350Z (my second Zed) - When you give up driving, you’re not going to look back wistfully on the car you owned with the nicest dashboard top or speaker grilles. You’re going to remember a car for its excitement and how it made you feel.

2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Far less pretentious though.

#20 Gasitup

Gasitup

Zedlet

• Moderators
  • 309 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:36 pm

Has the committee decided on an area or what sort of event the club is going for.

I think that a venue like last year where most people stopped over "on site" was great, and not far to stagger back to the room, as for cost... well I suppose the room would be about £60.00/£80.00 and the dinner could be around £50.00 + drinks.

I do feel for you as a real headache you have there.

Vicky xx

My disposal is limited due to being a grandad, dad,lover,Zowner,Gasman,etc etc etc.
Happy to push the boat out this year but happy to go without a tie etc.
I do like a suite and dress every now and again though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk