4 replies to this topic

#1 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 11,165 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:46 pm

What do these do then? I looked and completely solid how does the air get in....

9a4fd96a1ed28604ca6e0dd388675c9e.jpg

c539961995157783eedd1873e97d242f.jpg

:unknw:  :unknw: 

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start ButtonGT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Posted Image

#2 milanored

milanored

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:56 pm

Maybe hot air comes out to defrost windscreen

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  • LESmo likes this

#3 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,217 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:56 pm

How do they work? They look pretty and make people part with money...
  • LESmo likes this

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

#4 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:32 pm

Instead of letting air in, are they not supposed to let hot air out?  Assuming they are solid, all they'd need is a drill and a dremel and they'd work a treat.  The same Dremel they probably used to cut the holes in the first place. :rolleyes: :lol:

They've spoiled the car though.  The Hyundai Coupe of the same era that I owned was the biggest "magnet" I've ever owned.  The driver's door pocket contained two useful things: a boot open switch (not seen on a Zed for fifteen years); and a s***ty stick.

2007 350Z (my second Zed) - When you give up driving, you’re not going to look back wistfully on the car you owned with the nicest dashboard top or speaker grilles. You’re going to remember a car for its excitement and how it made you feel.
2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Far less pretentious though.

#5 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 34,738 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:30 pm

The intake nearest the screen looks pointless to me.  I can understand it on a Scooby because they have a rad there, but I don't think the Hyundai does...

The others look just as stuck on.  Do you think they are just stuck on the standard bonnet (with no holes cut) for their appearance?  If they are, the money would have been better spent on a new front number plate and new screws that won't rust!

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY